• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
These raid battles are so fun... love Pokemon❤️

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've found three Gigantamax Gengars at this point, and all three of the damn things got away. I still haven't found what I'm actually looking for in this event, Accelgor and Escavalier, so far I've mostly been running into Machamp, Ponyta, Rapidash and Indeedee. On the plus side I did manage to catch a Galarian Darumaka today.

Last edited:

DarkerShining

Pokémon Sword: Challenged the gym in Hammerlocke, beating Raihan's three gym trainers before challenging Raihan himself. Won the battle and finally got my final badge, as well as a uniform and TM. Met with Hop, before meeting with Sonia and Magnolia outside the stadium. Magnolia gave Sonia her lab coat, encouraging her to continue her research. Went back to the Wild Area for a bit to see if I could catch a certain Pokémon now that five-star Max Raids are available to me, but no luck yet. Went back to Hammerlocke, and Hop and I took the train to Route 10. Explored the route and fought the trainers along the way, until we finally arrived in Wyndon.

Current team:

Rouge the Cinderace - Level 56
Gene the Obstagoon - Level 52
Ichika the Alcremie - Level 52
Sparky the Boltund - Level 53
Ringo the Flapple - Level 53
Skarv the Cramorant - Level 53

Pokémon Shield: Challenged the eighth gym, fought Raihan's gym trainers before fighting Raihan himself. Managed to win and earn my last badge. Got a TM and a dragon uniform, before going outside to meet with Sonia and Magnolia. After Sonia received Magnolia's lab coat, I made my way to the train station, before Hop caught up to me and we both headed to Route 10. Made my way through the route, and finally reached Wyndon. Will likely spend some time in the Wild Area trying to catch certain Pokémon related to the on-going Wild Area event.

Current team:

Seven the Inteleon - Level 57
Rena the Thievul - Level 53
Rarity the Galarian Rapidash - Level 52
Sparky the Boltund - Level 54
Cinnamon the Appletun - Level 53
Merla the Corviknight - Level 52

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It finally happened to me... I'm raising battle count on route 2 lake with the arrowkuda and evolved form. I saw the first shiny arrowkuda and KO'd it as I missed the initial shine, the dark nite colors hid the colors and I already chose an attack when i noticed it was shiny... gonna keep at it still 250 encounters total on both forms until they are both at 500 encounters.

The day got weirder. One arrowkuda on the lake somehow warped to a dry meadow battle. Joined a sir fetchd raid that froze up after pokemon reveal. Weird indeed.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Today I generated den 38 as shiny. I first hosted Kommo-O for around an hour then Noivern for a while. I will host the same den again tomorrow. It is a square shiny to those who collect square shinies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I took on the Champion League again using my team from the postgame story, though in an ironic twist of fate it ended by battling Leon with a team of mostly Steel types (Centiskorch, Perrserker, Darmanitan, Melmetal, Zacian). It was about as difficult as my initial battle in the main game was, but I was able to take Charizard in the end with Zacian's Behemoth Blade & Melmetal's Max Lightning.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I almost have an entire Galar team in Love Balls. Here's what I have, now. Still debating on the last Pokemon.
  • Grimmsnarl
  • Dragapult
  • Indeedee
  • Coviknight
  • Toxtricity

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I almost have an entire Galar team in Love Balls. Here's what I have, now. Still debating on the last Pokemon.
  • Grimmsnarl
  • Dragapult
  • Indeedee
  • Coviknight
  • Toxtricity
I think either a Bug type or a Fighting type could be a good fit. Since your team consists of pokémon that either are cute or started off as cute, a few I'd suggest are Ribombee, Bewear, Grapploct, Falinks, Butterfree, Frosmoth, & Lucario.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think either a Bug type or a Fighting type could be a good fit. Since your team consists of pokémon that either are cute or started off as cute, a few I'd suggest are Ribombee, Bewear, Grapploct, Falinks, Butterfree, Frosmoth, & Lucario.
The only Pokemon I want in it are of the new generation. So nothing below Grookey. They also have to be in Love Balls.

I too was thinking Frosmoth.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So I got what is now my new favorite team in Shield.

I never expected it to be this way, but I just fell in love with how well they look and act together:

- Kingdom (Venusaur), Lv. 72
- Crusader (Decidueye), Lv. 47
- Protective (Incineroar), Lv. 46
- Hymns (Primarina), Lv. 46
- Praise (Rillaboom), Lv. 46
- Madonna (Milotic), Lv. 63

This actually marks my first all-male team ever. I usually avoid having all-male teams, opting for at least one female 'mon, but I love them all so much together. I got Crusader, Protective, Hymns, and Praise all from eggs I hatched from breeding, and raised them up with Kingdom and Madonna. Seeing the four of them grow with Kingdom and Madonna like their parents was pretty neat. Every time I went camping, the four little ones would play together (sometimes argue lol) while the two older 'mons watched over. It was so cute! They're like a nice little family.

I plan on fully training them and having them take on a tournament. I want them to defeat Leon in battle.

Last edited:

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Howdy everyone! Self-isolation has been getting to me quite a bit so I've restarted my Sword file. It was going to happen anyway - a new Sword team gives me more options for my art, a new playthrough keeps me busy outside of uni work and staying indoors and there's a few Pokemon I've wanted to try out from the Galar region and figured now would be a good time to give it a go! Also, I have an idea to beat every region I own and transfer the Champion teams to Sword (assuming they can be transferred), so I need Sword beaten to have a foundation for that.

Thus far, I'm in the Wild Area, which I'm planning to explore more thoroughly tomorrow to grab some TRs and potentially some new team members! I'm aiming for my Sword team to be Galar-only, as befits a Champion team from that region, but I will say the Wild Area is making that a tough decision for sure. With things like Swinub, Tyrogue, Vulpix, Golett, Minccino and others all available before Motorstoke, let alone the Raid Dens, it's tough for me to stick to my planned squad of 6. For now though, we endure, with hopes that perhaps another playthrough will give me the opportunity to use a random and varied team of misfits to conquer the region with!

I chose Grookey as my starter because I went with Sobble last time (even though I think I prefer Rillaboom to Inteleon) and caught a Rookidee for my first team member (again, I used Corviknight in my last playthrough but goddamnit I love it so much! There's another Pokemon joining the squad later that also featured on my last team too) and soon after a Chewtle for my second team member! I did all the tutorial stuff, battled Hop a couple of times, got my endorsement from Leon and caught the Galarian Slowpoke at the train station. And that's it!

Sword Team:
810.png
Grohlrilla the Grookey, Level 11
Scratch | Growl | Branch Poke | Taunt

821.png
Muninn the Rookidee, Level 11
Peck | Hone Claws | Power Trip | Leer

833.png
Chomper the Chewtle, Level 9
Tackle | Water Gun | Bite

Got a shiny 6 IV ditto from a raid battle!

DarkerShining

Pokémon Sword: Finally went to Wyndon Stadium, met with Hop and prepared for the finals. I had my first battle against Marnie, before having my semi-final battle against Hop. After our battle, we met with Leon, and made plans to meet later. However, with Leon showing up late for our meeting, Hop and I decided to investigate, with Piers telling us he had gone to Rose Tower. Along with Team Yell and Marnie, we began to investigate, only for Oleana to insist it wasn't necessary. It seems in order to get to the tower, we'll have to find the employees hidden among the League Staff.

Current team:

Rouge the Cinderace - Level 58
Gene the Obstagoon - Level 54
Ichika the Alcremie - Level 54
Sparky the Boltund - Level 55
Ringo the Flapple - Level 55
Skarv the Cramorant - Level 54

Pokémon Shield: Like in Sword, I went to Wyndon Stadium and had my battles against Marnie and Hop. Afterwards, we met with Leon and made dinner plans, but when Leon didn't show up, we decided to go investigate, with Piers letting us know he was at Rose Tower. Piers decided to involve Marnie and Team Yell in the search. Oleana however, wouldn't let us go to the tower, and now we have to find a particular League Staff member to get the key to access the tower.

Current team:

Seven the Inteleon - Level 58
Rena the Thievul - Level 55
Rarity the Galarian Rapidash - Level 54
Sparky the Boltund - Level 55
Cinnamon the Appletun - Level 54
Merla the Corviknight - Level 53

Last edited:

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Been breeding this Japanese Eiscue I've had all day for a Shiny Eiscue in a Love Ball. Ain't getting what I want though. But I do have half a box of competitive ready 5IV Eiscues. Just need to get the basic training.

The other breedjects were placed in Home for Wonder Trading, and I'm surprise trading them in Sword now. If you find an Eiscue in a Love Ball with Celeste as the OT, enjoy.

Edit: Best Pokemon I got out of the Surprise Trading session (an entire box) was a Beast Ball Bulbasaur. The others will be released instead of being put back in the cycle.

Last edited:

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I have been trying to complete the pokedex on Shield. I am at 271 out of 400. Around 338 seen.

On Sword I had just beat the 5th Gym so far. Levels range from 34 to 37.

My team consists of:

Leafeon
Barraskewda
Swoobat (going to replace)
Copperajah (used a Guardevoir for fighting gym)
Sir Fetch'd (going to replace)
Cinderace (thinking of replacing with Incineraor or Chandelure)

DarkerShining

Pokémon Sword: Tracked down the staff member Oleana entrusted with the key, chasing him around and fighting him multiple times, with Marnie and Team Yell supporting me. Eventually made it to the station, where Piers managed to get past the staff members by starting up a concert and attracting the attention of passerbies. Hop, Marnie and I headed for the Tower, with Piers eventually catching up. While Marnie and Piers waited outside, Hop and I entered the tower, where we had to fight off several of Macro Cosmos' employees to reach the top. Once we got to the top of Rose Tower, I ended up having to battle Oleana. After our battle, we finally located Leon and Rose, who were having a discussion, with Rose seeming to be in a hurry to accomplish something, while Leon insisted it could at least wait until after the Champion battle. Along with Leon, we returned to the hotel, but Rose still seemed ready to carry out whatever he was planning.

Current team:

Rouge the Cinderace - Level 60
Gene the Obstagoon - Level 55
Ichika the Alcremie - Level 55
Sparky the Boltund - Level 57
Ringo the Flapple - Level 57
Skarv the Cramorant - Level 56

Pokémon Shield: Followed the Macro Cosmos member with the key around, battling him three times, before chasing him down to the station. Piers used his performance to make a path for me and Hop to get to Rose Tower. Battled our way through until we reached the top, and had a battle against Oleana. Saw Leon and Rose's discussion, before heading back to the hotel.

Current team:

Seven the Inteleon - Level 60
Rena the Thievul - Level 57
Rarity the Galarian Rapidash - Level 56
Sparky the Boltund - Level 57
Cinnamon the Appletun - Level 56
Merla the Corviknight - Level 55

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just won my first ranked battle this season, & I was especially excited since it was my first using my recently caught Skuntank in a match & it was against a trainer with a higher rank than me.

I had to rely on my two strongest Pokémon in the beginning (Darmanitan & Centiskorch) to deal with my opponent’s Milotic. Darmanitan managed to chip away at Milotic until the Whirlpool knocked it out, but it was enough for Centiskorch to come in and beat it with a Power Whip. The hardest part was dealing with the trainer’s Dragapult (which was a pokémon I’ve been recently struggling with in most of my ranked battles). Since I anticipated that Centiskorch wasn’t fast enough to take Dragapult down, I decided to spam Fire Lashes at it so that it’s Defense was weak & then my Skuntank could come in and knock it out with a Sucker punch. I was hesitant at first, but my plan worked and Skuntank took Dragapult down easily.

Finally, the match was between Skuntank & my opponent’s Togedemaru, & I was worried since Skuntank has a low Special Defense. We both Dynamaxed and I was originally trying to rely on Max Flare for type effectiveness. Eventually, I stuck to relying on my Dark type attacks and switched to Flamethrower whenever I assumed Togedemaru would set up Spiky Shield. Thankfully, Skuntank came through and was able to beat Togedemaru to win the match!