• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Well, unfortunately I won't be able to participate in the Light and Dark Wild Event, but I can just masuda method breed my Clefable anyways if I really want a Shiny Clefable.

I also finally finished training my Azumarill. But after realizing how much EXP Candy it takes to chug to level 100, I've decided that from now on, I'm going to level my Pokemon first with the re-battlable trainers on the Isle of Armor first before pumping candies into them.

I’m curious how you do your training. It takes on average 35 XL candies to max out my Pokemon after training. Only takes a few full sets of raid dens to recoup

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think I’m going to skip this event since I’m waiting for The Crown Tundra to come out for new additions to my team, but I may try it if the prizes are good.

Anyway, I recently made it into Rank 8 (which is the highest I’ve ever gotten in competitive), though part of the reason was because my opponent rage quit the match. The battle had us constantly rotating our pokémon back & forth, but eventually it ended with my Obstagoon about to take down their D-Max Heat Rotom (who was still asleep) and they surrendered before I could deliver the final blow. Aside from that I’m planning/preparing a future Sinnoh team in case we get DP remakes next year

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I’m curious how you do your training. It takes on average 35 XL candies to max out my Pokemon after training. Only takes a few full sets of raid dens to recoup
I breed all my Pokemon so they start at level 1. I then proceed to EV train them using energy drinks. Originally, I then proceeded to start pumping EXP candies into them right there and then, but this has proven wasteful. Now I wait until I have 5 EV trained babies and level them over at the Isle, then use EXP candies to max them out.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
I breed all my Pokemon so they start at level 1. I then proceed to EV train them using energy drinks. Originally, I then proceeded to start pumping EXP candies into them right there and then, but this has proven wasteful. Now I wait until I have 5 EV trained babies and level them over at the Isle, then use EXP candies to max them out.

Ahh I see. That'd explain why it takes so many for you. I prefer to take some time and train the old fashioned way. Gastrodon, Perrserker, Pelipper ,Thievul, Liepard/Morpeko all on route 9 with Indeedee/Hattrem/Morgrem to cover special attack. I usually hit late 30's in levels by the time I've finished.

WalesNote

Sometimes I wish I liked the game enough to give it another go. It's the only generation I haven't played multiple times.
*Waits for Sinnoh remakes*

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I did happen to finish giving Honey the Watts she needed.

Now I'm trying to filter out Pokemon I don't need. I have a box full of Drampa I might just stick in Home for the time being.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Finally caught my shiny clefable last night on the 3rd session of trying. 5IV missing only sp.def, that's a reasonable basis to work with. Mint and a single bottle cap and it's fine. Think I can happily start on Mario 64 now.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
Got back into SwSh after absolutely rinsing the IoA expansion whilst 'working from home' back in June. Currently hunting the Shiny Clefable from the current event, not long left! One thing I never did back in June was complete the Diglett challenge- I've found 80 so far, so will get attempt to find the rest myself before caving in and looking online...also farming watts/ore whilst awaiting CT.

Phillies

Got back into SwSh after absolutely rinsing the IoA expansion whilst 'working from home' back in June. Currently hunting the Shiny Clefable from the current event, not long left! One thing I never did back in June was complete the Diglett challenge- I've found 80 so far, so will get attempt to find the rest myself before caving in and looking online...also farming watts/ore whilst awaiting CT.

As long as you don't update the wild area news you should be able to hunt the shiny Clefable until you find one. I've done that with the recent Shiny Wailord and Pikachu events.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
As long as you don't update the wild area news you should be able to hunt the shiny Clefable until you find one. I've done that with the recent Shiny Wailord and Pikachu events.

I didnt know that, thank you! I certainly will!

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
4v1 against Leon's Charizard! I Dynamax'd Inteleon but whatever the Dynamax water move is called wasn't enough to defeat Gigantimax Charizard but Charizard's grass move was enough for Inteleon. I went to an almost fainted Rapidash assuming I could out-speed it and win the battle but that was not the case. Left with only Copperajah and Grapploct I elected to use Copperajah only to watch it fall in a single turn. In theory I could have used Grapploct as a sacrifice to heal Inteleon but instead I chose to use Facade. A now not Gigantimaxd Charizard used Fire Blast which took Grapploct down to 17HP and burned it....which only helped Facade knock out Charizard! Never a doubt!!
You know it's funny, throughout the game Leon's Gigantamax Charizard is hyped up to be the most powerful individual Pokemon in the Galar Region, completely perfect and undefeatable, and yet in every Sword or Shield playthrough I've done it's been a complete pushover. The first couple times I played Sword I sent out a Coalossal against it, all it took was one Max Rockfall to knock it out in one hit, and in my most recent save file I had my Inteleon Gigantamaxed and its G-Max Snipe Strike was a one-hit KO as well.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I've been doing hella GTS trading in Pokémon Home in preparation for The Crown Tundra.

In addition to transferring 'mons from Let's Go, I now have all three Legendary Birds, Blacephalon, Lord Helix Omastar, and an adorable Piplup I'm hoping gets access.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Spent some of the evening crossing more hidden ability Pokémon off the list. Down to under 20 now. Picked up a random shiny Porygon Z off a GTS trade for a Florges I had no need for. Basic Pokémon Home package means I got to keep that space usage down!
Just a shame the Pokémon I'm missing from the dex on there can't be traded through the GTS

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Cursola is surprisingly my most strongest Pokemon, after the Cinderace ban, of my latest circus-themed team in ranked battles. It's the most dangerous to most players simply because not one player I've met seem to know what Cursola's stats were. I say this because most players I've encountered often had Charizard on their teams. Cursola has Power Gem. In a battle between two Dynamax Pokemon, Cursola would easily defeat Charizard without any investment in it's special attack. Instead of me investing anything into it's 145 base special attack, I invested in it's 145 special defense and that I think is what surprised some of the players when they often use Special Attack Charizard only to later realize it barely did any damage. Honestly, considering even Hydreigon has great difficulty one-shotting Cursola, I may even consider weakness policy for Cursola.

Luthor

Managed to get a shiny Cramorant by MM hunting. Went significantly better than most of my shiny hunt attempts. Only 283 eggs which is a record for me.

VS

they/she
this happened awhile ago, but after multiple thousands of eggs i FINALLY got a shiny Lotad from an egg. here name is Fine Lily (like finally) and she's a Ludicolo now.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
In further random trading news, wonder box trading threw up a shiny naganadel. Nothing in the home summary suggests hacked either. Hidden ability Pokemon down to only 13 missing now. And 8 natures of imposter ditto. Because gotta collect em all.