• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Pokemon Power

According to the Nintendo Switch News, the entire Pikachu evolutionary family are popping up in Max Raid Battles more often for a while. And yes, it includes regular and Alolan Raichu.

Luthor

I took a break from my ongoing impidimp matsuda method hunt to shiny hunt while there is an ongoing Pikachu max raid event. Shockingly this max raid event my luck has been significantly better than usual (my Shiny luck is normally famously bad). I did manage to get 2 shiny Pikachu already. So I now have a shiny gigantamax pikachu and a shiny Raichu. Back to hunting for Impidimp.

Last edited:

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It took a few tries, but I catch A-Raichu in a Love Ball. Its... alright. Max Attack makes it susceptible to Foul Play, but otherwise it just needs a mint and one bottle cap.

But Love Ball A-Raichu was one of my big hunts and this event helped me get it. Now, I'm off to find a Shiny Pikachu. Hopefully someone is interested in my offer at the quick trade thread and trades me a Love Ball before I find the Shiny Pikachu.

Edit: I have fully trained it, so it's ready for battle.

Edit 2: Also got myself a Zarude through a trade here. Trained it up and currently am looking to get a Jolly Mint.

But I think I'm done for now, so back into the shadows I go...

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Well, I started the post-game story involving the royal brothers. I've gotten right up to beating the first Dynamaxed Pokemon at Turffield. I'm planning on doing one per day for the next week.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Got both a Shiny Pikachu and Alolan Raichu after several raids

damion

Dragon Trainer
Long story short (lost all my games some years back)
Playing through Plat (finished Pokemon league) Breaded luxray named him after my father and training him through the series
one to Soul Silver
Pokemon Shield is complete (Working on Dex)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Finally earned enough Watts to complete Honey's challenge & the extra scene was actually really touching. It wasn't a cinematic masterpiece or the most emotional thing pokemon's ever done, but it was sweet & heartwarming to learn more about Mustard & Honey and how they worked together to build the Master Dojo. I'm still planning ahead for the Crown Tundra & future games, but I still loved playing through the Isle of Armor this summer & felt more connected to the characters than I thought I would. Now it's time to meet up with Hop & complete the final challenge before taking on Mustard.

Side Note: I actually already got some Max Honey completely by accident since I won it in a Wifi raid against a shiny HA Vespiquen. However, I want to do the storyline & earn it on my own, so I just attached it to the Vespiquen & left it in a pc box :p

Pokemon Power

Well, I've cleared the post-game story with the two brothers, and caught the legendary Zacian! I'm thinking about exploring all the post-game features, then I'm gonna finish the Isle of Armor story. After that, I'm thinking about finishing up my playthrough of Pokemon Platinum in preparation of the Crown Tundra.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Today was pretty eventful in terms of completion. When I made a new game, I forgot to get back to Max Rank in Battle Tower. So, I just finished both Singles and Doubles off. While I was at it, I got my entire Ranked Singles (Online) team to get those tower ribbons, then proceeded to get them friend ribbons, effort ribbons, and the champion ribbons, which I just got done now.

I now have a LOT of BP, and quite a few new mints.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I finally beat Mustard for the final time earlier tonight & it was tougher than I thought it would be. While I thought my second battle with Honey was more of a challenge, it was still down to the wire and all of my pokémon got a chance to shine. My Isle of Armor pokémon still need more room to grow, but they all seem to be fairly strong & it was fun bonding with them all summer

Now it's time to finally leave the Isle of Armor & return to Postwick until the Crown Tundra comes out. All I need to do is pick up my Porygon from Hyde tomorrow morning & then it's time to head out.

Final Team:
  • Galarian Slowbro
  • Tentacruel
  • Exploud
  • Dusk Form Lycanroc
  • Rapid Strike Urshifu
  • Emolga

Last edited:

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
After a bit of breeding, I've hatched myself two Pokemon; a perfect IV, HA Squirtle in a Love Ball and a a perfect IV, HA Bulbasaur in a Love Ball. I already have a perfect IV, HA Charmander in a Love Ball, in my storage, so I think I'm ready to start Shiny breeding them with my JPN Ditto.

Just need to get Squirtle and Bulbsaur hooked up with some Egg Moves.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Lately I’ve just been preparing for the Crown Tundra & future battle seasons. I gave both my Melmetal & Rapidash the battle ready mark, I’ve been teaching egg moves to several of my pokémon, I’ve been farming Armorite Ore in case I need it for move tutors or resetting EVs, and I’m currently hunting for a Nidoqueen from the Gen 2 games so I can use it on my team when the next DLC comes out.

I was also thinking of getting another pokémon in the meantime, though right now I’m trying to decide between Stuffull, Galarian Farfetch’d, Alolan Marowak, & Crawdaunt

Last edited: