• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

PsychoIncarnate

Heading to 5th gym

My team is:
Drednaw
Sirfetch'd
Corviknight
Dracovish
Arctozolt
Centiskorch

They are almost all physical except Arctozolt. Even though his base attack is his higher stat I needed a special attacker. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt combo with him.

I actually have a Dragapult too, but it's kind of overpowered since it's level 65. I used up all the XP candies I got from Max Raids to level it

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'm on Route 6. Searching for Hawlucha has proven to be incredibly annoying due to its 2% encounter rate...as is Axew, though at least that one is overworld so I can see who's actually present. I headed up to Stow-on-Side so I can have a convenient endpoint to fly to when I find either one (or both, ideally). Both are in the Wild Area though--maybe I'll head there to see if my odds are any better.

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Im currently at the first gym with my Fairy Tail themed team. It's gonna be a joke.
All members + reserves are level 20.
Current members:
Laki (Shiftry), Leaf Blade, Extrasensory, Fake out, Beat Up
Happy (Togepi), Ancient Power, Dazzling Gleam, Charm, Life Dew
Warren (Dottler), Struggle Bug, Reflect, Light Screen, Confusion
Cancer (Krabby), Bubble Beam, Protect, Harden, Metal Claw
Aries (Wooloo), Tackle, Double Kick, Defense Curl, Copycat
Erza (Corvisquire) Pluck, Leer, Power Trip, Hone Claws

Reserves:
Max (Mudbray)
Carla (Espurr)

Sponge

I've finalized my team, earlier than usual thanks to max raid battles. I'm in Ballonlea right now getting ready to take on Opal. I'm training a bit because the last gym leader Allister kinda took me off guard.

Drizzile (Lv 34)
Clobbopus (Lv 34)
Morgrem (Lv 34)
Centiskorch (Lv 34)
Sinistea (Lv 34)
Appletun (Lv 33)

I'm happy with the balance of the team. Drizzile and Sinistea are more special focused while Clobbopus and Centiskorch are more physical. Appletun is kind of mixed but focused more towards special. (Morgrem is also kinda mixed but I know it'll become more physical focused when it evolves)

I'm a bit worried my team isn't well equipped to deal with a fairy gym leader, I'm hoping Centiskorch can put in a lot of work since it resists Fairy.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I made curry for the first time, specifically, Burger-steak curry. Got a Wobbuffet rating on it, whatever that means. I've also evolved some mons and have 60-something entries in my Dex. Currently raising Drednaw, G-Linoone, and a couple others to help me at the Ghost gym.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I completed the main game yesterday. Here was my team. They were all level 67+ due to my overleveling them while training in the wild area beforehand, so the Pokémon league was incredibly easy for me.

Inteleon
Corviknight
Centiskorch
Galarian Rapidash
Grimmsnarl
Sandaconda

I have been working on my Pokedex for most of today. I had some things I was going to post here (what else I have been doing, etc.), but I do not remember them right now.
Some that I do remember is that I still have not been able to even encounter any member of the Dreepy line (excluding the champion battle) due to it only snowing / snowstorming in the Lake of Outrage in my game. That made for some great training, but poor Pokedex-filling. I mean I have caught two wild overworld Duraludon, but I have not even had a chance for Dreepy or its evolutions. Come on.

I plan on waiting for Pokémon home before I do any serious breeding or shiny hunting (I would like one of my 6 IV Dittos for those activities). I am not entirely sure what all I have planned to do next, but I am sure I will come up with some things to do until then.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Boy, when i get to surprise trade i'll have loads to send over. Got very unlucky with RNG trying to get the right natures.

Anyhow, on my way to the last gym leader. So far the game has been a blast.
My team currently consists out of:
Inteleon
G.Rapidash
Hatterene
Frosmoth
Cursola
Toxtricity.
(so basically same as my sig, only i went with amped mode (coze it rocks, pun intended)

I wasn't sure about frosmoth at first, thought it looked neat and fitted right in with the rest on my team visually so i went for it.
Seeing it in game really brought it to life and it has to be one of my favourite pokemon this gen.
It's just so beautiful and elegant. Top tier, no doubt.

And of course, got the sweet ass bike upgrade so back to the wild area to hunt some more **** and explore the hell out of it.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Just took down Opal in what was my hardest gym battle yet. It was loads of fun, too!

MAIN TEAM
- Temperance (Orbeetle) - Lv. 39
- Retribution (Morgrem) - Lv. 39
- Repentance (Runerigus) - Lv. 38
- Fortitude (Dusclops) - Lv. 40
- Promise (Gourgeist) - Lv. 39
- Harmony (Froslass) - Lv. 39

SIDELINES
- Reassurance (Inteleon) - Lv. 36
- Humility (Sizzlipede) - Lv. 37
- Reverence (Barraskewda) - Lv. 35
- Preservation (Phantump) - Lv. 30
- Devotion (Corviknight) - Lv. 38
- Valiance (Toxtricity) - Lv. 37
- Verity (Vulpix) - Lv. 25
- Faith (Roserade) - Lv. 35

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
With a team almost entirely weak to Fire moves and without any single move able to hit Fire-types super effectively, Kabu's fight was just as good as I expected it be. It was on par with my best fights on Alola (Totem Wishiwashi, Kahili and Kukui).

I have a set rule of not using more pokémon than my enemy trainer. Since Kabu had 3 in his team, I could also only use 3 of mine. I was also trying to not use Dynamax on the Gym fights, but it was clear I needed to drop that now or no chance of winning this fight.
Actually I lost my first attempt (the only time I remember losing a battle on a pokémon game before was against Kukui, so that's a good sign), and the second one was really exciting.
My three picks were Beige Phillip (Dubwool with Fluffy, so weak to Fire), Renarto (Thievul) and Doktor Meister (who had just evolved into Orbeetle minutes before).

I was originally going to have Impidimp as the third pick to fight the Dynamaxed enemy, but Orbeetle having just evolved I felt like it would be good for him to debut like that. And he did a job on that Giga Centiskorch, really proud of my boy.

I suppose Impidimp will have to wait and debut as Morgrem...

p.s.: TRs are really a life saver in this game with the new pokémon having so terrible natural movesets.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Striker has evolved into Cinderace, meaning that almost everyone in my team + Reserves that can evolve is fully evolved atm. All that's left is Arthur, who is only two levels away from doing so and making my current team fully evolved. Speaking of Arthur, it's a different Arthur, for I've found an HA Corvisquire in a Raid battle so no way was I passing that up.

In terms of game events; Alister was the first gym leader to give me a hard time, his puzzle was fine (and fun!) but I had to SR 4 times before I could beat him, because my method of what to dynamax was always messed up by the Pokemon later dying to his GODDAMN GMAX GENGAR which was not helped further with the fact I didn't have anything that can deal with it super effectively. It took me going the route of Dynamaxing first before he could power up, and Striker being at near-max level helped a lot with that, since Axel wasn't.
Eventually beat him, then found out about Bede's BS, took him down a peg, and soon found out he was eventually disqualified for destorying the mural (I was avoiding story spoilers so... yeah... this actually shocked me to see!)

Off to Glimwood Tangle now, which is exactly where I'll pick up the next semi-permanent/reserved member of my team as a whole, two of them infact: Galarian Ponyta and Impidimp!

My Team as of now:
Cinderace (Striker): Level 36 (Permanent Member)
Alcremie (Alice, Ruby Swirl Form): Level 34
Corvisquire (Arthur): Level 34 (Permanent Member)
Drednaw (Chomper): Level 34 (Permanent Member)
Toxtricity (Axel): Level 35 (Permanent Member)
Appletun (Crumble): Level 34 (Permanent Member)

In Reserves:
G-Max Meowth: Level 32
Boltund (Bolt): Level 30
Torsten (Galarian Meowth): 31
Madame (Eldegoss): 33

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Finished the main story and post game last night. Charlie my Mr. Rime really did a number on Nessa and Raihan. Freeze Dry was incredibly useful as it is the only Ice move Charlie has.

AcidArmor

I was trying to catch all the pokemon in Glimwood Tangle and came across a shiny Passimian on first encounter. I freaked out and proceeded to have a panic attack due to my lack of great balls and it knowing Take Down. Did end up catching it though.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The champion's cup especially Leon was hard. Eternatus was disappointing though.
I slaughtered Leon with Eternatus a majority of the battle with some help from Corviknight and Cinderace. I used Charlie the Mr Rime as a decoy on Charizard while I used my Max Revive on Eternatus so it couldtake out Gigantamax Charizard with Dynamax Cannon.

dss_live

Small rant on max raids;

The npc's are so damn bad, if i see one more wobbuffet i'm gonna die.
Had the most annoying max raid right now, 5 star obstagoon, he started with a massive shield and litterally did nothing but spam obstruct back to back.
Most infuriating experience so far.

The games been fun otherwise^^ training before entering the league.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Small rant on max raids;

The npc's are so damn bad, if i see one more wobbuffet i'm gonna die.
Had the most annoying max raid right now, 5 star obstagoon, he started with a massive shield and litterally did nothing but spam obstruct back to back.
Most infuriating experience so far.

The games been fun otherwise^^ training before entering the league.
Wobbuffet? I haven’t seen any of those during Max Raids at all. I’ve seen Krabby and Rookidee a lot though.

dss_live

Wobbuffet? I haven’t seen any of those during Max Raids at all. I’ve seen Krabby and Rookidee a lot though.

Yup, i get tons of wobbufffet on my team that do nothing, not to mention the wishiwashi, togepi and other mostly pointless pokemon :'(

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I KO the Raid Pokemon because I immediately use the Dynamax gimmick. Haven’t lost a Raid yet

dss_live

Only one ive had real isue with so far was obstagoon, can't beat the obstruct spam. Can't klill what you can't hit.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Oh man. So in this one online match, I pulled a Dynamax Rillaboom at its lowest health, and defeated a Dragapult at low health and then he sents out his Fire Rotom okay? So it seems like such a waste to pull out a Dynamax on a low-health Rillaboom but see, I was planning that because I noticed how cautious this player was. I notice he wouldn't go straight for the Overheat against my Boltund right away because I think he noticed my Coalossal and knows its ability, Steam Engine, which maximizes its speed to the fullest if hit by a fire or water-type move. I outwitted my opponent, make him think I was going all out with this Rillaboom since he's Dynamaxed for a second turn but instead I switched it out, wasting my Dynamax, for Coalossal and the bet paid off lol. I got the speed boost and I freaking destroyed his team. Oh my god, I love how you can bait people with Dynamax. Of course this is the early game, I wonder how cautious people will get later on.