• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

PsychoIncarnate

I have to squint like real hard to tell what's so shiny about it.
LOL, mostly can just tell from it's shell. It's skin is just slightly lighter but it's shell is green

DarkerShining

Pokémon Sword and Shield: After the release of Pokémon Home, I was able to breed some more Pokémon for my team, namely a Milcery and a Yamper in Sword, and a Galarian Ponyta and a Yamper in Shield. I also bred a few other Pokémon just because I felt like it. Finally, I'm ready to progress the story.

Pokémon Sword: I fought against Hop before entering Route 3. Explored Route 3, the Galar Mine and Route 4, training up my team on the way to Turffield. My Scorbunny evolved along the way, and I also evolved my Milcery in the Galar Mine. Had my first battle against Bede while in the Mine. After exploring everything and having a brief encounter with Mil on Route 4, I finally made it to Turffield and met up again with Hop, who told me Sonia wished to speak to me.

Current team:

Rouge the Raboot - Level 19
Gene the Galarian Zigzagoon - Level 17
Ichika the Alcremie - Level 17
Sparky the Yamper - Level 17
Giganyan the G-Max Meowth - Level 16
Gigavee the G-Max Eevee - Level 16

Pokémon Shield: Basically the same thing as in Sword, as I made my way towards Turffield and trained up my team. Fought Hop, got the Escape Rope from Sonia on Route 3, fought Bede in the Galar Mine, my Sobble evolved into Drizzile and I met with Milo on Route 4 before heading into Turffield and catching up with Hop.

Current team:

Seven the Drizzile - Level 19
Rena the Nickit - Level 17
Rarity the Galarian Ponyta - Level 17
Sparky the Yamper - Level 17
G-Max Meowth - Level 16
G-Max Eevee - Level 16

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I'm too scared to play because of that DRM-esque "Glitch" that crashes your Switch if you RECEIVE(NOT GIVE, for some reason) in a Surprise Trade or come into contact with a genned mon on Max Raids...

What do I do? I don't want to brick my Switch!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Pokémon Sword:
After talking to Sonia about the power spot detector, I took a little detour in the Wild Area and did my own variation of the Bug Catching Contest where I tried to catch as many pokemon as I can for one hour and only keep one by the end. It was slow at first, but once it was halfway over it got to be fun and exciting. After leaving Motostoke and receiving Roses' special league card from Oleana, I managed to stop the rogue dynamax pokemon at both the Turffield and Motostoke Stadiums. It was a bit of a challenge since I'm in the middle of making a B-team out of my reserves & potential new pokemon, but they managed to take their opponents down and saved the day. I also gained a new addition to the team thanks to Pokémon Home & transferred a Meltan from Let's Go (I also have a Melmetal saved in a pokejob, so I'll swap them later & treat it like an evolution). After stopping Dynamax Torkoal, I decided to stay the night at the Budew Drop Inn & ran into Marnie, who practiced smiling in order to please the crowd, but I ended up scaring her away. I'm now resting up in the hotel room & preparing to head to Hulbury later.

As for my A-team, I currently have them saved in a Battle Box & I've been using them in both the Battle Tower & WiFi double battles to prepare for the upcoming International Competition (I'm only entering because I want the Ball Guy T-Shirt). I lost a few of the WiFi battles but I'm surprised at how strong my team is, with one of the best moments being my Clobbopus taking down someone's Rilaboom to win the match. I know we're not going to rank pretty high, but I'm pretty confident we'll do fairly well. My team has been dominating the Battle Tower though & we just made it to the Master Rank. The uniform isn't as great as I thought it would be but it's still amazing!!

Main Team (B-Team):
  • Grado (Hitmontop)
  • Donna (Lampent)
  • Farah (Centiskorch)
  • Ronald (Perrserker)
  • Dinnie (Meltan)
Battle Team (A-Team):
  • Beckham (Cinderace)
  • Liz (Corviknight)
  • Gordon (Obstagoon)
  • Bryony (Flapple)
  • Benny-Lynch (Clobbopus)
  • Guy (Grimmsnarl)

DarkerShining

Pokémon Sword: Explored Turffield, and met with Sonia. After doing everything I could do in Turffield, I went to challenge the gym. Gave each member of my team a Dynamax Candy for the occasion, raising their Dynamax levels by one. Went through the gym, and eventually challenged Milo. My Raboot fought his Eldegoss, and I won my first badge. After getting the first badge, as well as a Grass Uniform and a TM, I made my way to Route 5. Explored the route, fighting trainers and such. Eventually fought Team Yell, with my Zigzagoon evolving after battling them. Got the bike, and headed to the bridge where I fought Hop again. Finally made it to Hulbury. Briefly went back to the Wild Area, confirming that two star Max Raid battles are now open since I can catch Pokémon up to level 25 now. I'll probably breed more Pokémon later now that I have the bike.

Current team:

Rouge the Raboot - Level 23
Gene the Galarian Linoone - Level 21
Ichika the Alcremie - Level 21
Sparky the Yamper - Level 21
Giganyan the G-Max Meowth - Level 20
Gigavee the G-Max Eevee - Level 20

Pokémon Shield: Like in Sword, I finally challenged Milo. Since my Shield team lacks a Pokémon with super effective moves, I was worried this would be a bit more difficult, but I felt a bit more confident when my Nickit evolved during the battles with the gym trainers, and I did indeed use the Thievul to take down Milo's Eldegoss. Got the badge, TM and Grass Uniform, and headed off to Route 5. Explored the place, fought Team Yell, got the bike, had another battle with Hop and reached Hulbury. Also met with Rose and Oleana, who told me to meet up with them after getting my next badge from Nessa.

I also did breed a few more Pokémon in both games, discovering for myself just how good Rotom Rally is while hatching multiple eggs.

Current team:

Seven the Drizzile - Level 23
Rena the Thievul - Level 22
Rarity the Galarian Ponyta - Level 21
Sparky the Yamper - Level 21
Giganyan the G-Max Meowth - Level 20
Gigavee the G-Max Eevee - Level 20

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
A little sick of Micery at this point if i'm honest.

Spent a few hours looking for any Gigantmax pokemon since almost all the wild area is open now. 99% of all raid battles were the Milcery though, and the 1% is a random Morgrem. Did catch a Rhyforn and Skorpi in a passing sandstorm though. Caught one of those million Micery and I got a Minccino off of Surprise Trade. After exploring the Hammerlocke Vault, i flew back to Hulbury for the Trade i forgot about. While in Hulbury i thought there was something about Delivering food, but i couldn't figure it out. Back in route 6 i noticed that Dumbo was struggling a little more than the others. So i decided to use some of my EXP candys and help him evolve. While leveling everyone else up normally, i did catch a Yamask for the trade later. Unfortunately for Hop, my team was 5-6 levels ahead of him as usual, Besides Thwackey. Before the gym, i gave everyone 10 dynamax candys to max that out. Because i didn't know about the Hatenna trade until posting this, Ruby had to handle Bea's gym. Though i did bring in CandyFloss the Whimsicott for back up. Luckily Ruby evolved against the first gym Trainer. Blaze Kick and Pyro Ball destroyed almost everything. Bea's Pangoro was the biggest problem of the gym, Circle Throwing my pokemon in and out of the fight. Used Dumbo as a destraction at one point against G-Max Machamp so i could heal Ruby. Despite being a Steel type, he managed to take two hits from Machamp and by the time i Dynamax'd Ruby, Machamp was back to normal. Angel also evolved after Bea, so had a quick detour to the move learner. Just like my Dusclops from XD/Emerald, i taught it all 3 elemental punches. Story stuff after, and Shellbert Destroyed Bede again. Somehow ran into no wild pokemon in Glimwood Tangle beside the Morgrem that jumps out at you. Then Just like Kabu, Opal and her gym could do nothing against Dumbo. The Stat boosts didn't hurt either, as Dumbo was Heavy slamming everything to oblivion. Ended with another Hop fight where Snorlax was the only problem. Endless Stockpiles and i forgot about Quackson until Snorlax was gone.

Team
Ruby - Cinderace lvl 41
Shellbert - Drednaw lvl 41
Quackson - Sirfetch'd lvl 41
Angel - Dusclops lvl 42
Dumbo - Copperajah lvl 41

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've just got a copy of Shield and have started a new adventure, this time I've chosen Scorbunny as my starter because I always pick Grookey in Sword. I've got as far as the Meet-up Spot in the Wild Area and I'm waiting for it to rain so I can find a Tympole. So far my team is Scorbunny, Yamper, Skwovet and Chewtle, but those last two are only going to be temporary team members so Scorbunny and Yamper don't level up too much too quickly.
I also really want to experiment with a rotating team this time, I was thinking of having a main team of six along with two extra team members I'll bring out in certain situations. I've decided I want Hitmonchan as part of this rotation, but I don't know whether to catch a Tyrogue in the south of the Wild Area and hope I find one with higher Defense than Attack, or just wait until I have enough Gym Badges to catch a fully evolved Hitmonchan in the north.

DarkerShining

Pokémon Sword: Explored Hulbury, checking out everything I could see, getting some more items and meeting with Nessa at the lighthouse. Then I went to challenge the gym. Managed to handle the puzzle, and fought the trainers, before fighting Nessa herself. Her Drednaw gave me a bit of trouble, forcing me to use a few Revives on my Yamper, but in the end, I did manage to defeat her and get my second badge, as well as another TM and Uniform. Afterwards, Hop and I went to the Galar Mine 2 to look for Kabu. Ran into Bede, and had another battle against him. Continued exploring and fought more trainers along the way, and my Yamper evolved. Fought some Team Yell members alongside Hop, and after a while, finally found Kabu. After finishing the exploration, training and finding items, I returned to Motostoke and had a battle with Marnie at the Budew Drop Inn.

Current team:

Rouge the Raboot - Level 27
Sparky the Boltund - Level 26
Ichika the Alcremie - Level 25
Gene the Galarian Linoone - Level 24
Giganyan the G-Max Meowth - Level 24
Gigavee the G-Max Eevee - Level 23

Pokémon Shield: Like in Sword, I did everything I could in Hulbury, including challenging Nessa. I used a bit of a different strategy this time around so I wouldn't have to use any Revives on my Yamper like I did in Sword. So, I got my second badge, and met with Rose and Sonia, before going to Galar Mine 2 with Hop. Fought Bede, did some training, my Yamper evolved, and I had a double battle against some Team Yell members with Hop, before we finally met with Kabu. Returned to Motostoke, and had a battle with Marnie.

Current team:

Seven the Drizzile - Level 27
Rena the Thievul - Level 26
Sparky the Boltund - Level 26
Rarity the Galarian Ponyta - Level 25
Gigavee the G-Max Eevee - Level 24
Giganyan the G-Max Meowth - Level 23

Last edited:

ebevan91

Right now I'm separating my living dex into 2 parts. 1 part is all Pokemon that can't be transferred to Sword/Shield, and then the 2nd part is the Galar dex, which will probably stay in Sword for a while. I actually don't have the living dex for the new Pokemon complete yet so I'm working on that too. Once I do that I'll probably go back to ORAS and Ultra Moon so I can SR for shiny legendaries to transfer over.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I've moved around 90% of my boxes in Sword to Home in an attempt to complete the National Dex. I'm at 879/890, but unfortunately I'm missing a couple of mythicals.
Help appreciated for Palkia, Meloetta, Volcanion, Poipole, Blacephalon, Marshadow and Zeraora <3.

Entradius1

Just some dude
I have to wonder why people are having such a hard time catching the g-maxes out of the event dens.

And as I said that I started failing to catch pokemon out of the event dens. Including 2 shiny g-max toxtricity.

With the release of pokemon home I noticed that I had to pay for the upgrade in order to transfer pokemon over from pokemon bank. I was not excited about buying a premium upgrade. I transferred over a handful of pokemon because I did not feel like letting my stuff sit in home for an extended period of time. I tried to access the GTS and noticed that I needed a new cell phone for the app... I guess I will not be using the GTS (sigh).

On my sword version I ran a few daily max raid battles for the candies. I also sent over a few shinies and such from pokemon home. I then restarted my shield version. Beating the game and (more importantly) collecting a Masterball is a lot easier now that I can use pokemon home to transfer over and power level pokemon. Other than that I did not really do much.

DarkerShining

Pokémon Sword: Bred a few more Pokémon both here and in Shield, including an Applin for each of my in-game teams since I realized I'd soon be at a point where I could evolve them. Went to the third stadium to challenge Kabu and did the gym mission, catching a Sizzlipede while I was at it. Fought Kabu, and his Centiscorch managed to take out my Raboot, forcing my Boltund to come in and finish the job. Got my third badge, another TM and uniform, and met up with Hop. The three gym leaders we had fought came to see us off, before we headed into the Wild Area once more to head to Hammerlocke. Met with Bede, and he and Hop went off to have a battle. Went around the Wild Area, doing some Max Raid battles since more dens with different Pokémon were now activated. Eventually did arrive at the gate to Hammerlocke, where Bede showed up and told me he had won the battle against Hop. I entered Hammerlocke, and witnessed a conversation between Bede and Rose, before Rose told me to follow him. I instead went around exploring the place, and among other things, managed to get the item I needed to evolve my Applin.

Current team:

Rouge the Raboot - Level 30
Sparky the Boltund - Level 28
Ichika the Alcremie - Level 27
Gene the Galarian Linoone - Level 27
Ringo the Flapple - Level 16
Giganyan the G-Max Meowth - Level 26

Pokémon Shield: Went to the third stadium, did the gym mission, although I didn't catch any of the Pokémon this time around. Since my starter was Sobble, I had a somewhat easier time against Kabu with my Drizzile doing most of the work. After getting my third badge, another TM and uniform, Hop and I headed for the Wild Area, with Kabu, Milo and Nessa seeing us off. Bede showed up, and he and Hop had a battle off-screen. Did some Max Raids, before heading to Hammerlocke, meeting up with Bede on the way. Went to Hammerlocke, saw Bede having a talk with Rose, and then explored the town and got the item needed to evolve my Applin.

Current team:

Seven the Drizzile - Level 30
Rena the Thievul - Level 28
Sparky the Boltund - Level 28
Rarity the Galarian Ponyta - Level 27
Cinnamon the Appletun - Level 16
Giganyan the G-Max Meowth - Level 25

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I caught my first Shiny Pokemon in the Galar Region today, a level 19 female Wooper in a Max Raid Den! Granted I don't like the colour scheme on the Shiny as much as regular Wooper, but I'm still happy with it. For those who know about breeding, is an egg more likely to hatch into a Shiny if one of the parents is also a Shiny? Or does it make no difference?

Flamer

Been spending a bit of time in the Wild Area doing Max Raids. Joining them through the Y Com is a right pain, but had some decent luck finding good ones, either online or by myself locally. Pick of my catches so far have been a GMax Toxtricity, GMax Coalossal, GMax Alcremie and a shiny Eiscue! Beat a couple of GMax Kingler too, but haven't been able to catch one yet. Have caught a normal Kingler since then, so hoping a Repeat Ball will do the trick when I next find a GMax one.

Enjoying mixing up the Pokemon I'm bringing to the Raids. The solo ones are a great chance to use some of my GMax Pokemon, loving GMax Pikachu in particular. I've bought over my shiny Mewtwo from Home, hoping to find a good Raid for him soon

Been working on a competitive team on the side. Going for a sand theme. Trained up Duraldon. Tyranitar, Dragapult and Excadrill are in progress, and just bred a Gyarados. Not quite sure who I want the final member to be, maybe Togekiss to pair with Excadrill. Going to start playing about with the team, see what it struggles to deal with, then go from there

DarkerShining

Pokémon Sword: Went to the Hammelocke Stadium and talked to Rose. Met with Leon, before heading to the vault and meeting Raihan, and then spoke with Sonia about her investigation into Galar's legends. Once everything was done, I moved on to Route 6, where I fought some Team Yell members. Hop seemed to have lost his confidence, and I also met with Opal. Explored Route 6, and eventually made it to Stow-on-Side. Explored the place a bit, and had a battle with Hop. After the battle, my Raboot evolved into Cinderace. Opal showed up again, before leaving. Once I had looked around at everything, I made my way to the gym so I could get my fourth badge. Got through the gym mission, and went to challenge Bea. After having my Cinderace take out her first Pokémon, I had my Alcremie do the rest. Got my fourth badge, another TM and another uniform. After exiting the gym, Sonia showed up, having to come to Stow-on-Side to check out the mural, when we suddenly heard a loud sound from the direction of the ruins.

Current team:

Rouge the Cinderace - Level 37
Sparky the Boltund - Level 34
Ichika the Alcremie - Level 33
Gene the Galarian Linoone - Level 33
Ringo the Flapple - Level 26
Giganyan the G-Max Meowth - Level 32

Pokémon Shield: Did everything I could in Hammerlocke, went to Route 6, explored and so on. Challenged Hop in Stow-on-Side, and once again, my starter, in this case my Drizzile, evolved after that battle. Challenged the gym, and unlike in Sword, this time, it was my Inteleon who did most of the work, while my Thievul took care of the Gengar. Got my fourth badge from Allister, got another TM and uniform, and met with Sonia outside the gym.

Current team:

Seven the Inteleon - Level 37
Rena the Thievul - Level 35
Sparky the Boltund - Level 34
Rarity the Galarian Ponyta - Level 33
Cinnamon the Appletun - Level 25
Giganyan the G-Max Meowth - Level 31

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Lots of side things and looking up information this time.

Started off searching Route 7 for a Toxel for the Trade in Hammerlocke. Once i got Togepi, i looked up where to find Applin so i could do that event. Ended up evolving quite a few spare pokemon on route 5 during my search. Also attempted to find Morpeko, but it refused to show up until i brought in the G-max Pikachu. Around the "Steamdrift Way" part of Route 8 i found out about Mr Mime not being available until your on your way to the Final Tournament in Wyndon. So i went for Snom as my final Team Member instead. Might not have the patience for Snom's night time friendship evolution, but i caught it in a Luxury Ball to help. Named snom, Nightwing because of the nighttime evolution thing. Now that Micery is gone, i went back to the Wild are for exploring. along the way i got every Evolution stone the digging duo has, except Ice Stone. Also found Clobbopus early, in a raid den. Found a G-Max Kingler too, but couldn't find any players to join and had useless NPC's. Got lucky on the second try and found a full Raid and managed to catch him. One Dude also used a Decidueye, which was cool. Quick camping trip to try an raise NightWing's Friendship with Curry and Toys. Also, looked up where the soothe bell was and learned they tell you how close to max friendship your pokemon are.

Want to try and evolve NightWing before the Circhester gym, so i can bring in G-max Kingler and destroy it

Team
Ruby - Cinderace lvl 43
Shellbert - Drednaw lvl 43
Quackson - Sirfetch'd lvl 42
Angel - Dusclops lvl 44
Dumbo - Copperajah lvl 43

NightWing - Snom - 39

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
Finally finished the Galar Pokedex in Sword! On top of that, I have nearly the full living Pokedex filled out in Pokemon home!
The national dex is only missing Marshadow, Meltan and Melmetal, while the living dex in Bank is also missing Zacian, Zamazenta and Eternatus (my own Zacian and Eternatus are too good for fighting max raids)
I can't believe how easy it was once I got my boxes in bank all sorted!

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
With Home released I can finally get back to breeding. I have a Japanese 6 IV Ditto that I use for breeding semi-competitive Pokémon and doubles as the gateway to doing the Masuda Method. Anyways, used it and was able to get myself a 5 IV dream ball Ponyta in about 10 minutes and thought it would be a good idea to start the next project.

Right now I am just trying to MM a shiny beast ball Zigzagoon since I really like the red and blue shiny pattern. When I last MM’d in Ultra Sun I got a shiny competitive Litten in less than 25 eggs. I am currently sitting at about 125 eggs in two hours and no shiny Zigzagoon. Definitely not winning the lottery today. I so far have hatched 2 5IV and 4 6IV Zigzagoons so there’s that I guess.

Other than that I just cruise around joining raids and hosting raids, grinding through the Battle Tower and bothering the digging duo. Living Dex is at 889/890 and missing Melmetal. Been actually playing Go just to get the candies needed to evolve one and should be able to next chance I can open the box (Monday). So my collection is almost complete.

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
Got around to buying the premium plan for HOME. Transferred over a bunch of Pokemon from X. Spent time trying to fill up the rest of my Pokedex in Sword. I only have four left that I need: Drampa, Polteageist, Aromatisse, and Zamazenta. Other than that, I spent time roaming the wild area looking for raids. Didn't find any of the ones I was hoping for.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
After a few days of Curry and just running around the wild are to raise Snom's friendship, i just gave up on the G-max Kingler idea and went for the Circhester gym. Getting through the gym was a nightmare. The Trainers were all easy with Shellbert, but the Sandstorm and pitfalls were frustrating. Besides Quackson facing Barbaracle, Shellbert OHKO'd all of Gordie's team. Surprise Hop fight, but being 5 levels higher i had an easy time as always. After finding the Water Bike, i Flew back to all water area to collect items. All the evolution stones from Lake of Outrage and TM's everywhere else. Also Solved the "Treasure Hunt" in Turrfield. Back in Circhester, i detoured over to Route 8 for a Vanillish for the Throh trade. Also caught a Sawk named Sock to go with Throh. Did my best to avoid the trainers on route 9 since i was already 7-8 levels ahead of everyone. Quackson Sweeps Marnie and All the Yell Gunts in Spikemuth as usual. Piers Malamar and Obstagoon gave me a little trouble, but i got through first try. Gave Snom another evolution attempt against the Dancers on Route 9 with no luck.

Gonna replace Nightwing with an Avalugg or Darmanitan at this point.

Team
Ruby - Cinderace lvl 50
Shellbert - Drednaw lvl 49
Quackson - Sirfetch'd lvl 50
Angel - Dusclops lvl 51
Dumbo - Copperajah lvl 49
NightWing - Snom - 48

Last edited: