• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After starting season 2 of my Sword game (the post game) I’ve done the following:

• I explored the Galar region a little bit to find a “home hub” for all of my pokémon similar to Prof. Oak’s Lab (in actuality I was just thinking a place to name one of my boxes), & i eventually decided on Prof. Magnolia’s field
  • Collected a few watts & treasures since I was low on money
  • Took on the Battle Tower several times & got a few mints. I beat Leon twice but ended up losing to a policeman -_-
  • I fought Hop in the Slumbering Weald. I was surprised at how strong his pokémon were since I was down to my last two.
  • I beat Sordward for the first time, and he & Shielbert are even bigger pompous jerks than I thought they’d be. I found it funny that they called me a brute though since all throughout the main story I imagined everyone called my character one :p
  • Taking a detour before I go to Sonia’s Lab to span out the story a little more.
  • Now I’m going to explore the Wild Area a bit to figure out my team for season 2, check out the Gigantamax Toxtricity dens, & prepare for the International Competition

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Got a Modest G-Max Toxtricity with a 31/X/31/31/31/31 IV spread.

I don't think it can get much better honestly.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I caught a 5 star G-Max Grimmsnarl. Surprise traded some Pawniard breeding rejects and got some good Pokémon in return including a Lv 1 Galarian Ponyta.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Been item gathering and some raiding, along with surprise trading. Mainly trying to free up some space and stuff. Caught an amped Toxtricity and a low key one, both gmax ones.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I have two G-Max Alcremie and am willing to trade one for a G-Max Snorlax. I kept failing to catch it whenever I encountered one.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Got Pokerus completely at random so that was nice.

Drummerdude

I made my through Route 8 into Circhester and barely explored before tackling the Ice Gym. I didn't struggle too much getting through the blizzard and soon enough I was challenging Melony. I had hoped to keep my team a little more diverse but I basically just used Cinderace and Pangoro the whole time. With my 6th badge I headed south and got the ability to Bike Surf and rode my way through Route 9 until I arrived in Spikemuth. I defeated Marnie once again and ran right a long way until I could fight Piers. Weezing finally got to use it's Strange Steam and took out Scrafty while Orbeetle defeated Malamar. Since Pangoro is my only team member with a Ground move I relied on it to defeat Skuntank and also beat Obstagoon with Close Combat.

After the victory some serious shaking action occurred. But Leon took care of it. All I get to do is take part in the Gym Challenge. Yay. So I took on Raihan's series of Double Battles and then challenged Raihan himself. My team was a little banged up from the regular battles and I had been too lazy to heal them up. Cramorant and Pangoro vs Flygon and Gigalith. I didn't realize that Flygon knew Thunder Punch which OHKO'd Cramorant. Pangoro hit Gigalith hard but it survived the fight. Weezing came in and almost beat Flygon with Strange Steam while Pangoro took down Gigalith with Low Sweep. Weezing then knocked out Flygon while Raihan's Sandaconda took care of Pangoro with Earth Power. Then Duraludon came in and knocked out Weezing and Dracozolt leaving me with Cinderace and Orbeetle. Dynamax Cinderace almost got the job done but Orbeetle's Bug Buzz was needed to take down the Gigantamax'd tower. I got my final badge and took a break.

815.png
Lv49
826.png
Lv49
675.png
Lv49
845-go.png
Lv48
110-g.png
Lv49
880.png
Lv49

Entradius1

Just some dude
With the release of the new max raid encounters I decided to go hunting. In my sword version I managed to catch all the g-max pokemon including both forms of toxtricity. I then caught a few with their HAs including hatterene, grimmsnarl, and toxtricity. And then, after clearing out my purple raid den, I filled up half a box with g-max toxtricity. At the end of that I ended up with a crummy rank 5 purple max raid den. I waited until the reset for the raid den to turn red and cleared it out with someone else's milcery raid. I then sold out my stock of luxury balls and restocked at a watt trader. I then logged into my shield version doing pretty much the same thing. I managed to catch a shiny g-max low key toxtricity with a modest nature and the minus ability. I am not a fan of it's color but I guess I will hold onto him for a later trade. I then filled up a box with g-max toxtricity and called it a day. I now have the shiny g-max forms of: Grimmsnarl, Hatterene, Drednaw, Flapple (have 2), Milcerly, and Toxtricity.

I have to wonder why people are having such a hard time catching the g-maxes out of the event dens. I mean I usually do well with chucking ultra balls until I catch one with an 80 percent -ish catch rate. After I manage to nab one I chuck repeat balls to catch extras with a 100% catch rate.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Today, I bred a Shiny Eevee in Moon Ball, traded two mints for a Shiny G-Max capable Milcery in Luxury Ball and found a Shiny G-Max Toxtricity in a free raid; caught it in Master Ball for aesthetics and has the ability Plus to convert Punk Rock.

One of the best days I had Pokémon concerned.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I managed to catch a Gigantamax Toxtricity last night which I’m satisfied with. I have several Alcremie now with a couple being evolved from Milcery. I manage to get a Star Sweet which I used to get Lemon Alcremie Which looks really nice with the shade of yellow complementing the Star decorations.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Just joined a max raid for Gmax Duraludon online.

I was talking to my fiancé, and heard the shiny noise, and said to her “huh. There must be some shinies on the field.” I look up to see the Gmax Duraludon is shiny! Had a master ball, so I used it, and named the girl “Twilight” as after one of my favorite rides in Walt Disney World (Twilight Zone’s Tower of Terror).

DarkerShining

Pokémon Sword: Have been deliberately avoiding progressing the story and just spending time doing stuff in the Wild Area for the most part. Having eventually built up enough Exp Candies of the XS and Small variety, as well as plenty of Rare Candies, I decided it was finally time to attempt to do something at the Pokémon Nursery in the Wild Area. So, with the help of my Gigantamax Eevee, I started breeding Zigzagoons, and made use of the candies and the IV Calculator on Serebii to check the Zigzagoon's IVs, resetting after raising their levels and confirming the IVs. Kept doing this until I finally got one with perfect IVs in HP, Attack, Defense, Special Defense and Speed.

Having finally added another member to my team, I made my way back to Motostoke to finally move the story along. Had a brief encounter with Leon before finally heading to the upper half of the city and began looking around. I went to get registered for the Gym Challenge, and before heading to the Budew inn, I took the oppurtunity to explore the rest of the city now that things had opened up. Found a bunch of items, and helped a boy find his missing Minccino. Once I had explored everything I could, I went to the Budew Inn and had some battles with some members of Team Yell, with my Scorbunny making quick work of them with Double Kick. Met Marnie, who apologized for Team Yell's antics.

The next day in-game, we attended the opening ceremony and saw seven of the eight gym leaders. Spoke to Rose and Leon, and afterwards got the Flying Taxi unlocked.

Current team:

Rouge the Scorbunny - Level 13
Giganyan the G-Max Meowth - Level 10
Gigavee the G-Max Eevee - Level 11
Gene the Zigzagoon - Level 7

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Spent a Month distracted by RDR2 and finally got back to sword yesterday.

Started off fighting the Cafe Again and finally got a Strawberry to evolve my Milcery. Then came the gym battle, and it wasn't Half as difficult as literally everyone in game made it out to be. Quick Balls made the Challenge a Breeze. Kabu also couldnt do much against Shellbert being 4x resistant to Fire types. Once i was back out into the Wild Area I got sidetracked again. Spent a few hours Catching Raid Milcery and Surprise Trading G-Max Alcremie's. Highlight of which was a lvl 55 Raid Clefable and a level 61 Seaking. No G-max Toxtricity yet though. Along the way to Hammerlocke i found my first 3 Star Raid in Dusty Bowl, Lampent. First Experience with them using Shields/Barriers, but Shellbert managed to bring it down. Managed to get a Blaze Kick TM for Ruby in the Process. I also spent about a half hour in Bridge field looking for a Cufant. Wanted to use one since the opening Cutscene with Rose. Of Course i had to name him, Dumbo.

Quick trip to the Digging Duo, and now i wait for Sandstorm and Snowstorm weather

Team
Ruby - Raboot lvl 30
Shellbert - Drednaw lvl 29
Quackson - Sirfetch'd lvl 29
Angel - Duskull lvl 29
Dumbo - Cufant lvl 29
Rainbow - Galar Linoone lvl 28

DarkerShining

Pokémon Shield: Did pretty much the same things I've been doing in Sword, except I bred a Nickit for my team instead of a Zigzagoon. Kept going until I got one with perfect IVs in everything except Attack. With the new team member, I then went through having my character and Hop register for the gym challenge, fought with Team Yell at the Budew Drop Inn, met Marnie and attended the opening ceremony for the Gym Challenge. And of course, explored the rest of Motostoke.

Current team:

Seven the Sobble - Level 13
G-Max Meowth - Level 10
G-Max Eevee - Level 11
Rena the Nickit - Level 7

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I've had around 5M Poké Dollars and 1000 BP so, I planned to raise a new set of Pokémon I haven't used so far. With promoted Grimmsnarl and Hatterene raids, I hopped a couple of them to find the desired ones.

Came across streamers' free raids and got myself:
  • Master Ball Shiny G-Max Amped Toxtricity (5 IV; lacking Special Attack — Serious — Plus).
  • Premier Ball Shiny G-Max Grimmsnarl (5 IV — Bashful — Frisk).
  • Heal Ball Square Shiny G-Max Hatterene (4 IV; lacking Defense and Special Attack — Gentle — Magic Bounce).
  • Luxury Ball Shiny Milcery: Star Berry Alcremie (5 IV — Timid — Aroma Veil).
I got Mints, Ability Capsules and spent money for vitamins to fully EV train them and take on Champion Cup. Beat Piers, Vega and Kabu and got a Wishing Star. I'll breed a shiny Sinistea next until Bank comes out.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
In the process of breeding myself a Timid Sobble I was able to hatch a female one, makes breeding it a lot easier since I don't have a good Ditto yet. Also realised the G-Max Grimmsnarl I recently caught was a flawless (6IVs in all stats) one, this will help make big waves in breeding anything in the Human-like or Fairy groups. Capping my fruitful day in the Wild Area was a purple light den that spawned a Lightningrod Pikachu.