• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
This thread is for posting anything regarding your game's progress.

Think of it as a journal -- from defeating Gym Leaders, finishing the League, completing the Galar Dex, Shiny hunting, camping, making curry, completing your wardrobe, etc.

RULES
  • Do not spam. Avoid posting consecutively. This isn't your personal status feed.
  • Do not ask questions here. We have a dedicated thread for that HERE.
  • Each post must contain 3 sentences or more. Don’t just post “Did 10 Raids.” or "Caught a shiny Pincurchin. haha."
  • Follow the rules. Ignorance may result to your post being deleted or infractions.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I started Sword and am playing as a girl named Twiggy. My main nickname theme is models/actors/actresses names and so far have Tyson the Scorbunny, a Rookidee, Gigantamax Meowth, Blipbug, Galarian Zigzagoon, And Skwovet.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Just made it to the Wild Area. Doing some grinding before I head to Motostoke.

1. Reassurance (Sobble) - Lv. 11
2. Temperance (Dottler) - Lv. 10

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I just got my first hour into the game. I chose Grookey as my starter and I think(?) I caught all the available Pokemon on Route 1? Choosing Grookey seemed to make the start of the game harder due to its weaknesses to some of the early route Pokemon being bugs and birds. Wooloo's Fluffy doesn't help either, nor does Skwovet and its Oran berries + cheek pouch.

Although Ayla may be adorable, battling continues to prove to be not her best thing...

Last edited:

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Here is my team from my pokemon shield nuzlocke so far. Currently at route 2.
D.K the Grookey- lv9.
Erza the Rookidee - lv8
Nami the yamper - lv7.
Fought a lv7 rookidee that had yellow aura and had sand attack. I presume its a egg move?

Update: Just beaten Hop for the second time.
Team:
D.K- lv11
Erza- lv10
Nami - lv10

Last edited:

Butta

A few notes:
Games look absolutely amazing!!!
Started playing in docked mode, but handheld feels sooo much more natural
Wassup with the day night cycle??

but let the games begin. Picked up sword a little after midnight est and played for about an hour and half because I had to work today.
Reset 3x for grookey with right gender and nature. Settled for naive, I’ll breed an adamant one later in the game
Beat hop. Did anyone else get a critical hit on the first attack? Was funny to see Hop cry out what kind of beginners luck was that?!!
Did some grinding and early team building on route 1 before heading to bed. Can’t wait to pick back up again after work

DSDark

Breeder
Started this morning.
Right now hanging out on route 2, I got lucky with my Scorbunny's nature as it's a natural one. I also caught a modest Blipbug so that's great.
Currently party
Scorbunny -Bugs
Blipbug-Metabee
Yamper-Lacey
I had a corgi named Lacey and she passed a few years ago.

ebevan91

Been fishing for Arrokuda for 2 hours now...

dslatin

If its your birthday, the pokemon center will do a short celebration and display a birthday cake behind the counter!

Started my adventure a little bit ago.
Chose Sobble but I wanted a female one so I decided to reset, but it only took 1 reset to actually get one which was pretty funny.
Caught everything that was catchable on routes 1 and 2.
Current team consists of Sobble, Skwovet, Wooloo, Rookidee, Nickit and Yamper. I'm not planning to keep using the majority of them though, so far I'm only gonna keep Sobble and maybe Nickit. I don't want my first team to be generic "regional bird, regional rodent"-like

Just took the train for the first time and arrived in the Wild Area

Marzbar

I have enjoyed the game so far, despite all the negative things I’ve said about it this year. I’ve played 6 hours and only on route 3 and yet to reach the first gym leader hahaha. I’ve spent most of my time exploring the Wild Area, catching random stuff, doing Dynamax battles, designing my outfit and perfecting my trainer card!

My current team:

Trevelyan (Drizzile) level 22 (007 Goldeneye tribute)
Starship (Dottler) level 23 (alien bug Starship Troopers tribute)
Shade (G-Linoone) level 20 (black and white are shades)
Death Petal (Roselia) level 23

I realize I’m over-leveled. It’s hard not to be. Even the bloody curry gives you Exp. The game is fun and looks pretty. I like all the TMs and TRs. Glowing powerful Pokémon are cool. Still not happy about Dexit, move cuts, subpar graphics in the Wild Area, the easiness of the game so far, and the lack of buffs for older pokemon. Also, shiny Pokémon should be shiny in the overworld. But the game is still an enjoyable experience so far.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I have arrived at Galar! Wonderfull place to stay. Met my neighbour Hop who introduced me to his brother, Leon. He seems to be the champion of this region. I'll take him on, no doubt! He introduced me to the starters of this region. Sobble is my man! Caught a Rookidee in route one. Met with Sonia and the professor. After a second battle with Hop, we both found a wishing star! The Professor gave us a Dynamax Band, where I've put my Wishing Star in. Leon gave us a letter so we can take on the Gym Challenge!
Took the train, and travelled through the Wild Area on to Motostoke City! Registerd myself for the Challenge. The man at the counter made me pick my number. Took the nr 4. My favourite number. He told me to rest in the Hotel Arriving there, some shady fella's were standing there and challenged me to a battle. Those Yell people sure have a big mouth. Met another Gym Challenger in Marnie.
Went into the stadium. Geez, that's something! All the gym leaders were there too.
Now I'm off to the first Gym!

Team:
Sobble: lvl 13
Rookidee: lvl 13.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Started my game naming the PC after me as usual. Got a hold of Scorbunny (Brave Nature which isn't too bad, even if it hurts the speed), am now trying to get my team up to level. On Route 2 and grinding as I type this.
Current party:
Scorbunny (Striker): Level 9 (Permanent Member)
Wooloo (Bam Bam): Level 7
Rookidee (Arthur): Level 8 (Permanent Member)
Chewtle (Chomper): Level 7 (Permanent Member)
Yamper (Bolt): Level 7

4 out of 5 are the 'mons I set up as my team in the teambuilding thread, meaning I'm pretty much almost done in regards to my early-game team. I just need my grass Pokemon the finish up the synergy triangle I almost always go with and I'm good until later.

Last edited:

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Haven't put the game down since i got it, am currently on route 5. Still going with my planned team, though i used a number of pokemon early on since most of my team members are rather late.
Currently i have Toxel, Drizzile and Eldegloss. With only the first 2 being permanent members of my team.
I ended up spending some time resetting for the nature i wanted (especially important for toxel) , first time ive done that :)

Am absolutely loving this game, it's so damn pretty :D The animations for the pokemon bring them to life so well. Toxel especially is the most adorable thing ever.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Continued my adventure via route 3. Took me a while to find the Sillizepede I wanted. After quite some time I finally caught one! Continued my way through the mines, where I encountered another trainer who is completing the Gym Challenge. Easily defeated him an Sobble and Rookidee evolved. On route 4 I've caught a Meowth made of pure steel!
Then I met Sonia on the hillside who told me another story about The Darkest Day.
Then I went to the gym, had to do some kind of trial first. Was not that hard. Then I fought Milo for the badge. Corvsquire and Silizzipede took care of him easily. Now Sonia wants to talk to me again on route 5...
Team
Drilizzle lvl 20
Corvsquire lvl 20
Silizzipede lvl 19
Meowth lvl 18

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Currently just about to leave Motostoke after having participated in the gym challenge ceremony. I have two of my current planned team members, Grookey and Rookidee. They are levels 15 and 13, respectively. I've caught 12 other pokemon on top of that and even level-grinded some of them. Got Ayla's hairstyle changed to Long and Straight and gave her doll-eye extensions. ♥️ Finally, I created a new League Card!

DannyDark

Just did the opening ceremony in Motostoke! Off to hopefully do a gym soon!

Team at this point is..

Arrokuda level 15.
Tyrogue level 15.
Dottler level 16.
Stufful level 16.
Thwackey level 18.
G-Yamask level 20.

There may be balance issues.

Oh, how fun Sword is so far. I wish there were a tad few less scenes of Hop/Sonia/etc. guiding us places, especially places that are super close, but overall loving this game so much! I've been taking it slowly so far and catching one of each species that I come across, even old species. I would love to fill the Dex without transferring this time. Right now, I've finished up in Motostoke City and am on Route 3 heading to the first gym!

My current team:
Rookidee lvl 16
Nickit lvl 15
Wooloo lv 15
Yamper lvl 16
Skwovet 14
Thwackey lvl 17

Thwackey, Rookidee, Nickit, and Wooloo will most likely be on my final team, but for now I'm carrying Yamper and Skwovet until I find others that I want, such as Frosmoth. (Also carrying them so I can evolve them and register their evolutions in the meantime.)

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I have been playing Shield since around 10 this morning, and I have learned a few things in my journey.

Sizzlipede looks like Charjabug when it first appears in an encounter.
It is sometimes worth it to try for a Pokemon with a low-percentage appearance rate. Same goes for decent natures (but I already knew this).
That trainer with the Salandit in the Motostoke gym is a jerk.
Galarian Stunfisk is more useful that I thought it would be.
Motostoke looks impressive, but is not actually impressive.
Probably some more that I am forgetting.

Anyways, I have been rotating the Pokémon I have been using, but I have been trying to get my planned team. So far, I have Drizzile, Corvisquire, Centiskorch, and Impidimp. I am currently done with the Motostoke gym and am now doing some training in the wild area. I plan on continuing to the next city soon.