• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I just discovered something in the game. if you go to the Giant Tree and click on it, it will ask if you would like to shake it. Click yes several times, after the last shake something huge drops from the tree and into a raid den. you are immediately sucked into a Dynamax raid with Greedent. after you defeat it, you are back at the Giant tree and you are rewarded with a ton of rare berries.

Kataphrut

I just got done catching the fourth Regi, I went with Regieleki because he looks cooler, used one of my Master Balls to do so. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get Regidrago since I don't have another version of the game, nor do I have anyone to trade with.

Considering it a problem for another time, I stepped out of the temple and saw a Magmar in the nearby grass, which I still hadn't caught yet. I bumped into it and it turned out to be a shiny! I think that's like the third or fourth shiny I've ever found in my time playing Pokemon (the first was a Snorlax in Fire Red). I caught it, then decided to put it up on GTS for a Regidrago.

Sure enough, a few hours later someone sent me one. Now I've got all five Regis, can go for Regigigas.

Last edited:

Luthor

I completed the Battle tower double battles. There's something quite satisfying about winning double battles with a shiny Slush Rushing Artcozolt bolt beaking things. Especially as this a pokemon that is known for being quite slow.

I'm SO beyond excited. I've been shiny hunting Marill on and off for *years* because I want shiny Azumarill (yellow is my favorite color and I loveee Azumarill's shiny). Last night, I FINALLY hatched a shiny Marill and immediately evolved it and I'm so happy.

It's so wild to me thinking about just how many hunts I've started and completed in the years where Marill was evading me. (Recent finished shiny hunts I forgot to update here about: Bewear, Magnemite, Delibird, and two Galarian Slowpoke to have a shiny of each evolution.)

Now I'm going to probably continue the Lapras hunt I've been doing for a while.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Received a great pokemon trade. Got a Therian Thundurus from Surprise Trade. Didn't want it so i added it to Facebook and later yesterday received a Solgaleo in a Link Trade.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
I picked up a shiny Naganadel from the GTS when I was trying to fill my dex up. It also had pokerus. Didn't realise until I started its training and was confused when the PP usage didn't match the stats screen for EV gain.

Kataphrut

I've only done about four Dynamx Adventures counting Suicune so far, and I'm not sure how much I want to bother with it. It's too much time investment for something so RNG dependent.

Had an encounter with Rayquaza go sour because we ended up with a team of glass cannons that he was able to one-shot, even though we were doing well on damage. We would have won if the Clefairy-user hadn't wasted a turn using Life Dew even though we were all full health. Rayquaza was low, so we probably would have won if he'd gone for a super effective move. This was with people by the way- I won on my next go using AI, though that that was more due to dumb luck- the AI was swapping Pokemon on every round I didn't, and we wouldn't have had a chance if our best damage dealer, a Froslass user had swapped (we'd already lost our second best, a Beartic for a useless Krookorok).

Pokefan_1987

I've only done about four Dynamx Adventures counting Suicune so far, and I'm not sure how much I want to bother with it. It's too much time investment for something so RNG dependent.

Had an encounter with Rayquaza go sour because we ended up with a team of glass cannons that he was able to one-shot, even though we were doing well on damage. We would have won if the Clefairy-user hadn't wasted a turn using Life Dew even though we were all full health. Rayquaza was low, so we probably would have won if he'd gone for a super effective move. This was with people by the way- I won on my next go using AI, though that that was more due to dumb luck- the AI was swapping Pokemon on every round I didn't, and we wouldn't have had a chance if our best damage dealer, a Froslass user had swapped (we'd already lost our second best, a Beartic for a useless Krookorok).
Why is the those trainers in the pokemon series still designed to be incompetent if they aren't main characters. Gamefreak needs to do better for support AI for a better user experience.

Bus

Why is the those trainers in the pokemon series still designed to be incompetent if they aren't main characters. Gamefreak needs to do better for support AI for a better user experience.
Based on my experience last night, I think the AI may be closest to human intelligence than we think. Sometimes people just don't think ahead at all. Like, why would you avoid the Ground pokemon that's clearly an outline of Flygon and instead go for a Crawdaunt (and replace your perfectly good Sceptile) when going up against a Legend you already know is Electric?

Luthor

Managed to get a bit of luck out of Dynamax adventures. My team got knocked out just before they were going to win against Kyurem which while unfortunate meant I could keep the Shiny Gigantamax Duraladon which is cool. Also finished my Matsuda Method shiny hunt of a hoot-hoot which only took 144 eggs. So all in all its been oddly productive in a very short amount of time.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just about finished with the CT Dex.

Gonna go after these footprints afterwards.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Completed the storyline involving Calyrex and the Legendary Birds. Articuno and Moltres didn't cause me too much trouble but Zapdos was a bit tougher breaking out several times before the ball clicked. Also did a few more Dynamax Adventures catching Xerneas, Uxie and Tapu Fini, Xerneas is the only one that needed a few tries due to on my failed attempts the RNG giving one too many Dark and Dragon-types for my liking (all of this was with the AI).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I fought several Cryogonal last night with my underleveled Pyukumuku & it actually beat all of them. Even though it was under level 60, it was able to tank stuff like the Cryogonal’s Solar Beams & outlasted them against Hail thanks to using Soak & Recover. I knew it had bulk but I didn’t think it was going to be that impressive

Update: I made it to the Dyna Tree this morning and fought the Dynamax Greedent. It's surprisingly strong since it took out all of my other pokémon, but my Exploud was able to tank its attacks & beat it with her consecutive Boombursts. I've been raising Exploud's Defense lately to help prepare against threats like Landorus, so I was especially proud to see her hold her own against Greedent like that.

Oh, & I apparently started the Galarian Bird quest too, so I may start that up next before I plant my carrot seeds ;P

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Found a 5 stars level 59 Slurpuff with it's hidden ability in a private Max Raid in Pokemon Sword and caught it. Not strong but Whipped Dream isn't exactly easy to find since you need a lot of BP (Battlepoints) and also need a trusted Trade Partner to send it back.

It has 111 and above in most stats but the speed is low

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Got all the Pikachu Hats in one, so now I have eight lil' Pika's with their liI' hats taking up a lil' space in my storage box.

Lol I'll probably put them in Home.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I caught Uxie, and decided to keep it with a Quirky nature.

It's not ideal, but I didn't want to go through Dynamax Adventures again and again just to get either Calm or Bold.

Besides, I kind of like Quirky nature.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just started the Legendary birds quest and caught Zapdos. Named it 'Meep, Meep'. Working on catching the others next.

I HATE Moltres. It's such a pain to go after. It's that much worse than the old wandering Pokemon, since it can go over water too. Just missed it in an area, due to me not paying attention for a second or so.

Last edited:

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just started the Legendary birds quest and caught Zapdos. Named it 'Meep, Meep'. Working on catching the others next.

I HATE Moltres. It's such a pain to go after. It's that much worse than the old wandering Pokemon, since it can go over water too. Just missed it in an area, due to me not paying attention for a second or so.
The easiest way to get Moltres is to fast travel to the gate of the Isle, walk to the place where the bike lady is, and wait.

Moltres comes to you.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
The easiest way to get Moltres is to fast travel to the gate of the Isle, walk to the place where the bike lady is, and wait.

Moltres comes to you.
Yea found that one out. It showed up when I wasn't hunting for it.