• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

PsychoIncarnate

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Man, the Wild Area is absurd in size. Both my main and ancillary team are getting overleveled by catching the Pokemon there. Now that I have eight gym badges, I am going to try and get a Gigantamax Duraladon to replace Perrserker as my main Steel type. Right now, my primary team is Cinderace, Perrserker, Claydol(only pre-gen Pokemon), Toxtricity (Low-Amped, gift Pokemon), Grimmsnarl and Falinks. My secondary team/reserves are Corviknight, Orbeetle, Pincurchin/Yamper, Galar Linoone and Barraskewda. I am going to try and get all of them to Level 50 before relying on non-team members like Grapploct and some of the new big boys to get the other big boys/Gigantamaxs

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've made Silicobra my sixth team member, and I'm pretty happy with it already. Shortly after catching it I battled the NPC on Route 6 that has a Throh, not really expecting to win, but Silicobra managed to paralyze it with Glare and after that only one of Throh's attacks hit before it went down (that Sand Spit ability Silicobra has is also handy).
I also went back to the Wild Area to see what TR's were on sale today, and it strikes me as odd that the two record shops on the first street in Motostoke don't sell a range of TR's. I mean, you'd think they would, wouldn't you?
Anyway, I'm preparing to fight Bea next, I'm starting to think I should've caught a Psychic or Fairy-type, because Corvisquire is the only thing on my team that's good against Fighting, but I'm not really expecting it to do well against Bea's team. It's probably just as well you can get the TM for Fly just before the Gym.

Entradius1

Just some dude
A lot of patience

And Probably a lot of free time.
Edit: After watching youtube I believe I have figured out how you do it and I now retract that statement.

Ahem, anyways... I had some free time this morning. I spent so much "quality time" with the digging duo trying to get a golden bottle cap that I had enough supplies to buy every TM and clothing item in the game, which I did. Even after 100 bottle caps I still do not have a golden one. After my shopping spree I ran some max raid battles. Due to nothing but dumb luck I managed to nab both a shiny Sylveon with its HA and Pelipper with Drizzle. I have found that for some reason I only encounter shinies from other players max raid battles and I have yet to spawn one of my own. I then placed both of them in my shiny trade bait box alongside my first shiny, pyukumuku (whom I was not very pleased to encounter), and 18 shiny magikarps from the event.

The next time I have some free time I might try my hand at getting a shiny dracozolt seeing as how I have a shiny charm, 300 bird fossils, and 50 drake fossils.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started out with a lot of luck yesterday. Went back to route 2 and caught a Yamper and Purrloin for Surprise Trade. Ended up with a Galarian Stunfisk and a "Small" German Pumpkaboo. So now i have 3 pick-up pokemon till i decide the rest of my team. Then as i wandered the Wild area, all three of them picked up Poke dolls in 1 minute of each other. Then I Ended up getting 47 items from the Digging Duo along the way. 41 from the Right one, and 6 from the left. Thought my game broke when he wouldn't stop finding things. Along with Evolutions Stones and selling items, I also got Fossilized Drake even though i'm in Sword. Only "Bad Luck" was another G-Max Butterfree that wouldn't stay caught. With all the evolution Stones i received, I decided to grab a dynamax Seedot and evolve it for Surprise Trade. Make up for all the Route 2 pokemon i traded. In return was a lvl 1 Yamper. After the Opening Ceremony i was surprised by Shellbert's Strength, never used a pokemon with Stong Jaw before. I know Hop isn't very strong, but still.

Team
Ruby - Scorbunny lvl 15
Shellbert - Chewtle lvl 14
G-Max Meowth lvl 13
Rainbow - Zigzagoon lvl 13
Gourgeist - lvl 16

Entradius1

Just some dude
I spent a good hour last night trying to get a shiny dracozolt with no luck. I then got bored and ended up catching a G-max Alcremie and Appletun (before today's event). Today I logged in and nabbed a G-max kingler out of my own rare raid den. I then caught one of each of the new g-max raid event pokemon. I ran into a shiny raids for a charizard and a female Indeedee, but failed to catch them (darn rng). I am seeing a lot of people with shiny g-max pokemon and I am starting to wish that I could breed shiny G-max pokemon since it seems very tedious to try and catch one... oh well.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just took down Milo and got the first badge.

Here's my team:

Windy - Pidove - lv 18
Steve - Pidove - lv 17
Raven - Corvisquire - lv 21
Della - Corvisquire - lv 19
Bacon - Sizzlipede - lv 20
UFO - Dottler - lv 19

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just took down Milo and got the first badge.

Here's my team:

Windy - Pidove - lv 18
Steve - Pidove - lv 17
Raven - Corvisquire - lv 21
Della - Corvisquire - lv 19
Bacon - Sizzlipede - lv 20
UFO - Dottler - lv 19
You have 2 Corvisquire & Pidove?

OriginalScream

So (having played through Sword once already) as a challenge, I'm planning on playing Sword and Shield (when I get it) with teams made (almost) exclusively using Galarian forms. Specifically:

For Sword:

Perrserker
Weezing
Sirfetch'd
Runerigus
Darmanitan

And for Shield:

Obstagoon
Stunfisk
Cursola
Rapidash
Mr. Rime

What I haven't decided on is which starters I'll pick for each one. What I'd like to ask is, given the teams I'm planning for each, which starter would be the best for each team?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So (having played through Sword once already) as a challenge, I'm planning on playing Sword and Shield (when I get it) with teams made (almost) exclusively using Galarian forms. Specifically:

For Sword:

Perrserker
Weezing
Sirfetch'd
Runerigus
Darmanitan

And for Shield:

Obstagoon
Stunfisk
Cursola
Rapidash
Mr. Rime

What I haven't decided on is which starters I'll pick for each one. What I'd like to ask is, given the teams I'm planning for each, which starter would be the best for each team?
I’d say Intelleon for the first one and Cinderace or Rillaboom for the second.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
You have 2 Corvisquire & Pidove?
Yep. :p They're pretty good Pokemon.

Got some good surprise trades tonight. A Deino, Jangmo-o and an Impidimp.

Entradius1

Just some dude
Being the noob that I am I started off my day by watching some youtube videos on the game. Among other things I decided to put off my shiny g-max hunt until I get another masterball. I then did my daily rounds and got really lucky with the raid dens. First off, I spawned a shiny non-gigamax Coalossal from my rare raid den, which I caught with a luxury ball. After that I managed to catch a shiny dreepy and a shiny aegislash by joining other people's max raids. I then tossed my aegislash in my trade bait box and farmed up some mints from the battle tower. I then EV trained, leveled, hyper trained, and gave mints to my new shiny coalossal and dragapult.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tried to do the good ole' raid exploit for Gmax Alcremie, got all the way to April and it still didn't work. On other news, I defeated a Gmax Flapple, but failed to catch it and saved afterwards, as I wasn't sure where I was the last time I had saved

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I completed the PokeDex. Shiny Charm in hand, I'm now off to hatch myself a Shiny Blipbug.

Entradius1

Just some dude
Tried to do the good ole' raid exploit for Gmax Alcremie, got all the way to April and it still didn't work. On other news, I defeated a Gmax Flapple, but failed to catch it and saved afterwards, as I wasn't sure where I was the last time I had saved

I tried that as well and it worked. The thing is that my first two g-max pokemon took 3 hours per pokemon to get. It is like a 1% chance so it can take anywhere from 1 attempt to over 500 attempts.

Anyways, I started my day off by farming more battle points and I bought an ability capsule and changed my shiny dragapult's ability to infiltrator. With all the rng in the game I wish that mints were cheaper. 50 battle points is a tad expensive and they should be handing them out like candy for 10-25 bp a piece, and maybe, let people buy them for watts as well. I am sitting on like 15 of every TR and 400k watts. I tried some max raid battles. My own max raids offered some pretty bad 5-star pokemon like stunfisk. I opted to try raids from other players, but they had bad raids as well and I saw no shinies at all. I then tried again to get a shiny fossil pokemon (dracozolt) but I got bored and surprise traded away another 12 of them. I still have over 60 of every fossil so it is not a big deal. I might just fool around today.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just got my second badge tonight by taking down Nessa's gym.

Here's my team:

Static - Yamper - lv 23
Miror B - Lombre - lv 24
Zoom - G max Pikachu - lv 22
Windy Storm - Eldegoss - lv 24
Smoke - Gloom - lv 22
Heart - Toxel - lv 22

Got a Charmander via Surprise Trade and recently got a Grookey and Scorbunny through it.

Also got some help with a Lapras raid and finally captured one. Big thanks to Henrique for the help. :)

Last edited: