• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
After 10 weeks of playing Isle of Armor, I still cannot go through the Forest of Focus without getting lost.

Please tell me I'm not the only one. lol

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After 10 weeks of playing Isle of Armor, I still cannot go through the Forest of Focus without getting lost.

Yeah, I still get a little lost in there a couple of times, which is why it's one of my favorite spots in the Isle of Armor

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just caught a level 60 Gigantamax Grimmsnarl after just one attempt with help. This halloween event is great and G-Max Grimmsnarl is menacing. I'm hoping to find G-Max Gengar next, it can be interpreted like a entrance to a haunted love tunnel (haunted amusement park attraction)

It happens to me sometimes in Glimmwood Tangle and the confusing water route that leads to Spikemuth after Rotom Bike can drive on water.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

I'm offended right now. I was doing a Max Raid Battle with three other trainers online, and one of them commanded their Pokemon to attack mine instead of the Gigantamax Grimmsnarl we were facing!! Have any of you ever encountered a trainer like that?

Golden_Arcanine

If the guy did it once, perhaps. But their Pokemon attacked mine until it fainted!!

What kind of raid battle was it? I've heard of people having high value raid battles and then killing off the rest of the team to spite.

Pokemon Power

What kind of raid battle was it? I've heard of people having high value raid battles and then killing off the rest of the team to spite.
It was online. I was using Gigantamax Single Strike Urshifu, the trainer that nearly botched the Max Raid Battle was using Rapid Strike Urshifu, and the other two trainers we're using Zacian and Croviknight. Their Urshifu had a nickname that ended with ".com". I can't remember the full nickname.

Golden_Arcanine

It was online. I was using Gigantamax Single Strike Urshifu, the trainer that nearly botched the Max Raid Battle was using Rapid Strike Urshifu, and the other two trainers we're using Zacian and Croviknight. Their Urshifu had a nickname that ended with ".com". I can't remember the full nickname.

I meant who was the Raid Boss against.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?

I just shake some berry trees and use them effectively as landmarks, "Oh that tree doesn't have berries on it so I've been here". The wandering Pokemon are also good for this, "Ah there's that Cramorant again, so I need to go this way".

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Started over and now I have Scorbunny as my starter. I have Raboot, Tranquill, Wartortle, Axew (lucky 1st raid (not shiny tho) and Adamant to boot), Meowstic-F, & Pangoro. Raboot is holding a Charcoal, and Tranquill has a Sharp Beak.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I just shake some berry trees and use them effectively as landmarks, "Oh that tree doesn't have berries on it so I've been here". The wandering Pokemon are also good for this, "Ah there's that Cramorant again, so I need to go this way".
I sort of do this but there’s the one section with the two bridges that mess me up all the time. I think it is the camera angle changing that messes me up as you need to rotate it to see the other side of the bridge.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I actually had a pretty good day yesterday. I won my first ranked battle for the new series using both brains and brawn. I had to rely on my Urshifu to win, but my other team did most of heavy lifting by having my Rapidash beat their first pokemon and then my Obstagoon weakened their Azumarill with Baby Doll Eyes. Then I had a wifi max raid battle with my Clobbopus and we managed to beat a shiny HA Dubwoll. Not only did I manage to land the finishing blow, but I was also able to catch it.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
My new Shield/Expansion Pass playthrough is going well, I've done three gyms and I'm up to the last battle with Avery before you get Kubfu. I'm trying out some Pokemon on my team that I've never used before like Toxel, Leafeon and Impidimp (the rest of the team is Charmeleon, Wartortle and Golett), and so far I haven't run into any major problems. The only thing is I haven't been doing as many Max Raids as I normally do, so I don't have as many EXP candies as I would at this point in other playthroughs, so levelling up the team is taking a bit longer. Also because Charmeleon came from outside of this save file, he's levelling up faster than everyone else so I have to routinely store him in the PC until everyone else has caught up.
On the Isle of Armour, I've mostly been focusing on the Alola Diglett side quest, and I've found that the best time to do it is during normal weather at night time, because the Digletts stick out more and are easier to see when the environment has the dark blue tint.

ShadowForce720

I was just heading to a Max Raid den that had a Purple Beam in the water in the Isle of Armor and I wound up encountering a Sharpedo.

And what do you know the very first Sharpedo I encountered to day was a Shiny Sharpedo the funny thing is I wasn’t even looking for it.

I did managed to catch it in a Dive Ball.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just made it back into Rank 7 for this season. I had Urshifu saved for both of my matches in case things got dicey but surprisingly I didn't need it for either of them.

My first opponent rage quit after my Darmanitan crippled their Mudsdale & beat their Dracozolt, and my Corviknight was able to beat my second opponent thanks to its bulk & how I was able to use the max move benefits to my advantage

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I just beat Raihan. My team consists of:

812.png
- DK
836.png
- Ein
130.png
- Athena
435.png
- Daisy
330.png
- Nuuk
863.png
- Ragnar

All of them having been amazing in their own ways, but there is one that has impressed me the most.....that being Ragnar my Perrserker. It hits opponent so hard.
I've always been put off from using Galarian Meowth/Perserker because I really hate their designs, but I have heard a lot of good things about Perserker so I'm tempted to try one out.

I've done pretty much everything in my current Shield/Isle of Armour run, now I'm just killing time until the Crown Tundra launches by going through some tournaments at Wyndon Stadium. My team of Charizard, Leafeon, Grimmsnarl, Blastoise, Golurk, Frosmoth and Toxtricity has been pretty good, Blastoise was the only real weak link and I ended up not using him for most of the playthrough, but he still did well against major opponents like Leon and Mustard.
The last Gigantamax forms I have to register in my Pokemon Home Dex are Corviknight and Orbeetle, but I only have two Max Mushrooms at the moment, so I may spend a day clearing out the Max Raid dens on the Isle of Armour to get enough Mushrooms for those two. Thankfully most of the five-star raids that have been spawning are weaker Pokemon like Emolga and Morpeko. Ponyta is the last Regina trade I haven't done on the Isle of Armour, but for the last few days every time I find Regina she only ever wants Meowth, Marowak or Weezing.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Was organizing my boxes so I had room for the "new" Crown Tundra Pokémon and realized I had over 3 boxes full of Eggs leftover from my attempt at getting Shiny Scorbunny after the Isle of Armor released both HA and GMax Cinderace. The last Egg ended up being a Jolly 6 IV Shiny one. I probably would've left it there lol.