• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I've gotten into competitive after weeks of playing the main story. Started yesterday night at Level 1, now at Master Rank (28W/9L). They did a good job with Dynamax and I enjoy it a lot compared to Z-Moves.

By far the only Pokémon game I've been playing non-stop since its release.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Spent a good couple hours the other day just Fishing up Magikarp on Route 2. Not Shiny Hunting, just something to do while hanging Christmas decorations. Eventually caught one, just because i think it'd be funny to send on "Jobs" later. Wanted to spread Yamper Around and caught Three for Surprise Trade. The Highlight of which was getting a Ponyta in Sword. Also searched for a Galar Zigzagoon along the way, but couldn't find one after a Half Hour. When i got to the Wild area a good 90% of it was in a Snowstorm. Normally I wouldn't mind, but i was going to catch a Bounsweet for my Team. Eventually settled on Snover instead. Can help with Water types now, and Raihan's Dragons later. Also caught a Tyrogue along the way. Never had any luck getting Hitmontop outside of 'Pokemon Colosseum' but i figure i'd try again. Summer and Clover also were removed from the team after they evolved. Made a quick detour into Motostoke so i could finally get my League Card and unlock jobs. Then went and caught a Bunnelby for the Skwovet Trade. Already have one, but it helps with Roto-Loto. Ended with sending it and G-max Meowth on a Job

Team

Joy - Skwovet 12
Carrot - Scorbunny 13
Catdog - G-Max Meowth 12
Pumpkin - Snover 12

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Well, I have been enjoying the gym battles in Galar! Got a few hours of play in today and honestly I was impressed. I went ahead and challenged Milo's gym, and herding the Wooloo along was rather fun! Zigzagoon evolved into Linoone after one of the trainer battles and learnt Night Slash which was amazing, definitely one of my favourite designs this generation. When we got to Milo I was Level 20, so I'd managed to stay roughly at the same level as his ace, which made me happy since I'd heard over-levelling was a common occurrence in these games. Anywho, the first gym leader went down with ease after Linoone KOed Gossifleur with Pin Missle into Night Slash, and my Dynamax'd Corvisquire 0HKOed his Dynamax'd Eldegloss with Max Airstream. Easy win! Sure, Dynamax probably made it too easy, but for my first playthrough I'm still going to use it! Might as well.

Loved how the trainers outside the gym recognised you and would congratulate you on your win, as well as that Blipbug girl who seems to be your fan. I loved that touch. Continued onto the exciting part - Route 5 - and obtained two new team members! I obtained the Toxel from the Day-Care place, who I named Thundrstruck, and then went ahead and caught a Galarian Farfetch'd! With its held item too, was a bonus. I taught it Focus Energy and managed to get the 3 critical hits needed to evolve it into Sirfetch'd! I named him Lancelot for this exact purpose. I trained my team up, crushed Hop on the bridge and made my way to Hulbury!

In Hulbury I beat Nessa, her gym actually confused me a smidge but I managed in the end. She was an interesting challenge - Goldeen was crushed by Linoone, and I sent out Sirfetch'd against her Arrokuda. I KOed it with Rock Smash and then Dynamax'd versus her Drednaw, who did the same thing and almost KOed us with Max Geyser! It even outsped beforehand, but rather than go for a second Max Geyser went for the weaker Max Strike, allowing Sirfetch'd to use Max Knuckle twice for the win! I met up with Chairman Rose afterwards (Oleana is a bit rude isn't she?) and then went on to Galar Mine No.2, where I swore angrily at Galarian Stunfisk since it broke out of every ball I threw at it before my Switch became low on charge. Now I'm saved and waiting to progress.

Sword Team:
817.png
Bubbleoseven the Drizzile, Level 25 (Water Pulse, Sucker Punch, Water Gun, Swift)
822.png
Nevermore the Corvisquire, Level 25 (Pluck, Hone Claws, Power Trip, Leer)
264-g.png
The Goon the Galarian Linoone, Level 25 (Night Slash, Headbutt, Hone Claws, Pin Missile)
848.png
Thundrstruck the Toxel, Level 25 (Nuzzle, Acid, Tearful Look, Flail)
865.png
Lancelot the Sirfetch'd, Level 25 (Focus Energy, Rock Smash, Fury Cutter, Brutal Swing)

Other additions:
837.png

Last edited:

Recan1990

Very strange. I have battled 999 zigzagoon in my dex. I have seen around 7000 zigzagoon by now and i still have no shiny.

After the 500 battles in your dex you can run away from that pokemon and still have the boosted odds right?

Am i doing something wrong? Or am i just very unlucky?

I already battled 20k by now. I even have shiny charm lol

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Trading a bunch of League Cards just to refresh stamps to hunt for Gigantamaxed Pokemon.

If you want to be a kool trainer, just write "666" for your number, as the SEVEN people I have traded with can testify.

PsychoIncarnate

I've been grinding dens to get G-Kingler with HA. So far I got 3 of them. 2 of them I got in a row and 1 of them I got weeks ago. The first one I got was the best, but it doesn't have HA.

The 2 I got in a row was a surprise. Neither had HA though.

Also, I'd like if I can get a shiny. I actually ran into a shiny Kingler randomly.

Kingler is really my lucky pokemon this gen. Just gimme that Shiny HA G-kingler

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i havent yet setup a nintendo acct with my switch so coming across pokerus today was rather lucky. trained Flygon to 100, Gardevoir to 96. still have 4 more to do that with. i also came across 40BP today to get 4 power items.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Finally made it to the Opening Ceremony for the gym Challenge. Chose 151 as my number for the Kanto Pokedex. I guess they didn't expect you to explore the Wild area right away since Team Yell was only level 9. Was even about 2 levels over Hop at the pokemon center a few minutes later too. Decided to head back to the Wild area instead of route 3, to visit the Digging Duo. Found out you can visit both in the same day as long as you have the Watts. Also found a Dynamax Bounsweet, so i replaced my Snover. This way i can use Snom or Mr. Rime later. Also in a weird turn of events, i found two dynamax Munchlax in a row. I caught one of them and Surprise Traded for a Gastly. Evolved it to Haunter with EXP candy, then traded it and got a lvl 60 Gyrados. Back in Motostoke i ended up exploring for a bit and found the Jersey/Uniform store. All the Gym Leaders that aren't in SW/SH. We'll see if i can wear the Flying Uniform to Milo's gym instead of the Default one. Swapped a few League Cards with people as well. This one girl had a 375 Pokedex, but has caught almost Double that.

Maybe next time, i'll finally reach Turrfield

Team
Joy - Skwovet 14
Carrot - Scorbunny 15
Catdog - G-Max Meowth 14
Lola - Bounsweet 16

SkysEevee

Not your average eevee
Got a shiny galarian corsola after 199 eggs! First shiny for my Galar games! I felt festive so her name's Merri and I've been nonstop playing in the camp with her as I train her to be an ace on my team.

I'm hoping to find shiny milcery next so I can finally collect every color of Alcreamie (not as obsessed with the sweet item details) though I've been hunting over 500 eggs with little luck.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I defeated Kabu and have made it to Hammerlocke and Route 6! Can't say I particularly enjoyed the gym requirements this time around, but hey ho. Kabu was surprisingly difficult though! Ninetales, Arcanine and Gigantamax Centiskorch this early on? My oh my. I set up a couple of Hone Claws with The Goon, who then 2HKOed Ninetales with Night Slash (after healing off the burn from Will-O-Wisp) before falling to Arcanine. The damage I dealt to Arcanine with The Goon helped Thundrstruck take its first win with Nuzzle and Acid, but then I brought in Drizzile versus Centiskorch. Max Flutterby did a solid chunk to Drizzile, but Max Geyser found its mark and 2HKOed it, giving me the win!

I loved how the gym leaders saw you off, gave a much greater impact on your gym challenge which has honestly felt a bit amiss in the older games, it actually feels special. Kabu being the stumbling block for many trainers was cool to see (and deserved, without a Water or Rock type I can see why it would be difficult!) and I should also mention how he walked onto the field as you did, from your side. Made each gym feel unique, I loved it.

Anywho, did some Wild Area shenanigans and progressed into Hammerlocke, to hear how Bede destroyed Hop and was a bit of a dick. I explored the area, spoke to Rose, found myself disappointed in the vault (it's... underwhelming, I kind of expected more from a vault) but loving Raihan, and made my way to Route 6. Here, I discovered I'm actually on par in regards to levels, and not over-levelled like I was anticipating (or under-levelled, for that matter). It didn't change things too much, although you can definitely feel the strain on Drizzile and Corvisquire now to evolve because they're feeling a bit weak now. Sirfetch'd and my new Toxtricity (who is probably my favourite Pokemon from this generation, for the record) are absolute powerhouses though, and Linoone has surprised me quite a bit! Obstagoon is going to be a fantastic bonus soon. But yeah, Corvisquire is struggling a little bit. It's definitely one of the better early birds of the game though, probably only behind Staravia and Trumbeak and on par with Fletchinder (final stages do change a bit because Talonflame > Toucannon any day, but still!) if you're looking at middle stages. Drizzile has kept up admirably, I think it's a solid middle stage starter, no real complaints other than it needs to evolve soon.

Route 6, I caught my last team member - Yamask! Nobody seems to be using Runerigus on their main team and honestly the spooky boi is one of my favourite Galarian forms. The new Ground typing is fantastic, and I honestly do not use Ghost types enough. So this'll be fun! Evolving it... less so. Turns out the "lose 49 HP at least" thing didn't seem to work for me, and I had to use the Focus Sash to get it to 1HP and do it from there. Still, got a Runerigus now! Have yet to use it though, just fixed up the squad's movesets then saved.

Other thoughts... game is incredible so far. Every major city I've been to thus far has looked fantastic, and I'm not too bothered by the graphics in other areas. My team is shaping up really nicely so far and the variety of Pokemon I've encountered has been staggering, don't think I've enjoyed a new Pokemon game this much since... Black and White? It's up there so far, will see how it ranks when I beat it. I am looking forward to some post-game shenanigans though, think I might actually progress into competitive and shiny hunting in this game! And complete the Pokedex too, make this the start of a new chapter in my Pokemon journey. Wouldn't be me without thinking about other teams though, honestly despite my notions about the levels (no complaint from me about scaling thus far, managed to keep on it at every stage except maybe right at the beginning, around Milo) you could pull of rotating your team around each gym badge rather well! Get to the Pokemon League and have your starter + 5 most successful Pokemon you've used, make that your final team with honourable mentions. Might do that with Shield when I get that/beat it for the Pokedex (unless my friend gets it for Christmas and wants to trade me stuff). Think it'd be fun! Plus lets me try the other two starters, who I quite like as well.

Sword Team:
817.png
Bubbleoseven the Drizzile, Level 31 (Water Pledge, Sucker Punch, U-Turn, Swift)
822.png
Nevermore the Corvisquire, Level 31 (Pluck, Hone Claws, Power Trip, Facade)
264-g.png
The Goon the Galarian Linoone, Level 31 (Night Slash, Headbutt, Hone Claws, Pin Missile)
849.png
Thundrstruck the Toxtricity, Level 31 (Spark, Shock Wave, Acid Spray, Venoshock)
865.png
Lancelot the Sirfetch'd, Level 31 (Focus Energy, Rock Smash, First Impression, Knock Off)
867.png
Spookshire the Runerigus, Level 31 [Shadow Claw, Hex, Will-O-Wisp, Rock Blast]

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Completed the final part of the post-game story by defeating Hop at the area of the Slumbering Weald where you obtained the items for the box Legendaries. With my Zacian fully EV trained (and giving it several Exp Candies) I used it knock out an event Delibird Raid and added Psychic Surge Indeedee to my HA Pokemon collection. I definitely appreciated the guaranteed captures for non-event Max Raids so you are free to use a desired Poke Ball for the capture (in my case a Moon Ball).

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Ah, got to love finally being on my Christmas break! Since my very recent last post (less than 24hrs, my oh my) I have gone ahead and progressed onto Stow-on-Side, Ballonlea and my final stop on Route 7, beating Bea and Opal on the way. During all this, my team all finally evolved (Obstagoon didn't evolve until level 39 because the day/night cycle doesn't seem to work on routes) so now I have a kickass Inteleon, Corviknight and Obstagoon! They are all incredible so far, well Inteleon is, the other two only just evolved. Sirfetch'd really wants a new STAB move but First Impression is just so satisfying to use, so it's not too bad. Runerigus is the tanky monster I wanted, although it really wants some Ground STAB. Toxtricity is also amazing and can do no wrong so far!

Anyway, onto Gym Leaders! I still adore the Gym Leader music theme, it's fantastic. Bea and Opal were genuinely tough opponents and I loved both their teams. Bea having Hitmontop, Sirfetch'd and Pangoro was really cool and they were all quite tough to beat, but Corvisquire, Runerigus and Sirfetch'd managed between them. Corvisquire then came out and 2HKOed Gigantamax Machamp with Max Airstream, but it was a close one! I imagine Allister would be a similarly cool challenge. Opal having Togekiss and Weezing was really cool, and a definite challenge since Toxtricity became over-levelled quite quickly and Corvisquire hadn't evolved yet. Inteleon wrecked Mawile and I used a combination of Sirfetch'd and Runerigus to take out Alcremie, whose Gigantamax form was rather snazzy. Hop, albeit not a gym leader, kinda sucks still, but I do like the development he's getting by trying to outdo his brother, especially after Bede was a dick to him. It's sad how he's ditched the Wooloo though, and replaced Corvisquire with... Toxel and Cramorant. And then Heatmor and Boltund. I like those Pokemon! But man, sucks he's not sticking to his guns. Still, we all know how that'll work out.

I adore the cities in this game, I can understand how lacking they may feel (and they do, more buildings are needed) but man Ballonlea is so gorgeous! My god, the colours are superb, same as Glimwood Tangle. Stow-on-Side isn't my thing (just not a fan of dusty towns) but it's still impressive! So all is good.

EDIT: Made it to Circhester, discovered you could catch Snom and Falinks much earlier than anticipated (I thought they'd be after the 6th gym, not before) which is interesting since both were considerations for my original Sword & Shield team! Think I will stick with my current squad though, we've been through so much already that it'd be a shame to replace any of them so soon. Maybe I'll use them in another playthrough!

Sword Team:

818.png
Bubbleoseven the Inteleon, Level 42 (Snipe Shot, Shadow Ball, U-Turn, Swift)
823.png
Nevermore the Corviknight, Level 42 (Drill Peck, Steel Wing, Revenge, U-Turn)
862.png
The Goon the Obstagoon, Level 42 (Night Slash, Facade, Submission, Seed Bomb)
849.png
Thundrstruck the Toxtricity, Level 42 (Discharge, Shock Wave, Poison Jab, Venoshock)
865.png
Lancelot the Sirfetch'd, Level 42 (Steel Wing, Brick Break, First Impression, Knock Off)
867.png
Spookshire the Runerigus, Level 42 [Shadow Claw, Revenge, Will-O-Wisp, Rock Blast]

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Been slaying competitive Japanese players in online and just won my 100th match, woo! Ranked at No: 4640.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Beat my solo Scorbunny run. Honestly was way easier than I anticipated but still a few moments where I thought I’d lose. Scorbunny is probably my favorite base stage starter after this.

DSDark

Breeder
I actually found a reason to use my master ball. I joined someone’s g-max alcremie, and just my luck, mine was shiny! I had to use the master ball for that beauty

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Haven't played in a few days because Christmas weekend :rolleyes:.

I did spend all yesterday wandering the Wild Area Fighting Dynamax pokemon though. Highlights include a Togepi that i caught with the Mystery Gift Friend Ball. Evolved Immediatly with a rare candy. "Brock" then helped me with the rest of the Dynamax pokemon as he was level 18. Also evolved a dynamax Seedot. Unfortunately neither of the digging Duo gave me a Leaf Stone or a Shiny Stone. Caught a Dynamax Tyrogue and it evolved into Hitmonchan. Then Butterfree night Started. I Surprise Traded the Hitmonchan and got a Dynamax Butterfree in return. I also found My own while on my Dynamax Hunt. After i found mine, i Surprise Traded the other and got a normal Butterfree in return. Ending my Dynamax day, i found two of the event Delibird. Caught one and defeated the other.

Also ended up following the Fishing Lady around and got a ton of Pearls and Wishing pieces.

Team
Joy - Skwovet 14
Carrot - Scorbunny 15
Mothra - G-Max Butterfree 18
Lola - Bounsweet 16

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Having finally bought a copy of Sword yesterday, I've spent most of Christmas Day on a playthrough just to get a general feel of the game. I'm as far as the Galar Mine before the first gym, I started out with Grookey and I've also caught Rookidee, Wooloo and Rolycoly. While Sword is nowhere near as good as the Gen 6 or 7 games I'm still having a good time with it. The constant interuptions from characters like Hop and Sonia do start to get annoying after a while, but the routes themselves and the Wild Area are pretty to look at (though the pixels in a berry tree I was shaking in the Wild Area at one point looked rough). I've done three Max Raids and two Curries, neither were as hard or grindy as I was expecting. So far I've managed to get Trapinch and Grubbin from the raids, as well as the TRs for Drill Run, Leech Life and Dragon Claw. How far I'll carry on with this playthrough before re-setting I don't know yet.