• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just beat Eternatus & I have to say I LOVED the battles & cutscenes. I easily got swept up by all of the action & tension of the scene & everything just felt so exciting . I couldn’t think of a British or Scottish athlete that I could use as a nickname for Eternatus though, so I decided to break the pattern for all of my other pokémon & named it Fluffy :p

I was also surprised at how much of a challenge Chairman Rose was. His Escavalier was a pushover, but the rest of his team really gave my pokémon a bit of a challenge all throughout the match.

Now all that’s left is to battle Leon. All of my pokémon are between level 50-52, so I’m not sure if I should raise their levels a bit or just fight him now.

Team:
  • Beckham (Cinderace) @ Heavy Duty Boots
  • Liz (Corviknight) @ Sharp Beak
  • Gordon (Obstagoon) @ Protective Pads
  • Bryony (Flapple) @ Leichi Berry
  • Benny-Lynch (Clobbopus) @ Eviolite
  • Guy (Grimmsnarl) @ Razor Claw

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
It feels amazing to finally complete the Dex without the GTS' presence. After all the trading hassle in Wi-Fi section, in-game link trades, some surprise trades, I got my Shiny Charm.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
It just hit me there are enough Pokemon to make a theme around music (Rillaboom), weaponry/spies (Inteleon) and sports (Cinderace)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It feels amazing to finally complete the Dex without the GTS' presence. After all the trading hassle in Wi-Fi section, in-game link trades, some surprise trades, I got my Shiny Charm.
That's great. Doubting I'll get mine done. It's not worth the hassle to me. It's good to see that you have both the time and patience to do so. That said, with random trade, I'm up to over halfway done, which surprises me.

On another note, got my first G Max Pokemon, a Lapras, thanks to a random person's help along with their shiny Morpeko. So big thanks go out to them for their help. Named him Max.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Finally beat Leon after two attempts! I lost the first match since I didn't expect Charizard to have such a wide variety of moves. Both times it was down to our last two pokémon (Charizard & Cinderace). I decided to give Cinderace an Assault Vest for the rematch, which weakened Charizard's attack, but what honestly saved my butt was the sandstorm caused by Charizard's Max Rockfall since THAT was what took it down in the end.

Personally, I think my loss to Leon might be the canon battle since I went into that match as blind as possible and it leaves my character free to move onto DLC areas & future games to pursue her goal, but either way at least I can move onto the postgame now & I can transfer my save data to my new Switch Lite so I can finally get my Switch fixed. At least wanted to wait until after battling Leon so I can view the match on my TV

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Leon is only cheap because none of the available Rock-types are fast enough to stop his Zard from going bonkers, Godzilla style.

Though this is alleviated by the fact Exp Candies exist. The moment Lycanroc rejoins the ranks, he'll be a joke.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Leon is only cheap because none of the available Rock-types are fast enough to stop his Zard from going bonkers, Godzilla style.

Though this is alleviated by the fact Exp Candies exist. The moment Lycanroc rejoins the ranks, he'll be a joke.
Well, to be completely honest, I purposely kept my pokémon under-leveled to make the match more challenging (once between lv 51-53, & then again at lv 56). Plus, I'm not sure if even Lycanroc could be able to handle Charizard's Max Overgrowth

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, to be completely honest, I purposely kept my pokémon under-leveled to make the match more challenging (once between lv 51-53, & then again at lv 56). Plus, I'm not sure if even Lycanroc could be able to handle Charizard's Max Overgrowth
Charizard is Fire/Flying.

It's slower than Lycanroc.

One Smack Down and it's dead. Stone Edge is overkill.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Charizard is Fire/Flying.

One Smack Down and it's dead.
Even still, I think Leon's Haxorus, starter, & Dragapult can pick up Charizard's slack in that department

Flamer

Had quite an eventful play through over the weekend, as I finally got some time to sink into the game and get (most) of the story completed

Returned to Hammerlocke and finished up my Gym Challenge by defeating Raihan. Then made my way up to Wyndon, catching a few Pokemon along the ice route as I went, but not making any changes to my team. Being from London, seeing it realised in a Pokemon game is fantastic. Love how many of the landmarks they were able to cram in. And Wyndon/Wembley Stadium is great.

In Wyndon, I battled my way through the semi finals, before competing with the other Gym Leaders in the finals for the chance to face Leon. My team has been very overleveled for pretty much the whole second half of the game, so these battles were all rather straightforward. Rotated around a bit, and gave everyone a chance to Dynamax to keep things interesting. Not sure how I ended up so over-leveled, not like I spent anytime grinding or using the Poke Jobs for my team. It is a shame, facing off against the Gym Leaders again at full strength is a nice idea, and they had some decent movesets, but not so much fun when its a whitewash

Before I could battle Leon, Chairman Rose decided the best way to solve Galar's energy crisis was to bring about the Darkest Day, a plan that made as much sense as Brexit. I went back to the Slumbering Weald with Hop to find a Legendary Pokemon to help prevent this. All we found were a rusty Sword and Shield. Then returned to Hammerlocke, armed with our new weaponry, where I defeated Rose and then faced off against Eternatus. Defeated it, but it then Dynamaxed. Glad I avoided spoilers for this, it was a genuinely awe inspiring encounter. Really went all out with the big final boss. Zacian and Zamazenta were summoned through the rusty Sword and Shield. Which was a good job, even with my overleveled team, no way me and Hop were beating Eternatus by ourselves. After a suitably climatic battle, we were able to defeat it, and I caught Eternatus in a Beast Ball.

Now its off to Wyndon to face Leon, and complete my adventure

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
That's great. Doubting I'll get mine done. It's not worth the hassle to me. It's good to see that you have both the time and patience to do so. That said, with random trade, I'm up to over halfway done, which surprises me.

On another note, got my first G Max Pokemon, a Lapras, thanks to a random person's help along with their shiny Morpeko. So big thanks go out to them for their help. Named him Max.

No need to rush, as it's been 2.5 months for me to collect all. However, I'm a completionist when it comes to Pokémon and Sword and Shield is the only game I play.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
So, just one Pokemon away from cmpleting my dex. It's a relief that I'm almost done snce I've been obssessively playing the game in order to finish the dex. This will be my second completed dex. My first one was in Pokemon Sun. Please excuse the spelling mistakes. My mouse is broken.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
the last 3 days were a bit intense. been on a dex filling spree. down to several sword attainable mons and any sword exclusives with the 2 fish fossils. something along the lines of 346/400 completion so far.

GalenIYIarek

So.... SHOUT OUT! to the trainer who put up a Sirfetch'd Den; first one I've ever seen in-game or on the Y-Comm search function; that was SHINY Diamond HA! Are you kidding me?! Unreal. Made my night. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! No locked code. Just... put that up for grabs. So awesome. Doubt you'll see this but incase you do: THANK YOU!