• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Thanks for everyone's help. I have a completed Pokedex now and the shiny charm. :)

c1234

Trainer Since '98
I am currently working on completing the Dex. I have captured 354 and seen 381. I have a good group of friends from work that will help me get those last few Pokemon that I need once I exhaust my own local means to do so. This is coming along nicely.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just took down Opal's gym tonight and got my fifth badge.

Here's my team:

Duraludon - lv 39
Duraludon - lv 39
Glad - Garbodor - lv 37
Roadblock - Snorlax - lv 41
Bronzong - lv 40
Bacon - Centiskorch - lv 44

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I’ve been slowly (and I mean I’ve been taking way more time on this than I usually do) catching some Pokémon for my living Pokédex and just setting them aside. Last night I went out to Glimwood Tangle to catch a Sinistea to evolve into Polteageist. Got out there and the little teapot was just the second Pokémon I encounter so I threw a quick ball and caught the sucker. Went into my bag and selected my cracked pot to evolve it but wouldn’t you know it? My Polteageist was “not compatible” with it. So basically I’m trying to catch just one Pokémon before I go to sleep and I just happened to encounter the antique form of it. <1% chance of it happening and it happens as I am trying to finish up playing for the day. Unluckiest lucky moment of this game for me so far. Now I’ve just been checking Stow-on-Side every day to see if the chipped pot is ever on sale.

Entradius1

Just some dude
So.... SHOUT OUT! to the trainer who put up a Sirfetch'd Den; first one I've ever seen in-game or on the Y-Comm search function; that was SHINY Diamond HA! Are you kidding me?! Unreal. Made my night. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! No locked code. Just... put that up for grabs. So awesome. Doubt you'll see this but incase you do: THANK YOU!

I think my shield version participated in that raid, as I also caught a shiny Sirfetch'd. I tossed it in my trade bait box because I do not like golden ducks.

Anyways I have been catching other shinies, doing g-max raids etc, but haven't been posting much due to job related stuff. I tried to get a masterball and a shiny raid den, but... it's making me burn out. I have well over 100 pp-max in my bag, 300 pp-up, and 200 rare candy, and still no luck on the masterball (sigh). I cannot wait for pokemon home so I can just replay the game for easy masterballs. As for the shiny den hunt well... I shall just say that I would hate to be that guy that is trying to get all the shiny g-max pokemon. I watched a video of it and the guy that made the video looked like he was broken after 3 solid days of hunting.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just took down Melony's gym and got my sixth badge.

Here's my team:

Bacon - Centiskorch - lv 51
Ellen - Manectric - lv 43
Machamp - lv 60
Duraludon - lv 43
Durant - lv 59
Duraludon - lv 43

PsychoIncarnate

I just got another shiny Rookidee. I've never got 2 shinies in this little amount of eggs before. I only had 3 boxes of eggs and I haven't even hatched 2 of them yet

Entradius1

Just some dude
After complaining about it I finally got a masterball from the Loto-ID. It only took 1,226 attempts even though I had a 1/256 chance at winning one (statistically speaking). I used it on a shiny square Gigantamax Grimmsnarl and added it to my team after training it up. I finally have a shiny g-max on both my sword and shield games. /cheer

I did some random max raids on my shield version last night and ended up catching a shiny Hakamo-o and a shiny Polteageist among other things. I tossed Hakamo-o in my trade bait box because I cannot stand pink shinies. I have not decided on what I will do with the Polteageist. Should I box it or give it a shell smash set? Decisions... I will soon finish my last giveaway trades which are taking a long time to complete due to real life scheduling conflicts and such. After I finish those trades I will mess around for a while until the new pass content releases.

PsychoIncarnate

Personally, I don't do shinies on Pokemon that can Gigantamax.

Ugh. Such a waste Gigantamax can't be inherited, but apparently, Leon is cool enough to hand you a Charmander that has the potential. It's the rarest breed ever just because of it.
It's possible later games will have the ability to grant pokemon Gigantomax. So, I'll be prepared if that ever happens.

Other than that, Dynamax Corviknight seems more useful in most circumstances

Entradius1

Just some dude
It's possible later games will have the ability to grant pokemon Gigantomax. So, I'll be prepared if that ever happens.

Other than that, Dynamax Corviknight seems more useful in most circumstances

I hope that will happen as I have 3 random encounter shiny pokemon that could gain their g-max form... Oh and grats on yet another shiny.

Right after my post yesterday I managed to catch a shiny g-max drednaw in a net ball and a shiny HA g-max hatterene in an ultra ball. I guess I built up so much bad luck that some good luck had to step in and equalize it in order to prevent the universe from destroying itself. I am going to train up the drednaw and add it to my shiny team. The hatterene is probably going to sit in my trade bait box for a while unless someone is willing to trade me two masterballs for it, but that is another thread.

I also made a team for that new online competition. I am just in it for the participation reward so I made a team full of pokemon with the moves self destruct, explosion, and memento. I figure a free win will make my opponent happy.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Holy crap, I just entered my first normal Gigantamax raid battle through the Y-Comm and it was a shiny Gengar!! It seemed like the perfect time to finally use my Master Ball m, though now I’m not sure what to do with it since I don’t know if it fits with the rest of my team

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Holy crap, I just entered my first Gigantamax raid battle through the Y-Comm and it was a shiny Gengar!! It seemed like the perfect time to finally use my Master Ball m, though now I’m not sure what to do with it since I don’t know if it fits with the rest of my team
You do the most ethical thing you can do with it:

Force feed it a mint to change its unfitting nature.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
You do the most ethical thing you can do with it:

Force feed it a mint to change its unfitting nature.
No, I’m not talking about natures, I’m talking about whether or not it fits with my other pokémon in terms of theme & dynamics. Aside from a few exceptions, all of my pokémon are based around the idea of being tough, brutish, aggressive, reckless, etc.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
*looks at signature*

How is a living apple dragon any of those.
Flapple's pokédex entry in Sword made it seem like a feisty little monster that spews dangerous apple acid onto everyone

"It ate a sour apple, and that induced its evolution. In its cheeks, it stores an acid capable of causing chemical burns."

Plus when I fought it as an Applin it was really stubborn, wouldn't go down no matter how many times my Rookidee attacked it, and actually did serious damage using only Astonish.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Flapple's pokédex entry in Sword made it seem like a feisty little monster that spews dangerous apple acid onto everyone

"It ate a sour apple, and that induced its evolution. In its cheeks, it stores an acid capable of causing chemical burns."

Plus when I fought it as an Applin it was really stubborn, wouldn't go down no matter how many times my Rookidee attacked it, and actually did serious damage using only Astonish.
"Sweetie, what's wrong?"

"I fought an apple and it almost beat me."

"Now, now. Don't let the bullies hear you say that or you'll never hear the end of it."