• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
After two shiny Litten, I finally got my shiny Intimidate Litten in 251st egg. I, also, managed to breed my first ever shiny Popplio at 816th, but will try once again and test my patience to see if I can get one with female.

EDIT: Bred three more shiny Popplio, one is flawless HA, but all are male...

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Omg I've been trying breeding with Mesuda method ALL day.... hatched more than 200 eggs and still no shiny Escue :(

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
The best day I've had in Pokémon Sword and Shield. I named her shiny brother Mars, which also has the exact same IV spread and is HA for future-proofing Boomburst for next generations.

I'll plan to breed Shiny Dream Ball Sinistea and Shellos next.

EO6UYXx.png
wJgAFaJ.png

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
So, I had decided to start over. Chose a girl instead because there are more hairstyle choices. And maybe because I wanted to be the FC? FCs in Pokémon look better than their opposites 8/10. Also, I wasn’t fond of how tall the backpack is either.

Chose Scorbunny because Rillaboom wasn’t really doing it for me. Haven’t liked the grass starter since Gen 6, which is a little disappointing. I’ve been a little busy as I’ve surpassed where I was, before the restart.

Currently at Stow-on-Side, eager to face Allister. But, I just received a Dreepy off the GTS so I think I’ll breed one for my team and some for surprise trades. Might also try my hand at acquiring G-Pontya over the GTS, and then my team should be complete, until I find another Pokémon I might want to use.

Team:
oH sHe FanCy/Hattrem
strange Vibe/Morgrem
Kat viKinG/Perrserker
WijnalDOOM/Cinderace
Principito/Croagunk
crimeONature/Dracovish

Just got my first G-Max Pokémon, Toxtricity, I’m pleased.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Forgot to update this but I beat my Sword run. Overall enjoyed this team a lot. I’ll probably do my Sobble run some time in the future. Also want to do a solo Incineroar run lol.

Team was:

Rillaboom (lvl 70) @ Muscle Band:
-Drum Beating
-High Horsepower
-Superpower
-Darkest Lariat
The team leader. Was always reliable in all of its forms and never fainted. Had it defeat Leon’s Charizard with a crit Max Darkness

Dubwool (lvl 70) @ Silk Scarf
-Double Edge
-Zen Headbutt
-Body Press
-Wild Charge

The straightman. Was always helpful even if it fell a little flat towards the end. Love the thing regardless

Orbeetle (lvl 70) @ Choice Specs
-Bug Buzz
-Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball

Was originally going to be a temporary member until I got Cufant but I couldn’t leave it to rot in the box (maybe next time Copperajah?) Didn’t disappoint and I’m glad I kept it.

Centiskorch (lvl 70) @ Charcoal
-Fire Lash
-Leech Life
-Power Whip
-Coil/Crunch

After getting Sizzlipede, I immediately felt like it was going to be a tough ride. But once it evolved, I knew it was worth it. Kind of frail but once it got a Coil up, nothing could stop it.

Alcremie (Strawberry Sweet) (lvl 70) @ Wise Glasses
-Dazzling Gleam
-Psychic
-Tri Attack
-Energy Ball

Milcery is one of my favorite Pokémon from this gen but never considered it until I realized my lack of special attackers. Alcremie was probably the weak link but it still its job.

Sirfetch’d (lvl 70) @ Leek
-Close Combat
-First Impression
-Poison Jab
-Throat Chop

I usually don’t consider regional variants for a team unless I used all the other Pokémon I’m interested in or, in SwSh’s case, it has a regional evolution. Like Milcery, I prefer the pre evolution but like both. For some reason, this thing didn’t want to be caught and knocked out my entire team outside of my Thwackey so I knew I had to catch it. I waited until after Nessa’s gym to evolve it and proceeded to sweep Bede with 4 crits from a Fighting Type. This thing hits way harder than I expected but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've just finished the main story of Shield with a new team:
Zidane - level 62 Cinderace with Low Kick, Pyro Ball, Blaze Kick and Headbutt
Morgawr - level 61 Gyarados with Earthquake, Aqua Tail, Dragon Dance and Waterfall
Celestia - level 62 Galarian Rapidash with Psycho Cut, Dazzling Gleam, Misty Terrain and Megahorn
Happy Appy - level 64 Appletun with Energy Ball, Leech Seed, Apple Acid and Dragon Pulse
Ivy - level 61 Boltund with Thunderbolt, Wild Charge, Crunch and Play Rough
Ironhide - level 60 Copperajah with Heavy Slam, High Horsepower, Iron Head and Play Rough
and a seventh swap-in team member, Tyson - level 63 Hitmonchan with Drain Punch, Brick Break, Close Combat and Ice Punch

Overall not a bad team, there's nothing close to what I would consider a weak link in there. Many of them, Zidane and Happy Appy in particular, do badly in Max Raid battles, but the whole team did well against the various Gym Leaders and rivals. Not as good as my Sword team, but I'd say this playthrough was a success, and the "Magnificent Seven" strategy I've been using in Gen 8 is one that works. I still need to do the Swordward and Shielbert storyline, catch Zamazenta, and then catch any remaining Shield exclusive Pokemon to register them in Pokemon Home's National Dex. Once I've done that, I plan on transferring my Shield team and Zamazenta to Sword when the expansion pass comes out. Right now I'm in two minds about buying the DLC for both Sword and Shield, I was just going to get the Sword expansion pass, but there's bound to be at least some version exclusive Pokemon I'll want to have in the Shield expansion pass too.

i've been trying to breed a shiny Popplio for a couple hours over the last few days, it's my favourite pokemon, I gotta get one. Maybe gonna try for 2 so I can have a Primarina too.
No luck yet though.

Traded a spare Melmetal for the last pokemon i needed for my living dex, Zamazenta. Did the box shifting trick and claimed the original colour Magearna in Home.
she's beautiful :)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just finished the postgame of Pokémon Sword with the following team:
  • Farah (Centiskorch)
  • Ronald (Perrserker)
  • Murihead (Galarian Darmanitan)
  • Dinnie (Melmetal)
  • Jojo (Hatterene)
  • Fluffy (Eternatus) /// Zacian [swapped out for the final battle with Hop)
All & all, I'm really impressed with how this team turned out, especially since most of them were my reserves from the gym challenge. Out of all of them, I think the MVP of my team has to be Farah (my Centiskorch), which I'm especially proud of since I caught her as a Sizzlipede at the Motostoke and I was originally planning on surprise trading her away. Not only did come through several times during in the gym challenge, but she also dominated the postgame by taking down the Dynamax Tsareena, Bede's Mawile & Gardevoir, and three of Sordward's pokemon, not to mention taking down Zacian with one attack during my first attempt to catch it (even though she was only level 64). Dinnie (Melmetal) was also one of my aces since it was a serious powerhouse that tanked through a number of tough matches like Bede's Hatterene and Hop's Rillaboom.

I also got my main team back from the International Championship. I didn't rank that high, but I did do better than expected and at least I won the Ball Guy shirt out of it. Now I'm taking a bi of a break until the DLC comes out by entering the next Online Competition. I'm also doing the Battle League in Go to see which Pokémon I want to transfer and add to my team once the game's compatible with Home (even if they aren't coded into the game, I still consider part of my team & don't mind waiting to use them).

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Really messed up that the current raids are leaving and during that whole time, I've only encountered Toxitricy! And not any of the others at all. Only saw 1 active raid Everytime I started the game. Definitely not playing Sword for a good while. I've gone back to playing my ultra sun and Moon games

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Really messed up that the current raids are leaving and during that whole time, I've only encountered Toxitricy! And not any of the others at all. Only saw 1 active raid Everytime I started the game. Definitely not playing Sword for a good while. I've gone back to playing my ultra sun and Moon games

The Toxtricity event raid has been around for a month now. Do you have NSO, or pressed X on Y-Comm to refresh the list?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

The Toxtricity event raid has been around for a month now. Do you have NSO, or pressed X on Y-Comm to refresh the list?
Besides, since Gigantamax Snorlax is back in the current raid, I’m certain Toxtricity will come back in a future raid

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Found a Shiny G-Max Charizard Raid, and randomly joined as it was free-for-all. I managed to seal it in three shakes with Luxury Ball despite not promoted, but it broke free... #Sad.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Just Got a GMax Gengar; though, its typing was a little more beneficial, I decided to swap Toxtricity for the freshly caught GMax Gengar. I like its aesthetic a little bit more than I like the Tox’s.

Also, if you’re not naming Cinderace after a footballer, you’re not doing it right.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Just Got a GMax Gengar; though, its typing was a little more beneficial, I decided to swap Toxtricity for the freshly caught GMax Gengar. I like its aesthetic a little bit more than I like the Tox’s.

Also, if you’re not naming Cinderace after a footballer, you’re not doing it right.
Not if you get a female Cinderace and call her Lady Bunny and you imagine the ears forming a big bouffant wig with the tufts of hair on the sides completing the look. Lady Bunny is a legendary drag queen known for wearing huge wigs.

Take a look:

Cinderace
14123.png

Lady Bunny
BUNNY-PRESS-PIC-MENENDEZ-PINK-FUR_0672.jpg

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Caught a G-Gengar today with 5IVs.

Minus Sp.Attack. and its Jolly.

Wow I'm so lucky send him to VGC.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
After two shiny Litten, I finally got my shiny Intimidate Litten in 251st egg. I, also, managed to breed my first ever shiny Popplio at 816th, but will try once again and test my patience to see if I can get one with female.

EDIT: Bred three more shiny Popplio, one is flawless HA, but all are male...
How dont u give up? Ive already hatched 600 eggs and still haven't had any shiny Eiscue....
I am starting to lose hope :/