• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

KillerDraco

Also, doesn't LGPE have mandatory motion controls? I see that as an advantage too.

I keep on thinking about getting LGE but I can't stand motion controls.

Docked uses motion with Joycons, while Handheld uses Gyro. Handheld mode is probably the most playable since you use Gyro to aim rather than flicking your wrist.

Sw/Sh and LG play very differently though. They have some similarities but Let's Go has more emphasis on mass catching to grind rather than battling.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Docked uses motion with Joycons, while Handheld uses Gyro. Handheld mode is probably the most playable since you use Gyro to aim rather than flicking your wrist.

Sw/Sh and LG play very differently though. They have some similarities but Let's Go has more emphasis on mass catching to grind rather than battling.
Oh. Well my joycons are broke af so I guess it doesn't matter. Lol

Also I only play docked anyways.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I didn't even know handheld made things easier. Now I'm pissed wasting time swinging my arm to catch those Meltans or grind those darn Chanseys.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Bred and trained a cramorant as it's the current pokemon of the week. Amusingly, a shiny one popped up while grinding gastrodon. Might keep that one untouched.

Also spent a lot of time trading in home on the gts. Down to needing 3 forms of vivillon and one form of unown to complete their sets. Realised this morning I've also traded 5 shiny vivillon in amongst those.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Started a Mono-Normal Team on Shield. No idea on members, aside from Heliolisk and Oranguru. Two ‘mons I’ve yet to use in-game.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Started a Mono-Normal Team on Shield. No idea on members, aside from Heliolisk and Oranguru. Two ‘mons I’ve yet to use in-game.
May I suggest four that come to mind? Wigglytuff, Obstagoon, Lopunny and Drampa. With the four secondary types you should get some good coverage. Wigglytuff being part fairy should mitigate the glaring fighting weakness. Love the mono-type play through idea but have never done it.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
I forgot about Wigglytuff. But I’ll probably do that. I have a shiny on GO I can move. I’ll probably do ‘Goon and Drampa. But Lopunny used to be my go to mega in competitive and I’ve used it lots, so idk about that one.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
If you feel unsure about Lopunny then maybe go with Indeedee. This time a secondary psychic type will help out with the fighting like Wigglytuff does.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Gonna try getting Shiny Raikou tonight. Been putting this off for far too long.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Spent the past little while hatching HA Treecko eggs for a shiny; and surprise trading away the breedjects. I got a lot of HA mons that I didn't have. I also got two obviously hacked pokemon. Shiny Kanto Moltress and Dicidueye. I was tempted to keep the Master Balls, but I released them. It wasn't worth my Treeckos!

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Spent the past little while hatching HA Treecko eggs for a shiny; and surprise trading away the breedjects. I got a lot of HA mons that I didn't have. I also got two obviously hacked pokemon. Shiny Kanto Moltress and Dicidueye. I was tempted to keep the Master Balls, but I released them. It wasn't worth my Treeckos!
You can get a shiny Kantonian Moltres from Dynamax Adventures and a shiny Rowlet from breeding in Sword and Shield so they probably aren’t hacked.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
You can get a shiny Kantonian Moltres from Dynamax Adventures and a shiny Rowlet from breeding in Sword and Shield so they probably aren’t hacked.
The Moltres came from Gameboy, not Dynamax Adventures. It was flawless with its hidden ability holding a Master Ball. The Dicidueye, was also flawless with its hidden ability, shiny with Pokerus and holding a Master ball. No one GIVES that type of Pokemon away in a surprise trade. They were 100% definitely hacked.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Went to get a Shiny Raikou. Got a Shiny Dunsparce instead.

I want to take this Dunsparce and shove it up this Raikou's unmentionable. I'm so over this.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Ultimately decided to do a Psychic run on Shield. Chose the male MC; selected Scorbunny. I’m currently alternating between Route 1 and 2 looking for a Blipbug to replace my fire starter as well as serve as my first permanent member.

TyranatarGojira

Went to get a Shiny Raikou. Got a Shiny Dunsparce instead.

I want to take this Dunsparce and shove it up this Raikou's unmentionable. I'm so over this.
There's a reason I only went for Shiny Solgaleo and Lunala. Okay, if I'd thought of it sooner I'd have gone for Necrozma. There was one trick I figured out that helps some. Keep a counter somewhere, like on a notepad app, with the number of pokemon you've caught since your last shiny. Now assuming you've got the Shiny charm your chances are about 1 in 100 for a shiny. So when you get high enough in the chain, say the 90's, stop catching anything but the legendary. That way you won't get anything else for a shiny. Downside is that getting lucky can be unlucky, and you'll have to rely solely on rental pokemon. Still got my Solgaleo after catching 105 other Pokemon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Tried hunting for a shiny Alolan Vulpix last night with no luck. Not giving up though. Going to keep on trying.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Caught my shiny Vulpix on day two this time. Raid set probably numbering in the 30/40's over the period. Now to decide whether I hunt for a second to have both abilities or simply change up the one I caught in pokemon go instead.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Caught my shiny Vulpix on day two this time. Raid set probably numbering in the 30/40's over the period. Now to decide whether I hunt for a second to have both abilities or simply change up the one I caught in pokemon go instead.
Lucky. The one I was resetting, ended up despawning. So now I'm hunting via random raids.

KillerDraco

I actually had decent luck with the Vulpix raids for a change. The second raid den I checked on the IoA on Christmas Eve had a HA Shiny Alolan Vulpix, so I was able to help a couple friends get it while picking it up for myself as well. On a minor note, it was also male, which is cool since Vulpix only has a 25% chance to be male.

So I didn't have to waste much time on this event, and I'm all about the efficiency.