• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Been steadily filling the dex. I'm mostly doing raids now for the EXP candies. And added a ton of people on my friend list from a youtube vid's comments so I can usually do some raids with other people now.

Gigantamax pokemon are terrible to catch though. I've fought lots of them, some of the rare ones as well including Grimmsnarl, Orbeetle Hatterene, etc. Yet the only ones I was ever able to catch were 2 Sandaconda and 2 Centiskorch. None of the Butterfree nor Drednaw either, which have an increased encounter chance now.

Once I'll fill the dex I'm gonna go start shiny hunting in this game. I'd like to try the new chaining method and MM for the starters. Maybe even try some SR'ing for the fossils (even though they're my least favorite batch of them, I would've preferred some, whole ones. Or at least the option to make the right combinations).

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Took on the Tuffield Stadium with my Corvisquire and Sizzlipede delivering a relatively quick beating to Milo. Later made a beeline for the Daycare on Route 5 to obtain the Toxel that is to be a permanent part of my team. Only had to do a brief reset to ensure the nature that will get an Amped Toxitricity (and the ability that will turn into Punk Rock). Poor thing is likely to get a tummy ache soon once I feed the Exp Candies I got from the Max Raid Battles.

Current Team
Drizzile (Espio)
Corvisquire (Deimos)
Sizzlipede (Laegjarm)
Drilbur (Rufus)
Eldegoss (Gaia)
Toxel

PsychoIncarnate

Figured out that Darumaka IS in Sword version. LOL, I kept hoping to surprise trade it like I did with the other exclusives. So I just went out and caught one. I'm trying to breed a shiny

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So Gigantmax Pokémon are a pain to catch undoubtedly, but despite that, I'm pretty happy with my gigantamax collection so far. Have gigantamax Corviknight, Centiskorch, Kingler and Garbador so far.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Beat a GMAX Skorch with CPU allies but failed the catch (not my raid so I couldn't reset) but it's OK because I got GMAX Gengar (also not my raid but I got lucky) about 15 minutes later, defeating it the turn Perish Song would have activated.

EDIT: Decided to go to a Pokémon center to heal since I was running low on healing items, only to find out someone had Pokerus, so I stuck my entire current party in the PC because I hadn't paid enough attention to see who actually had it.

EDIT: Oh. Never mind. It was the cured version on a Ponyta I got in a trade.
EDIT: Wait, no, apparently the X through the smiley face means it's still live, so woohoo! And it's in the PC, so I can infect with it as I please.

Last edited:

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I’m facing Leon for the second time since I got beat the first. Got the game on the 18th which was my birthday.
My team just beat his!
Eternatus
James Pond (Inteleon)
Corbie (Corviknight)
Holly (Boltund)
Labyrinth (Centiskorch)
Mallareang (Sirfetch’d)

I've finally defeated Leon and the main game! My battle with Leon was difficult as my team isn't the well-rounded because I just wanted to use Pokemon I liked rather than ones that would form the most cohesive team. Anyway, I managed to defeat his Charizard with my Hatterene, and cue the credits!

My final main game team:

Corviknight lvl 61
Hatterene lvl 62
Rillaboom lvl 60
Boltund lvl 62
Polteageist lvl 55
Frosmoth lvl 61

Now time to explore the region and enjoy the post-game :)

Jason White

AspiringPsych
Completed the game today and the dex. Got 70 hours of game time which I'm satisfied with. Leon was a tougher champion than I expected. Overall enjoyed the game. I purchased the dual pack so still have Sword to play. Though I'm going to take a break, play the new Star wars and perhaps return when HOME is released.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Finally went through with beating Leon today just so I could get the Judge function. Even with an accidentally overleveled Cinderace (83 because I kept giving it Raid candies without thinking) he gave me trouble because the rest of my team was still below 62.

Is the GMAX gift Pikachu set to have 6 IVs or am I just lucky? The gift Meowth only had 3 set IVs.

Oh right, final team:

Coalossal (59)
Falinks (62)
Runerigus (60-something)
Cinderace (83)
Corviknight (57)
Hatterene (54)

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Got the bicycle after chasing off the two Team Yell Grunts harassing the man on the bridge on Route 5. Took advantage of my new found speed to grab Watts from the Wild Area and complete any active raids, only new capture was a Phantump but the TRs and Exp Candies are reward enough. Also did the Rotom Rally to earn the Thunder Wave TM, it will help greatly with captures if Eldegoss isn't with me at the time.

Current Team
Drizzile (Espio)
Corvisquire (Deimos)
Sizzlipede (Laegjarm)
Drilbur (Rufus)
Eldegoss (Gaia)
Toxel (Wendy O City)

TwoThirds

What's occurin?
Beat the 6th gym leader and I'm just back from the wild area where I was hunting for EXP candies + TRs again. Still struggling to join max raids with online players, only works sometimes... bizarre. So... I didn't realise that the gigantamax eevee you get given can't evolve... :) Silly me... so, I've patched him into the computer and picked up a Sneasel instead. Got the razor claw, changed time to night, used a couple of rare candies on him and bobs your uncle he's now a Weavile! Gave him a few more EXP candies and we are good to continue through route 9.

Have to say I'm enjoying this game so much more than Sun/Moon... plus I'm liking that trainers actually have more than one Pokemon, unlike Sun/Moon where 99% of trainers had just one. Was too easy.

Current team:
Cinderace Lv 46
Corviknight Lv 46
Toxtricity Lv 47
Weavile Lv 47
Drednaw Lv 47
Flapple Lv 48

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Made more progress in both Sword and Shield.

My biggest accomplishments have occurred in Sword, with my MC Touken snagging a shiny Klink and a hard-found Sizzlipede in Route 3. While I was hoping to find a male Sizzlipede, I was so tired after hours of searching that I sprung for the first one I encountered... which wound up being female. I wasn't counting on having a Chewtle in my Sword team, but seeing as a number of the Pokemon I was planning to slot in are a ways off, my little girl Gamera's going to stick with me through Kabu's gym. (Also, is it just me, or do Chewtle have Sophocles's eyes?) I ran into a Galarian Farfetch'd on Route 5 and man, that boy put up a real fight! I burned through half of my 30 Pokeballs and he took out half of my team before he submitted. I named him Gawain. He was holding a Leek, so I was able to evolve him the very next trainer battle.

I'm having a tad more difficulty in Sword than Shield interestingly enough, though that'll probably change once my final teams are ready. I just arrived at Nessa's gym in both versions. Wish me luck!

Sword
Thwackey
Wooloo
Chewtle
Sizzlipede
Toxel
Sirfetch'd

Shield
Raboot
Corvisquire
Thievul
Arrokuda
Gossifleur
-

PokeAmi

As more people have mentioned...
Yes, G-max 'mons are a real pain to catch! After repeatedly trying to defeat a 5-star G-max Centiscorch for 3 hours with these horrible AI's NPCs. Finally caught it!

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So the weirdest thing happened in online multiplayer. I think I broke the opponent's brain by sending out Coalossal first. See, I was beginning to suspect a few of the opponents I fought previously were people who battled me before, for example this one guy was playing it way too safe by having Gyarados use Earthquake on Coalossal as opposed to a water-type move because my Coalossal has a Passho berry and can counter-one shot a Intimidate Gyarados. It was like a couple of those opponents knew how my Coalossal was a check to fire-moves, three of my Pokemon having fire-type weakness.

So then I run into this opponent who I believe was a person I fought before because I swear I recognized his team full of OP Pokemon and he just kept switching in and out of Pokemon, taking a lot of damage from Stealth Rocks and Coalossal's attacks trying to figure what am I up to, do I have some secret plan by sending out Coalossal first instead of using Coalossal as a switch-out considering my Coalossal is a pretty dangerous counter to his OP team. Truth is, I wasn't up to anything. Just wanted stealth rocks, bruise a few Pokemon. Instead of bruising, I ended up sweeping his entire team which was a Galarian Darmanitan, Arcanine and Gyarados without losing a single Pokemon. I'm pretty sure I broke his brain to the point of paranoia because no competitive player in their right mind would do that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I was just randomly going through the slumbering weald and I found and caught a Shiny Weezing completely out of no where <3!!!!

Recan1990

Very strange. I have battled 999 zigzagoon in my dex. I have seen around 7000 zigzagoon by now and i still have no shiny.

After the 500 battles in your dex you can run away from that pokemon and still have the boosted odds right?

Am i doing something wrong? Or am i just very unlucky?

Last edited:
Very strange. I have battled 999 zigzagoon in my dex. I have seen around 7000 zigzagoon by now and i still have no shiny.

After the 500 battles in your dex you can run away from that pokemon and still have the boosted odds right?

Am i doing something wrong? Or am i just very unlucky?
Just being unlucky? Keep at it and you'll eventually find one, it all comes down to luck.

Similar to how I once SR'd for a shiny Terrakion in 1 hour and Reshiram took me a month.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Headed to Motostoke after traversing Wild Area, catching many Pokémon, camping and completing raids including Larvitar and Jangmo-o via Dual Pack codes. About to visit the Gym Challenge opening at the Motostoke Stadium.
  • Drizzile (Xenia) ♀ - Lv. 16.
  • Rookiedee (Satriya) ♀ - Lv. 14.
  • Yamper (Barnaby) ♂ - Lv. 14.
  • Nickit (Sierra) ♀ - Lv. 12.
  • Skwovet (Pansy) ♀ - Lv. 12.
Temoporary additions:
  • Larvitar ♂ - Lv. 16.
  • G-Max Eevee (Elle) ♀ - Lv. 12.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Is there a competitive tier list for Sword and Shield Pokemon?

Not yet, the metagame is still too new for us to have a definitive or meaningful tier list. Smogon bases its tiers on usage statistics, and right now the usage statistics are all over the place.

You might be interested in the Uncharted Territory section of Smogon, which has a list of resources and threads on the formative metagame.