• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So in less than a year, Sword & Shield has outsold all but two main series titles: Pokémon Red & Blue and Pokémon Gold & Silver.

I will be honest, though. I did expect it to sell more than 18 million copies by June. I was predicting 20 million. Perhaps if the pandemic hadn't happened, it would have. Either way, I'm impressed!

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
With the update to Home, setting Wonder Trades are much faster and, in my opinion, more bearable. The trades I'm getting are pretty good too. Getting quite a bit of Love Ball Pokemon I've yet to get. I've also been doing some trade cycling on Home to fill my Home Dex.

In Sword, I've been doing the regular routine; Dens, Digging Pa, Buy stuff, including Wishing Pieces, repeat.

Luthor

I actually just finished a 715 Egg MM for Shiny Impidimp so I hope you have better luck than me. Thankfully I got all good IVs except SpA (which isn’t a bad thing)

My luck was significantly worse 1,161. (and I didn't even count the first few days)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My luck was significantly worse 1,161. (and I didn't even count the first few days)
I start to burn out around the 1000 mark so I can only imagine how tilting that must be. I'm glad you at least got it eventually!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just had a casual battle with someone, & it turns out that they were using almost entirely hacked pokemon. Aside from their Eternatus, they were all shiny and had nicknames like PKMNLabs.com. It was neck & neck with each of us down to our last pokemon. The matched ended in a tie since his fake Rillaboom used Wood Hammer and fainted due to recoil, but in the end he was still considered the winner since my Urshifu fainted first.

I don't mind losing (most of the time), but I hate the fact that I was beaten by someone who uses all hacked pokemon like this :mad:

Luthor

Well thanks to the giveaway I'm now only 1 Pokemon away from completion of the IOA dex (Porygon-Z). Hoping their will be a max raid for it soon.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Got the two Event Pokemon today. Leveled both of them to 100, and gave 3 Bottle Caps to the Porygon2 to cap its Defense, Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense.

These No Good Speed event Pokemon are amazing. I'm so glad that they're sharing these codes with the entire community.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I have been mostly shiny hunting and doing max raid battles, mostly by using the masuda method. I have battled almost 700 Shinx, with no luck on the shiny.

However breeding shinies has been very successful. Since I posted here with my shiny Sobble, I have hatched these shinies:

Alolan Nintales in a Love Ball with Snow Warning
Arcanine in a Level Ball with Intimidate
Galarian Rapidash in a Premier Ball with Pastel Veil
Hydreigon in a Beast Ball
Haxorus in a Dusk Ball with Mold Breaker
Volcarona in a Sport Ball
Decidueye in a Poke Ball with Long Reach
Flygon in a Quick Ball
Duraludon in a Heavy Ball with Light Metal

Most of them are at least 4IV. I've yet to hatch a 5IV shiny, which is fine. And they all have nice natures for the Pokemon. Most of them I have gotten relatively quick as well surprisingly, 5 in less 100 eggs, 3 in less than 500, Arcanine took the most over 1200 eggs. My little collection of self obtained shinies is growing. :)

I have a list of shinies I want to go for and I hope to get most or all before Crown Tundra.

Did also do 4 of the restricted sparring so far. Fairy, Dragon, Fire, and Grass. I also havent battled Honey yet, I should do that soon.

aerial_ace

Actually the spookiest thing happened to me today. I was breeding sneasel for my season 6 team(wasn't even using masuda breeding method as wasn't fussed about shiny) after maybe dozen eggs hatched I asked my google speaker to play songs by Pink. Kid you not the second later my egg started to hatch guess what I now have pink sneasel with ideal stats. Pink confirmed best artist for shiny breeding lol

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So I got my first hacked 'mon in a trade. :(

Luckily, it was a wonder trade, so I didn't lose anything good from it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just won my first ranked battle for the new season & I’m surprised at how well my team turned out.

My Corviknight ended up winning the match, but the biggest surprise was that my Kantonian Rapidash ended up being my ace/dark horse. It took out both my opponent’s Gastrodon & Skarmory before it eventually fell to Dynamax Sylveon due to too many Flare Blitzes.

I also got a Pyukumuku a few days ago to use as a Baton Pass setter for my weaker pokémon. I just finished EV training it, but I’m waiting until the Crown Tundra comes out to really use it

Last edited:

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I had decided to do another save on Sword (I play mostly Shield), I beat Sword once before. I am just after the first gym so far.

I bred the whole team on Shield and transferred them through home. This is what I got so far.

Druddigon
Rotom Heat
Azumarill
Roselia
Shiny Galarian Yamask
Shiny Dottler

I purposely bred two of them shiny.

Drummerdude

I started a Sword playthrough back in February and played it for a bit before putting it away for months. Not sure why I decided to pick it back up but I did so here we go. I resumed in Ballonlea and did the 30 seconds of exploring before taking on the gym challenge. I messed up because my Grapploct was the first member in my party during the trainer battles so I would have to swap it out usually into Copperajah. Once the three battles were done I challenged Opal. One of my favorite memories of my first time fighting her was missing all her questions and struggling because of it. That didn't happen this time. Ponyta took down Weezing with Zen Headbutt, Inteleon defeated Mawile with Sniper Shot, Boltund zapped Togekiss with Thunderbolt and Copperajah took down Gigantimax Alcremie with Max Steelstrike.

After the battle we returned to Hammerlocke and heard an explosion but fortunately the adults will handle it so I left to take care of Hop's new team.....which I did. Then it was heading north through Route 8 where Ponyta finally evolved into something not as cute. Eventually I arrived in Circhester and took a break.

818.png
Lv40
836.png
Lv40
078-g.png
Lv40
879.png
Lv41
853.png
Lv40
855.png
Lv41

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
With a lot of help from this site, I have finally completed the National Pokedex in Pokemon Home, and received my own Poke Ball form Magearna!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Got the two Event Pokemon today. Leveled both of them to 100, and gave 3 Bottle Caps to the Porygon2 to cap its Defense, Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense.

These No Good Speed event Pokemon are amazing. I'm so glad that they're sharing these codes with the entire community.

Wait, how do you get event pokémon? I've only gotten the Gastrodon, but didn't see anything with regards to a Porygon?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I've been doing great with this battle season so far since I'm almost at rank 7 with 11 wins & 2 losses (one of them I consider unfair because the internet just randomly died and for some reason it was considered a loss for me).

I will admit that I feel a little unfair since I've been winning half of my matches with my Urshifu (it also stings since my first loss was against someone else who used an Urshifu on me), but the other half of the time I've been putting my faith in my other pokemon and they've been doing an amazing job! My most reliable team members so far have been my Kantonian Rapidash who surprisngly dominated most of my opponents, my Corviknight who's normally been one of my most reliable pokemon, and my Obstagoon who just swept an entire team even after they did an ingenious Iron Defense/Baton Pass strategy!

EDIT: I just made it into the Great Tier (Super Class, Getto da ze!!)! I had to finish the match with Urshifu but I felt more justified using it this time since my opponent's final pokemon was a Terrakion

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Tried out Assault Vest Cursola with Max HP and Max Sp. Def with a Sp. Def-focused nature. Good god it's tanky on the special side. Even when it's Assault Vest is taken away, it's still tanky as heck. Honestly, all it needs is trick room like Hatterene and you got yourself one of the most powerful Pokemon of the meta. Of course, it won't do well against physical attackers but man, with Assault Vest, even Hydreigon will have great difficulty spamming Dark Pulse three times.

Drummerdude

I've officially beaten Leon in time for Mario All Stars 3D. Nothing too exciting happened between getting my 6th badge and getting to the champion fight which isn't too abnormal for Sword/Shield. The Leon fight was a doozy though. I had Polteageist go up against Aegislash and although Shadow Ball did decent damage while it was in Shield Forme a Shadow Ball from the Blade Forme was too much for Polteageist to handle. Fortunately Inteleon is quicker and knocked out Aegislash with Snipe Shot. Rapidash survived a Shadow Ball from Dragapult and brought it and Haxorus down with Play Rough. Inteleon returned to the fight to take down Rhyperior easily. I tried using Boltund against Rillaboom because I don't really have anything good against Grass types apart from Inteleon's Ice Beam and Boltund's Fire Fang. Fire Fang only did about half damage but Rillaboom's High Horsepower was a OHKO on Boltund so I once again relied on Inteleon to defeat another one of Leon's Pokemon.

4v1 against Leon's Charizard! I Dynamax'd Inteleon but whatever the Dynamax water move is called wasn't enough to defeat Gigantimax Charizard but Charizard's grass move was enough for Inteleon. I went to an almost fainted Rapidash assuming I could out-speed it and win the battle but that was not the case. Left with only Copperajah and Grapploct I elected to use Copperajah only to watch it fall in a single turn. In theory I could have used Grapploct as a sacrifice to heal Inteleon but instead I chose to use Facade. A now not Gigantimaxd Charizard used Fire Blast which took Grapploct down to 17HP and burned it....which only helped Facade knock out Charizard! Never a doubt!!

818.png
Lv61
836.png
Lv60
078-g.png
Lv61
879.png
Lv60
853.png
Lv61
855.png
Lv60

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Got my shiny Clefable. It's Mild with 5IV w/o perfect Defense.

I'm happy enough with it.

Also, I'm trying to give Honey the rest of the watts in the Isle of Armor. I need to give her 1,070,000 watts for the final reward, and I have over 500,000 so far.

Last edited:

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, unfortunately I won't be able to participate in the Light and Dark Wild Event, but I can just masuda method breed my Clefable anyways if I really want a Shiny Clefable.

I also finally finished training my Azumarill. But after realizing how much EXP Candy it takes to chug to level 100, I've decided that from now on, I'm going to level my Pokemon first with the re-battlable trainers on the Isle of Armor first before pumping candies into them.