• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Finally caught the shiny milcery I wanted. This low appearance rate is a killer. If it weren't for the ability to keep the events from ending automatically, I wouldn't have half as many shinies as I do.

Also finished up breeding this weeks pokemon of the week. Obstagoon was a nice easy one. And no random encounter shinies during its training. Perhaps next time.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally caught the shiny milcery I wanted. This low appearance rate is a killer. If it weren't for the ability to keep the events from ending automatically, I wouldn't have half as many shinies as I do.

Also finished up breeding this weeks pokemon of the week. Obstagoon was a nice easy one. And no random encounter shinies during its training. Perhaps next time.
Congrats! What's the appearance rate? I tried with no luck to get another one myself.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I just bred and made my 197th (casual) competitive battling Pokémon, a sassy Swampert as a curse sweeper. Will be testing it to see if it actually works. I’ll have to think of something really cool to be my 200th. I’m beginning to think I have way too many to keep track of at this point.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Caught a Shiny Latias in Pokemon Go yesterday. I plan to transfer it to Sword. But before I do, I won't be able to put it on Sword until I catch Latias in game, so I'm gonna do that first.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

If you don’t “Get the Latest Wild Area News”, you can retain an event indefinitely. That’s how I kept last year’s Milcery event active for a month afterwards.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Working on a shiny Beldum hunt via murder encounters and a shiny Riolu and a shiny Spiritomb hunt via Masuda method.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Congrats! What's the appearance rate? I tried with no luck to get another one myself.
I had 4/8 dens giving event raids and I've read the chance of a 5 star raid is 30% so combining that with the 2% rate of the milcery itself, the actual appearance rate is something around the 0.3% point.
If you don’t “Get the Latest Wild Area News”, you can retain an event indefinitely. That’s how I kept last year’s Milcery event active for a month afterwards.
Thats how I've always done it. I think there's been maybe two occasions I've caught the shiny within the actual event period itself.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Murder Encounters.

First time I've heard to called that. Rofl
I've heard it called that before lol. Just got a good laugh out of the name for what it's worth.

I had 4/8 dens giving event raids and I've read the chance of a 5 star raid is 30% so combining that with the 2% rate of the milcery itself, the actual appearance rate is something around the 0.3% point.

Thats how I've always done it. I think there's been maybe two occasions I've caught the shiny within the actual event period itself.
Wow. Then I must have bad luck. Did a good number of those raids with no luck there.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah I've done a few hours every night just raiding since the event went live and it only just appeared last night. Interestingly same den as the tauros though that's coincidence i think.
Nice. I've done some raids here and there, between some shiny hunting. Just random people's raids mainly.

TyranatarGojira

Well I guess today is my lucky day. I caught a shiny Nidoking in Max Adventures yesterday. And today, first adventure after that, I caught a Shiny Vileplume. Not my first choice for a shiny Pokemon, but I'll take it. This surprises me, because normally I have terrible luck at finding shiny pokemon.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There's gonna be a new wild area event next week or two, and it will be G-Max Pikachu. Why am I tell you this? To pass off some friendly advice for the players who scratch their heads every time they throw their games.

Don't use Earthquake.

Okay? Okay. ;)

For real though, I think I'm just gonna use Sandaconda. I don't have my A-Marowak anymore.

Edit: If we can beat it, we get 100 Armorite Ore and 100 Dynite Ore.

Holy ****. Those are really tasty rewards.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Did a few hours of Dynamax Dens yesterday because "Why Not?" mostly. First one ended up being a Caterpie, but it did get me a Rare Candy to evolve the Psyduck. Ended up just defeating most of them, but i did end up catching a Stunky. Thought it was Shiny because of the Red dynamax glow, but it ended up a normal purple. Also caught a Bunnelby on the way through to Motostoke for the Skwovet Trade. Blah Blah, Clothes shopping, Haircuts and Trainer Card making. Then it was time for the Gym Challenge, registered as #666. One EXP Candy and a Waterfall TM and Scales was ready for her first battle. She did pretty well against Team Yell all things considered. The Hop battle was almost the same as Route 2. Wooloo vs Wooloo, and Starter vs Starter. Only difference was obviously Scales vs Rookidee instead of using the Pick-up Zigzagoon.

Team
Tarzan / Grookey lvl 14
Snowball / Wooloo lvl 12
Scales / Dratini lvl 12

Fred Garvin

Drone Pilot
Don't use Earthquake.
DA - Please think of the other teammates. Earthquake, kicking up a sandstorm, making it hail....seriously, think of others.

Went into a pretty tough raid....5 stars, 7 segs....one guy...seriously, brought a level 51 Cramorant and took the Max turn with no SE moves. WTF dude? The shield breaking did more damage than his max moves. I was so miffed, and I know I shouldn't have been, it's only a game, that on the last turn (I knew me and another were gonna kill it) I turned my Lucario on the Cram and OHK'd it. Real **** Move I know, but I giggled for 20 minutes afterward.

Please don't hate...I know I shouldn't have done it and I don't usually behave that way...I just couldn't resist. That little Devil on my shoulder was simply too insistent to ignore.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I wonder if one can get those rewards even if they don't play.

Quite not in the mood for SwSh to be honest but the items are tempting.

Det. Viper

I wonder if one can get those rewards even if they don't play.

Quite not in the mood for SwSh to be honest but the items are tempting.
I know someone who didn’t play the Cramorant event but still got the rewards for that. Don’t condone that but it was done. So I would say that you could get the rewards even if you don’t play the event.

TyranatarGojira

There's gonna be a new wild area event next week or two, and it will be G-Max Pikachu. Why am I tell you this? To pass off some friendly advice for the players who scratch their heads every time they throw their games.

Don't use Earthquake.

Okay? Okay. ;)

For real though, I think I'm just gonna use Sandaconda. I don't have my A-Marowak anymore.

Edit: If we can beat it, we get 100 Armorite Ore and 100 Dynite Ore.

Holy ****. Those are really tasty rewards.
There's a reason High Horsepower suddenly became a lot more widespread. It was so you could have a readily avaliable, decent ground type move in Raids. Granted I plan to show off my shiny Zygarde.

In other news, I think I've got all the clothing items. Got to check if I caught all the legendaries in Crown Tundra, and fight the Greedent.

Det. Viper

Don't use Earthquake.

When I need to bring in something that knows a ground move I either bring in Nidoking that knows Earth Power, my K-Moltres that knows Scorching Sands or my Snorlax or Rillaboom that know High Horsepower.

Lost way too many raids because someone decided they needed to KO the two AIs while nearly taking me out because Earthquake.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
When I need to bring in something that knows a ground move I either bring in Nidoking that knows Earth Power, my K-Moltres that knows Scorching Sands or my Snorlax or Rillaboom that know High Horsepower.

Lost way too many raids because someone decided they needed to KO the two AIs while nearly taking me out because Earthquake.
Word. Earth Power comes in handy so much and it's just as good as Earthquake, minus the chance of hurting any teammates.

I hope you have better luck in future battles against that Pikachu.