• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have a theory. Victini disperses energies that can increase the chance of victory, right? Well, maybe to get it to appear, you need to do something that requires a lot of victories. Has anyone tried winning the Galarian Star Tournament with every available partner? That could be the key.
Serebii already tried that, and no luck. Odds are, it was just leftover data.

Pokemon Power

Well, maybe you need a certain number of victories to get the chance to fight it. On a related note, it looks like there are spots on the partner selection screen left for three other characters. And Sordward and Shielbert don't join the tournament right away.

KillerDraco

Well, I finished up the Crown Tundra Dex today, which means that I've now caught everything that Sw/Sh has to offer (If you mention Victini I'ma smack you).

As much as people complained about the National Dex situation, I actually found it refreshing to catch everything from scratch... it felt like the last few generations had turned into "Catch the new Pokemon and then transfer all the old ones to complete the 'Dex", which had grown boring. It was a nice change of pace to have the opportunity to start fresh, and still rebuild the collection.

Plus, the Home updates still allowed me to transfer forward my closest and most prized Pokemon from past Generations as well.

I'm pretty satisfied.

ShadowForce720

That doesn’t really make any sense though considering that Victini wasn’t in the coding for the base game. So it’s doubtful that it would be just leftover data and if it was only intended to be transfer only mon then it wouldn’t have been labeled a static encounter.

So chances are there is a trigger that hasn’t been discovered yet that will either allow to catch Victini or will gift it to you. Another possibility is that it might be a case where Gamefreak is planning to activate the trigger for Victini at a certain time.

Kind of like how we had to wait for the Max Raid events to get Gigantamax Snorlax.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I have a theory. Victini disperses energies that can increase the chance of victory, right? Well, maybe to get it to appear, you need to do something that requires a lot of victories. Has anyone tried winning the Galarian Star Tournament with every available partner? That could be the key.
I'm wondering if it might be part of an event similar to the one with Zeraora.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I found my second ever Shiny in Sword and Shield (not including Zeraora) today, a Baltoy in the Dappled Grove while I was chasing Galarian Zapdos across the Wild Area. It has a much nicer colour scheme than the original Baltoy, a paler beige and light blue. I don't know what Shiny Claydol looks like, but I want to be surprised when I evolve it.

KillerDraco

Catching Galarian Zapdos was, naturally, easy.

The other two, however, are a pain in my rear end. The Isle of Armor is twice the size of the Wild Area, and the Crown Tundra is at least three times its size. How the heck am I supposed to find them???

They have fixed spawn points and routes, so it's just a matter of learning their paths and intercepting them.

If you spawn at the Isle of Armor station, you'll immediately see Moltres in front of you. It flies over the water before turning to fly towards the Dojo. You'll want to wait for it around in front of the Dojo for it to stop and engage you.

I believe for Articuno I spawned at the lower slippery slope Taxi spot, at which point it flies up towards the path to the top. However, it has an added gimmick in which case it spawns two doubles of itself and then spins around to mix them up, and you have to approach the real one. If you pick the real one it engages you but if you pick a fake it flies off and you have to find it again.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
They have fixed spawn points and routes, so it's just a matter of learning their paths and intercepting them.

If you spawn at the Isle of Armor station, you'll immediately see Moltres in front of you. It flies over the water before turning to fly towards the Dojo. You'll want to wait for it around in front of the Dojo for it to stop and engage you.

I believe for Articuno I spawned at the lower slippery slope Taxi spot, at which point it flies up towards the path to the top. However, it has an added gimmick in which case it spawns two doubles of itself and then spins around to mix them up, and you have to approach the real one. If you pick the real one it engages you but if you pick a fake it flies off and you have to find it again.

Thanks, mate!

I'm a little apprehensive on the 'fixed path' part, unless that doesn't apply to Zapdos, 'cause I literally chased that thing up and down the Wild Area. lol

I'll check out the other two when I get home.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Catching Galarian Zapdos was, naturally, easy.

The other two, however, are a pain in my rear end. The Isle of Armor is twice the size of the Wild Area, and the Crown Tundra is at least three times its size. How the heck am I supposed to find them???
When I caught my Galarian Moltres, it was flying around the Fields of Honour (the first bit as you walk out of the Flying Taxi station), I ran along the beach and stopped just by the big patch of grass over the bridge and in front of the Master Dojo, and Moltres pretty much met me there.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So Articuno and Moltres have went from hard as f*** to find to hard as f*** to catch. :mad:

It doesn't matter what kind of ball I through at them, they do NOT want to stay inside. Galarian Articuno ended up running out of PP and killing itself with Struggle.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
For Galarian Moltres, I just went the opposite direction it was going, and intercepted it at an island.

Also, Galarian Articuno's illusion trick is a Mario Party level shell game. (Which cup holds the star?)

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
I finally got the Fire Badge, but I have yet to reach the next city, as I do not possess anything strong against a Gigantamax Gengar. Also, I won at the Loto-ID and got a PP UP when expecting the least. Last, but not least, I found where Type outfits that no Gym Leaders have in Shield. I purchased the Steel one, got proud of myself... but it was EXPENSIVE.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
HOLY CRAP!! I just caught an HA Blaziken in a Dynamax Adventure, & I caught it in a Lure Ball becauise of the irony (or whatever)!! I did catch a Heatran a few days ago & I've been debating it on my team (most likely as a reserve), but I think it'll stick with Blaziken instead since it fits my whole roster better, I've wanted to use one for a while, & I easily can see it having a rivalry with my Cinderace!!

Current Team:
  • 815.png
    Beckham (Cinderace)- Lv. 76
  • 852.png
    Benny-Lynch (Clobbopus)- Lv. 71
  • 809.png
    Dinnie (Melmetal)- Lv. 76
  • 295.png
    Dina (Exploud)- Lv. 77
  • 771.png
    Moco (Pyukumuku)- Lv. 32
  • 257.png
    Spencer (Blaziken)- Lv. 65

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Throwing 50 ultra balls at Kaldeo - Not cought, used struggle and die.
Second try - catching it with first pokeball..

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I now have all the legendary dogs they're dogs shut-up.

I also caught Latias, but I'm trading that for a Glastrier.