• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
I just got Sword for the holidays and have slowly been working my way through it. Today, I defeated both Bea and Opal. Ballonlea is a cool town. Got a good laugh at the cutscene that happens after going back to Hammerlocke. Finished part of route 8 and stopped there.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Just about to go against the champion. I have found a couple of Gigantamax, but even now I am out of my league to go after them yet

PsychoIncarnate

Just about to go against the champion. I have found a couple of Gigantamax, but even now I am out of my league to go after them yet
In most situations, Dynamax'd pokemon are superior to their gigantomax equivalent

nel3

Crimson Dragon
LOL thats hilarious, i purposely made a koffing class curry and my character did the pokemon a favor and spared them the trauma of eating it.

Drummerdude

I decided to start a new game on Shield. I chose Scorbunny as my starter and picked up a Blipbug as my second team member. I got the Pokedex from Sonia and also got endorsed by Leon before heading out to the Wild Area. I did a few Applin raids to potentially use a Flapple on my team but they all had the hidden ability on them and Hustle is no bueno for me. I did end up catching a Pancham among other things and decided to use it as my third team member. I headed up to Motostoke and explored as much as I could before the opening ceremony of the gym challenge. Afterwards I beat Hop once again and headed onto Route 3 where I took a break.

813.png
Lv13
825.png
Lv12
674.png
Lv12

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I'm almost finished with the main story now, I decided to spen a day gathering Watts through Max Raid battles, and Durant has officially usurped Emolga as my most hated Pokemon. I had a try at a Max Raid against Durant and lost four times in a row before just giving up, I couldn't even get the damn thing down to half HP most of the times because it kept putting its barriers back up.
Either way, I managed to catch a Kirlia in one battle, and got the TR for Earthquake as one of my prizes after defeating a Dugtrio, which I immediately used on my Sandaconda. I also got a few decent Grass TRs from defeating a Shiftry (Seed Bomb, Leaf Blade and Power Whip), but sadly no one on my team can learn any of them, not even Rillaboom.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Been doing some wandering and watt gathering today. Finally caught an Alcreamie and I caught some other Pokemon. Also saw a Tyranitar in the Wild Area for the first time. It's so breathtaking!

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started off with finding a Dynamax Milcery in the Watch Tower Ruins, even though that isn't listed anywhere. Probably because of the Wild area event maybe? Also had it's hidden ability as well. Unfortunately the cafe refuses to give me any of the evolution Sweets for it. Also found a Galarian Yamask. It didn't have enough HP to evolve though, so i Surprise Traded it. Got a Dracovish in return. Before i headed out to Route 3 i found out that Nurse Joy actually tells you about the Galarian Slowpoke event if you aint done it yet. So i went to pick it up, even though i can't evolve it for at least 5 months. Tried to rush through route 3 and Galar Mine so Ruby could evolve against Bede instead of some random trainer or pokemon. Unfortunately there were to many unavoidable trainers. After Ruby evolved, i went back and actually explored Route 3 a bit. Tried cooking some Curry with the Camping NPC Becca, but i still cant get over Micery Rank. Then Spent an hour searching for Sizzlipede with no luck. That 1% rarity is no joke. Shellbert had a great time through the Galar mine, only problem i had was the Timburr trainer. Shellbert even took out all of Bede's team in one hit each. More Curry with NPC Molly this time and still Milcery class. Found a Jumbo Pumpkaboo without trying and caught two Galarian Meowth on the way into Turrfield. One Meowth for another Pick-up ability and one for the Kanto Meowth trade.

Will finally get my first Gym Badge soon and a Galarian Farfetch'd

Team
Ruby - Raboot lvl 19
Shellbert - Chewtle lvl 19
CatDog - G-Max Meowth lvl 17
Rainbow - Galar Zigzagoon lvl 16
Gourgeist - lvl 18
Greybeard - Galar Meowth lvl 14

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Started off with finding a Dynamax Milcery in the Watch Tower Ruins, even though that isn't listed anywhere. Probably because of the Wild area event maybe? Also had it's hidden ability as well. Unfortunately the cafe refuses to give me any of the evolution Sweets for it. Also found a Galarian Yamask. It didn't have enough HP to evolve though, so i Surprise Traded it. Got a Dracovish in return. Before i headed out to Route 3 i found out that Nurse Joy actually tells you about the Galarian Slowpoke event if you aint done it yet. So i went to pick it up, even though i can't evolve it for at least 5 months. Tried to rush through route 3 and Galar Mine so Ruby could evolve against Bede instead of some random trainer or pokemon. Unfortunately there were to many unavoidable trainers. After Ruby evolved, i went back and actually explored Route 3 a bit. Tried cooking some Curry with the Camping NPC Becca, but i still cant get over Micery Rank. Then Spent an hour searching for Sizzlipede with no luck. That 1% rarity is no joke. Shellbert had a great time through the Galar mine, only problem i had was the Timburr trainer. Shellbert even took out all of Bede's team in one hit each. More Curry with NPC Molly this time and still Milcery class. Found a Jumbo Pumpkaboo without trying and caught two Galarian Meowth on the way into Turrfield. One Meowth for another Pick-up ability and one for the Kanto Meowth trade.

Will finally get my first Gym Badge soon and a Galarian Farfetch'd

Team
Ruby - Raboot lvl 19
Shellbert - Chewtle lvl 19
CatDog - G-Max Meowth lvl 17
Rainbow - Galar Zigzagoon lvl 16
Gourgeist - lvl 18
Greybeard - Galar Meowth lvl 14
If you want a Sizzlipede, catch a Vulpix on the same route on the same route. Pokémon with Flash Fire make it more likely to find Fire Types

RedJirachi

Veteran member
In most situations, Dynamax'd pokemon are superior to their gigantomax equivalent
Well they're four or five stars from what I've got right now, and I have trouble connecting to get allies. Right now, this is my team: Cinderace, Grimmsnarl, Toxtricity, Claydol, Falinks, Duraladon

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I was going to face off against Marnie after the Champion Cup and all that, but I didn't want to use my over lv. 60 Pokemon, so instead, I gave a few candies to some underlevelled Pokemon and got them to level 51 in order to beat her (still under her levels, but more challenging).

I also caught a scholarly Timburr, now a scholarly Conkeldurr.

With the help of some users on here, I was finally able to finish off the Shield exclusives I needed and finish the Pokedex yesterday! I'm super pumped to have it done. I went and grabbed the Shiny Charm in Circhester, and I'm pumped to get into some more shiny hunting now that I have it.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Finally gave my Orbeetle Iron Defense + Body Press. Let's see how it does in the meta.

Several hours later...

Holy Arceus!? Where did all these fainted Tyranitars come from!?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Okay so I know we're nearly half way through January but I've decided my new year's resolution: to find someone who looks at me like Bea looks at whoever she's talking to on her Rare League card:
d22.png

Anyway, I've caught Eternatus, so the last thing I need to do is beat Leon and go through the post-game. All in all I've enjoyed Sword, though I do agree with the many, many, MANY criticisms o the game. It is the worst Pokemon game I've played from a purely technical standpoint, but I'd say I still had a good time and I don't see it as a waste of money. I still want to buy Shield, and once I've completed that I'm planning on putting together a new team to use in the DLC, I was thinking a team of old Pokemon I enjoyed using in Kalos, Hoenn and Alola, such as Mudsdale, Wishiwashi, Aegislash, Gardevoir and Vikavolt.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
If you want a Sizzlipede, catch a Vulpix on the same route on the same route. Pokémon with Flash Fire make it more likely to find Fire Types

I completely forgot that abilities could do that.:D

Anyway, Ruby completely Burned down Milo's Gym. The only thing that took more than one hit was his Eldegoss. Had more problems catching a Farfetch'd than at the gym actually. Either they didn't want to stay in a pokeball, or the ones i caught had awful natures and/or no Leek. When i finally got a good one I named him Quackson. Then Route 5 turned into evolution street. Managed to evolve Quackson immediately against Team Yell. Including 2 Critical hits just on
Thievul. Rainbow also evolved against Team Yell thanks to the EXP Share. Shellbert, would then evolve against Hop's team. Tried some more Surprise Trades while i was Move Relearning stuff with Shellbert. Among others i ended up with an
Arctozolt. So now i have half the Fossils without having to revive any of my own. Before i went to Hulbury gym i took a detour to Motostoke Riverbank thinking i could catch some pokemon. Turns out they are still at least 3 levels above me and 2 above the 'Catch Limit'. Did find out 2 star Raid dens were appearing though and caught an eevee. Evolved it into Leafeon for back up in the gym. Didn't need the help though, as Shellbert's Crunch and Quackson destroyed everything. Dynamax Quackson took out Dynamax Drednaw with Two Max Knuckles. Galar Meowth evolved at the end and i had to box him since he lost Pick-up as Perrserker.

2 gyms in one day is a big change from how long it took to get to the first one :D

Team
Ruby - Raboot lvl 25
Shellbert - Drednaw lvl 24
Quackson - Sirfetch'd lvl 25
CatDog - G-Max Meowth lvl 23
Rainbow - Galar Linoone lvl 23

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I pulled a Gou today in sword, raided the wilds and tossed many quick balls to catch missing pokedex entries. Still have a long way but it's a work in progress. Bred a ice mime for the IV donation for my Gardevoir line. Didnt have too many candidates for the perfect IV but i did what had to get a 5IV mon. Quickly trained it's EV and leveled up with exp candies to level 75.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally caught a 2 star Lapras on my own. Also caught some Alcremies. Been having a heck of a time trying to catch Appleton. It keeps on breaking out of the ball. Did some Lapras breeding and surprise trading lately too.

Finally got a Ditto today via surprise trade! Also got some other nice Pokemon through it. Working on hatching the rest of a box full of Lapras eggs right now.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just fought Hop in the semifinals and it was honestly one of the best battles I’ve had. Normally, I have to really go easy on my battles with Hop to make the matches feel more challenging, but this was the first time since Stow-On-Side when he was actually a threat. My Cinderace took down his Rillaboom easily, but his other pokémon weren’t exactly pushovers for the rest of my team. For example, I was surprised at how his Dubwool took out my Obstagoon at the beginning of the match, or how his Rillaboom managed to beat my Darmanitan before going down itself.

It was honestly a match worthy of a rival battle and it made the semifinals all the more better!!

Main Team:
  • Beckham (Cinderace)
  • Liz (Corviknight)
  • Gordon (Obstagoon)
  • Bryony (Flapple)
  • Benny-Lynch (Clobbopus)
  • Guy (Grimmsnarl)
Team Vs Hop:
  • Gordon (Obstagoon)
  • Ronald (Perrserker)
  • Bryony (Flapple)
  • Murihead (Darmanitan)