• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Beat the water gym, off to do the fire one ut before I did I went raiding again.

In doing so and by pure dumb luck I caught a Gigantamax Butterfree! ;o; Named her Mothra because I can.
I don't even intend on using it I just WANT IT after losing out on it the first time I failed to catch GMax Butterfree.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Turfielled gym puzzle is damn annoying

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Headed of to route 5, where I found an Appling in the grass, whom I caught. Afterwards I entered the DayCare. A nice lady gave me a Toxel! So sweet of her. On the bridge, I defeated some Yell numbskulls who were herrassing a guy on the bridge. Defeated them with ease. The guy gave a bike as a thanks. Continued my way to Hillbury where I met with Rose again. He told me to go and defeat the water gym. Which I tried. On my first try I got defeated by that Dreadnaw! Headed out for some training, and in my second try I defeated Nessa.

Had a nice dinner with Rose who had a talk about Dynamax with Sonia. Then I went into mine nr 2 and again some Yell goons were there. This time I had Hop on my side to kick their butts. After a while, I saw Kabu, the gym leader of Motostoke. He told me he was waiting for me. Went out of the mine and caught a Koffing on my way back to Motostoke. Going to do some training before I challenge the gym though.

Drizzile lvl 26
Corvsquire: lvl 25
Sizzlepede: lvl 24
G. Meowth lvl 24
Toxel lvl 23
Applin lvl 22
Koffing lvl 22

Ariki

Currently training to take on the next gym in Stow on Side in the wild area by catching pokemon, going into max raid battles and battling over levelled pokemon. I'm aiming to get to level 40 at least.

Current team:
Orbeetle lv 38
G-Max Pikach lv 36
Rillaboom lv 35
Corviknight lv 41
Greedent lv 36
Thievul lv 36

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Got my 8th badge. It literally takes 5 mins from the 7th gym to the 8th gym lol. I'm being completely honest when I say that it took more time from the hometown to Milo's gym than it does for gyms 5-8 since they just come one after another

I reached Wyndon (there's no Victory Road either, just a corridor of trainers like in SM). I'm spending a bit more time in the Wild Area before I start the league. My final team is:

1. Cinderace lvl 55 (I received this from a trade. I started with Grookey)
2. Copperajah lvl 53
3. Gyarados lvl 53
4. Hatterene lvl 52
5. Toxtricity lvl 52
6. Conkeldurr lvl 53

TwoThirds

What's occurin?
I'm still in the wild area before the 1st gym - raking up EXP candies + TRs :) Trying not to rush through the game, even though I've not really been able to play the last couple of days. I'll maybe grind a little more in the wild area before I head to the gym.

Still not sure what team I'll have, still building it slowly.

Current team:
Eevee - lv 18 (Permanent)
Raboot - lv 18 (Permanent)
Covisquire - lv 18 (Permanent)
Budew - lv 18
Electrike - lv 15
Trapinch - lv 16

Genos

TTYD
Been a long day but I got my 2nd and 3rd gym badge! Near the steps of the 4th one. The Wild Area keeps pulling me away from the story. XD

Rillaboom lvl 38
Gardevoir lvl 39
Vibrava lvl 37
Drednaw lvl 37
Hitmonchan lvl 36
Toxtricity lvl 38

Last edited:

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
So, whilst iv'e been doing a nuzlocke run on pokemon shield, in sword, i am doing a Fairy Tail themed run. It's pretty fun. Been doing a feck ton of raids as well.
Team so far:
Erza (Rookidee) - lv13
Aries (Wooloo) - lv12
Laki (Seedot) - lv13
Warren (Dottler) - lv12
Happy (Togepi) - lv17
Cancer (Krabby) - lv9

Edit: Caught a female Espurr through a raid. Named her Carla.

Last edited:

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
I just caught a shiny Toxicroak in the Wild Area (Stony Wilderness)

Cinderace (75)
Galarian Rapidash (74)
Drednaw (72)
Thievul (74)
Dragapult (71)
Toxtricity (72)

Kingudora

My favourite
Currently pestering a bunch of Zigzagoon on Route 3, trying to find one with brilliant aura. No luck so far. Not sure how to increase the aura rate, but I am trying to see if knocking them out in a row helps.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Currently in the Wild Area grinding like crazy before heading off on Route 6. My pokemon are in need of a workout.

MAIN TEAM

- Reassurance (Drizzile) - Lv. 32
- Temperance (Orbeetle) - Lv. 31
- Devotion (Corvisquire) - Lv. 31
- Fortitude (Duskull) - Lv. 31
- Promise (Gourgeist) - Lv. 31
- Harmony (Froslass) - Lv. 31

SIDELINES
- Humility (Sizzlipede) - Lv. 32
- Reverence (Barraskewda) - Lv. 28
- Verity (Vulpix) - Lv. 24
- Preservation (Phantump) - Lv. 20
- Valiance (Toxel) - Lv. 23
- Faith (Roselia) - Lv. 28

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Heading to Nessa's Gym. Game is pretty fun so far. Connecting with my team is even easier with Camp.

Team:
Raboot (@ Charcoal) Lvl 24: Flame Charge, Swift, Double Kick, Quick Attack
Corvisquire (@ Sharp Beak) Lvl 23: Pluck, Hone Claws, Power Trip, Leer
Wooloo (@ Silk Scarf) Lvl 21: Headbutt, Double Kick, Payback, Copycat
Toxel Lvl 17: Nuzzle, Growl, Flail, Acid
Dreepy (@ Leftovers): Lvl 20: Astonish, Quick Attack, Bite, Infestation

Since I have 2 weak but cute babies on the team, the first 3 are doing most of the work atm. Need to look through my TMs

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I have now beaten the 3rd gym using Gigalith, Barraskewda, and Drednaw. I almost feel bad for Centiskorch when it lost half its HP right away due to Stealth Rock. Ayla is wearing an actual outfit today instead of a Type Uniform. At present I am doing Surprise trades and then maybe I will try my hand at Curry.

Marzbar

About to head to route 6 finally. Was going back through all the old routes and Wild area and completing as much of the Pokédex as I could to save time for shiny charm later. But now I need more gym badges! (Only got 3). No shinies seen yet.

Team:

Appletini - level 36 (Appletun)
Loki - level 35 (Morgrem)
Trevelyan - level 35 (Inteleon)
Pixiepipes - level 36 (G-Weezing)
Shade - level 37 (Obstagoon)
Starship - level 36 (Orbeetle)
Death Petal - level 36 (Roserade)
Pyrosite - level 36 (Centiskorch)

Drummerdude

I started Shield up on Friday and have put in 12 hours so far I think. I picked Scorbunny as my starter and caught a Chewtle to be my second team member but I ended up doing a Chewtle raid and caught a Jolly Strong Jaw at Lv20 so I swapped out my Lv11 with it. I actually evolved it into Drednaw before the first gym. Like many others I added Toxel to my team because it's adorable and got lucky with an Amped-Form nature on my first try. I beat Nessa and caught a Hattena as my fourth team member because my team is very physical so far and I beat the third gym. I went back through the Wild Area to next the city whose name I cannot recall at the moment and took a break. Hattena has been tougher to train than Toxel was for sure. I'm actually surprised I have not found a Quick Claw for it yet.

Raboot Lv32
Drednaw Lv31
Toxtricity Lv31
Hattena Lv28

Last edited:
Wow, I haven't updated since the first day! Sine then, I've beaten the first four gyms. The last thing I did was beat Bea and then complete the confrontation with Bede at the mural. I saved just inside the Glimwood Tangle so that I can explore next time I pick it up. I thought Bea was actually the toughest gym leader to beat thus far! Her Pangoro was surprisingly a pain! I'm also glad I stumbled upon the Hattena trade in Stow-on-Side because I've been wanting one for my team but didn't want to look up where they're naturally located (trying not to look up too much). Overall, I'm loving these games so far. They're genuinely gorgeous, and I've spent hours just roaming the Wild Area and collecting Pokemon. I'm up to 96 registered thus far!

Current team:
Rillaboom (36)
Corvisquire (36)
Thievul (37)
Dubwool (36)
Boltund (37)
Hattrem (36)

And I trade in G-Max Eevee and some others throughout to keep the team fresh :)

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I've played for 14.15 hours.
Opal's gym was hard. The first 3 pokemon of Melony were pieces of Cake. But Lapras was hard & I barely won with my last pokemon's health in Yellow.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Beat the fire gym, had a few problems because I had to think for a second on what to do during the challenge part. the leader game me some trouble when I wasn't using my water/rock type. But I beat him.
Speaking of Water/Rock, Chomper has evolved into a Drednaw.
Evolved my Applin, Milcery, and Toxel in the same day. Alice the now-evolved Alcremie evolved into the Ruby Swirl form (Basically the one with the mixed flavors/white body and pink points). With how much of a wall she is I might keep her for the story team. Axel the now-evolved Toxtricity is Low-Key form, Applin is an Appletun named Crumble.

My Team as of now:

Raboot (Striker): Level 31 (Permanent Member)
Alcremie (Alice, Ruby Swirl Form): Level 31
Corvisquire (Arthur): Level 29 (Permanent Member)
Drednaw (Chomper): Level 29 (Permanent Member)
Toxtricity (Axel): Level 30 (Permanent Member)
Appletun (Crumble): Level 29 (Permanent Member)

In Reserves:
G-Max Meowth: Level 28
Yamper (Bolt): Level 22
Galarian Meowth: 27

Last edited: