• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Logged into both my Sword and Shield games and collected my two shiny Moltres. Went through and put a bunch of Pokémon back into Homr since I will likely not be doing anymore breeding on that game (currently doing it in Diamond). There’s a few Pokémon that I want to level to 100 and teach up some battle moves such as Honedge and a shiny Sneasel. Once I’m done with that I will likely begin the migration out of the game in preparation for the new games later this year.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
My shiny luck is virtually nonexistent. Looking back on the thread, the last and only time I got a shiny in Dynamax Adventures (which is supposed to be 1 in 4 chance if I have the Shiny Charm, which I do, and catch at the end of all four battles) was just after Christmas last year. May the odds change to be in my favor...Is there a counter that tells how many Dynamax Adventures you've done?

Det. Viper

My shiny luck is virtually nonexistent. Looking back on the thread, the last and only time I got a shiny in Dynamax Adventures (which is supposed to be 1 in 4 chance if I have the Shiny Charm, which I do, and catch at the end of all four battles) was just after Christmas last year. May the odds change to be in my favor...Is there a counter that tells how many Dynamax Adventures you've done?
Shiny rate in D-Advent is 1/100 with shiny charm which might explain your lack in success with it. I wish you better luck if you choose to continue it.

Vindicated30.6

Shiny rate in D-Advent is 1/100 with shiny charm which might explain your lack in success with it. I wish you better luck if you choose to continue it.
I misspoke. It's 1/100 if you only catch one. It's 4/100 or 1/25 if you catch all four. I do appreciate the well wishes!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm now considering sending my rank team to Pokémon Home and starting Shield over fresh. This would make my second playthrough on my main Switch account and third overall.

I've been considering retiring my Salem character after playing as him for so many years, so I'm excited to see who I come up with. I've never played as a woman of color before, so I might start there.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So I've officially started a new game on my main account.

This playthrough will follow the journey Onwa, the young Nigerian-British girl who favors Psychic-type Pokémon. This story takes places decades in past, long before Salem ventured to Galar.

zolios

Finished training my Nihilego for competitive battles on my main account, might build a team around it with my other BR Pokemon to use them in the upcoming online competition.

On my second account my second Sword playthrough is going strong, got the sixth Gym Badge and obtained the final member of my team, a Galar Mr. Mime, so I officially reired my Alcremie to make room for Mr. Mime. My final team for this playthtough is: Puskás the Cinderace, Yggdrasil the GMax Venusaur, Fishbones the Barraskewda, Bedrock the Crustle, Stormbreaker the Dracozolt and Mr. Freeze the Galarian Mr. Mime

Vindicated30.6

I had my file corrupted on my replay of Pokemon Y, so I may just go back to shiny hunting in the Crown Tundra.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Ok, so we got this Champion League event, which is quite nice itself:)

Few comments from my side:
- Blue got some Pokemon he used really rarery which is nice. Those include Yellow exclusives: Sandslash, Magneton, Cloyster, Ninetales, Gen 1 Eeveelutions, FRLG rematch Heracross. Strangly the following ones are missing (maybe due to them appearing only in non-Champion battles (Pokemon like Machamp, Raticate)
- No Pokemon from Trace:-(
- Cynthia got her DPPt Pokemon with the following ones missing from other battles (Glaceon, Braviary) and BDSP 2nd Rematch Porygon-Z:-(
- Alder got his BW Team, no sign of Braviary, Krookodile, Conkeldurr, Reuniclus or Shandelure:-(
- Strangly enough, Steven got hit rematch Carbink. No sign of Excadrill, though.
- Lance got his HGSS rematch Altaria and Salamance (unless Salamance is Iris's).

In general it would be nicer if some other Pokemon used by Champions were added as well as some Pokemon used by Champion-like trainers including Trace (who is a Champion in Let's Go), N, Kukui, Hapu and Galar former Champions - Mustart and Peony.

Vindicated30.6

I'm currently shiny hunting Snom in the current Raid event and trying to Masuda a Shiny Torchic at the same time and having zero luck with either. I find more shinies in booster packs...

Barrysun

Just downloaded Lucario and decided to take the full Ash team for a spin.
and as for Ash's Pikachu, I've added one of the Ash's Pikachu from storage and added it to the team in order to make it a full Ash team
after a few battles, I feel most of the moves don't fit my style well. so I've changed some of them to make them fit my style.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So it seems Gardevoir was added to the Champions Teams.

Still sad Trace Champion Team was not added, same with Cynthia's Porygon-Z

Vindicated30.6

Back in the Dynamax Adventures thing and got a shiny Drednaw! Based on its colors I named it Michelangelo. I then immediately took it to have some Max Soup so I can GMax it.

Det. Viper

I opened the game up and since I hadn’t connected to the internet yet I decided to take on a Glastrier raid by myself. Luck really becomes part of surviving these horses. I tried using Entei (Choice Banded Sacred Fire) which failed then went to try Machamp (Choice Banded No Guard Dynamic Punch) which sucked as equally. On my third try I took in Galarian Zapdos whose Thunderous Kick provides a defense drop which proved to be quite useful; couple that with Heatmor and Torkoal as partners and through the nail biting process where it Glastrier got to +6 on its attack boost I was able to take it down despite losing three partners throughout the battle. The game was nice enough to give me both a bottle cap and a gold bottle cap for my troubles.

Pokemon Power

So I went to my local Target for the Marshadow distribution. They didn’t have ANY codes because apparently, the staff there weren’t told about the event.

Vindicated30.6

I have a couple friends and family members looking for them. Hopefully they can get some codes.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
So I went to my local Target for the Marshadow distribution. They didn’t have ANY codes because apparently, the staff there weren’t told about the event.
Ran into the same issue. I was given a lot of runaround. Someone sent me to the front, the front told me the street date was November 12th, and I had to show them the ad and the Pokémon.com press release for the event before they blamed “the vendor.”

It was ridiculous.

Pokemon Power

Ran into the same issue. I was given a lot of runaround. Someone sent me to the front, the front told me the street date was November 12th, and I had to show them the ad and the Pokémon.com press release for the event before they blamed “the vendor.”

It was ridiculous.
I have a feeling that Target is gonna get a lot of complaints from Pokemon gamers for this.

Vindicated30.6

Yeah that's a lot of why Target usually doesn't do these events. It's usually Gamestop, sometimes Best Buy.

aerial_ace

Since scarlet and violet are almost here i decided to have one last hurrah with swsh. I have not played for ages since I was busy with other games this year. I gathered my "all star" team (rilliaboom, shiny corviknight, dragapult, coallosal, toxtricity and hatterene). Played few max raid battles surprisingly the slots were filling up very quickly. Each member of my team took part in one max raid battle. I then played few link battles something i must say i haven't done a lot this gen(mainly played battle stadium). Surprisingly played against few people who actually had great teams with a lot of strategy and it was a blast! Sword and Shield are one of my all time favorite pokemon games and i played them all. It got me through covid lockdowns, providing me with some of my favourite pokemon memories. The whole gen 8 pokemon roster was amazing so many outstanding designs there's only maybe one or two pokmon I don't like. After nearly 600 hours making it by far the most played game I ever had it is time to say goodbye to Galar for now. Thank you swsh hopefuly sv is just as good