• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Just started the Legendary birds quest and caught Zapdos. Named it 'Meep, Meep'. Working on catching the others next.

I HATE Moltres. It's such a pain to go after. It's that much worse than the old wandering Pokemon, since it can go over water too. Just missed it in an area, due to me not paying attention for a second or so.
Just wait for it near the dojo

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Caught Articuno last night and earlier in the day, caught some shiny Pokemon via raids. Got Calyrex reunited with Glastier, can't battle it until I beat the Elite 4 though... womp, womp. So for now, back to shiny Sandygast hunting.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Caught a shiny Cartoal or whatever the damn it's called, then proceeded to waste a lure ball on a Liepard because I'm as bright as the bottom of the ocean.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I caught a Galarian Zapdos with a mark on the first try. It ended up being a mark I didn’t want, but I decided to keep it because of how rare & lucky of an opportunity this was. I managed to take it down with my Clobbopus & Pyukumuku and caught it in an Quick Ball.

I also made good progress on the Swords of Justice quest since I got 100% on the Virizion footprints & I’m at 86% on the Terrakion footprints. Now I’m debating on whether or not I want to catch & keep any of them

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Spent the last few days catching a bunch of legendary Pokémon. Was able to catch Keldeo after my very first attempt at making curry (honestly not that great of a concept to me). Will be beefing it up to level 100 and getting it EV trained and ready to battle here in the next couple weeks.

Also been mass trading trying to finish the Tundra Dex. Have two Calyrex, Spectrier and of the legendary birds now and still on the hunt for another Regidrago. But yesterday morning was able to finish the Pokédex after a trade for Glastrier. And so this morning I talked to the scientist to have the crown added to my league card where I went and updated the pose to celebrate.

Over the next few weeks I’ll be breeding, training, minting and getting all I can ready for battles.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Out of the three Galarian birds, Articuno was the most annoying to catch up with an initiate the battle. The first time it spawned just outside of Freezington, but while it was doing the spinning double team thing I lost concentration because there was an Obamasnow nearby that aggroed and started chasing me. I then had to follow Articuno all he way across the Giant's Bed and up the mountain to the little grove it stops at near Regice's temple. I saved just before Articuno started spinning, it took a few goes to get it right, but by the time I did run into the real Articuno I was so annoyed that I wasted no time and threw my last Master Ball at it.

I've decided to call it a day on my Shield Expansion Pass playthrough, because I've done everything I wanted to do and registered every Shield exclusive Pokemon into my Home Dex. At the start of December I plan on starting one more Sword playthrough before I say goodbye to the Galar Region, primarily to catch Spectrier, Regidrago, and any Sword Expansion Pass exclusive Pokemon I don't have yet. I'm thinking of running a team that combines some Pokemon I've used in my past playthroughs (like Corviknight and Sandaconda from my first Sword run, Boltund from my first Shield run, and Blastoise from my most recent Shield run), effectively an "All Stars" team, but I may also add some Pokemon I've never used before like Centiskorch and Galarian Slowbro to keep things fresh.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Caught a Shiny Speed Boost Blaziken in Dynamax Adventures. Feels good.

Edit: Also caught a Shiny G-Stunfisk shortly after.

Last edited:

Kataphrut

I've been trying to use GTS to trade out my dupe legendaries for others I haven't got (basically to minimise the amount of time spent doing Dynamax Adventures) and man thanks to Crown Tundra you cannot give Regirock, Registeel and Regice away any more. I've had them up to exchange for some Tapus for three days now, nobody's biting. Naturally everyone's after Regieleki and Regidrago. I really lucked out getting that Shiny Magmar to trade for one early, the market is flooded now.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've been trying to use GTS to trade out my dupe legendaries for others I haven't got (basically to minimise the amount of time spent doing Dynamax Adventures) and man thanks to Crown Tundra you cannot give Regirock, Registeel and Regice away any more. I've had them up to exchange for some Tapus for three days now, nobody's biting. Naturally everyone's after Regieleki and Regidrago. I really lucked out getting that Shiny Magmar to trade for one early, the market is flooded now.
The GTS has become a bit tedious lately, I've had a Magmortar up to trade for Electivire for a couple of days now, and it hasn't been touched. I've also been seeing if I can get the other sizes of Gourgeist through trade, and I swear everyone wants either Regidrago or one of the two Calyrex Steeds. For a Gourgeist.
Out of curiosity I searched for Regieleki and Regidrago on the GTS, there's like two of each on the entire app, and with Regieleki both of the trades were asking for......other Regieleki.

Kataphrut

The GTS has become a bit tedious lately, I've had a Magmortar up to trade for Electivire for a couple of days now, and it hasn't been touched. I've also been seeing if I can get the other sizes of Gourgeist through trade, and I swear everyone wants either Regidrago or one of the two Calyrex Steeds. For a Gourgeist.
Out of curiosity I searched for Regieleki and Regidrago on the GTS, there's like two of each on the entire app, and with Regieleki both of the trades were asking for......other Regieleki.

That's what happens when they're the only Pokemon you have to get by trading now.

I wish there was a way to search for what people are offering. Say if I want to get rid of my duplicate Regirock, I can search what Pokemon other people currently have up that they're willing to trade for one.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
That's what happens when they're the only Pokemon you have to get by trading now.

I wish there was a way to search for what people are offering. Say if I want to get rid of my duplicate Regirock, I can search what Pokemon other people currently have up that they're willing to trade for one.

Tick the box that excludes mythicals and legendaries. Might stand more of a chance of finding a decent trade

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I actually had a great day with battling yesterday. I won a full WiFi battle using my current in-game team and all of my pokemon did a great job though the MVP was definitely my Pyukumuku. First it was able to scare away a Haunter's Perish Song trap using Soak & Toxic, and then it was able to take down a Scizor and win the match thanks to Recover and its Unaware ability. A few of my pokemon still need some training, but it was still good practice for what I need to focus on!

I also did two ranked battles yesterday. I lost the first one but I was so close to taking down two Ultra Beasts using my regular pokemon. I beat a Xurkitree using Rapidash's Hypnosis and Darmanitan's Earthquake & I almost took out a Pheremosa with Rapidash's Max Flare. Pheremosa hung on using a Focus Sash and ended destroying the rest of my team, but as someone who was scared of battling the Ultra Beasts I'm just excited since this proves that they are beatable!

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
That’s the most frustrating thing right now with the GTS. I do have a Ho-oh up for a Regidrago on the off chance but my Tapu Lele for Tapu Bulu has been there for a couple weeks. I’ve also noticed a lot of hacked Regidrago and Regieleki on the GTS and that to me is the worst part of the GTS right now when looking since there will be people who get them, not realize they are hacked and then possibly be banned from online play for using them.

I agree with what someone has posted already with saying that if I have a Mewtwo to offer that I can search for trades where they request a Mewtwo and I can scroll through those offerings to see if it worth the price of it.

But GTS trading isn’t the only thing being bogged down. I have been having a heck of time even finding people to trade with here. In the last 3 months I have traded with only one person (although multiple times) here on the forums.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Wow. That sucks. Especially for anyone who needs anything that might be version exclusive.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I open my eyes to see...nothing. I blink my eyes to try to get my bearings and I can make out in the dim moonlight...broken pillars. Broken pillars on an ancient ruins. An ancient ruins near the top of the tallest mountain in the world...

It is time.

I recognize that voice. And in the distance, bathed in moonlight was a large dragon that seemed to be clad in steel. I approached him and was enveloped in his verdant glow.

"I knew it was you."

Time to move forward. The crown descends, the rider gallops.

Well now. It hasn't been the firsttime I've been given cryptic messages, and it wouldn't be the last. There was just one problem...

"I thought I was to hold the anchor?"

"I can do that", spoke a voice from behind me. I turned around as the figure drew closer. And once I saw the owner of the voice, I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow.

" 'You?' "

The figure smiles. " 'Me'. Or the 'Other You'. Time-space dictates and alternate dimension business can be a little wonky."

"I'm just glad you don't live in a box saying 'The universe is in all of us' ".

The other figure gives a light chuckle. "I'm surprised you're actually taking this pretty well".

I gave a shrug. "I've been chasing a Nightmare to catch it for half a year. Anyway, are you sure about this?"

My other self gives a mock salute. "No worries. I got this."

We bring out both our pocket watches as Dialga nods. A stream of energy slowly flows between the us. And as suddenly as it started, it stopped. Dialga growls a guttural roar.

Now time moves again. I will see you soon.

I give a slight nod as my senses start lifting again. Before I lose consciousness, I smirk as I ask the dragon.

"Do you think we'll get back to Sinnoh again?" I think I heard Dialga snort at that question.

As Arceus accedes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mirai connection atarashii kyou kara hajimeyou, oh oh oh oh!"

I press the button on my RoPhone to put the call on speakers. "Hello".

"Alola!"

Cheerful as ever. Was I like that back in the Alola Region?

"That was quick. Are you ready to do the transfer?"

"The paperwork pretty much worked itself out when you gave me your pass details. I'm ready when you're ready, but are you sure you don't want to have them learn any moves from here?"

Now, that is a thought. In the past that was something to be considered...but with how Galar restrictions on moves were, who knows what will be blocked.

"Nah, it's all right - there's all sorts of restrictions here about them. I'll sort it out here."

"`Kie dokie, then just give me the warp coordinates...". We setup and finish the transfer.

"Mahalo nui."

"`Ayt that, guvnor", he jests at me. "Just make sure to take care of them, all right? Give me a ring when you want to get the others. Man...I sound like Bill...", my friend mumbles as he finishes the call.

As I was organizing the PC box to take a look at the transfers, the port for Poké Ball transportation suddenly starts to activate. After a few moments, a Poké Ball appears and out pops a floating Pokémon in white and yellow. It gives a squeal like cry as it suddenly gave me a hug and did a dancing headstand on my, well, head.

Yeap, you're definitely from Alola.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My, somebody looks pensieve. I haven't seen you look that serious for a very, very long time. Not since Leon stopped wearing his ad-filled cape at least."

I ignore my mom's jabs as she sets up dinner. I grab the Poipole (which my friend named Nuos★) sleeping in my lap and show it to her.

"Mom, he's cute, right?"

"Yesssss...", my mother hesitantly answers, wondering where the conversation was going.

"So, should I evolve him?"

"Hmmmm he evolves?", she wondered as I showed her the Pokédex entry for the draconic evolution. "Well, it's more of the Pokémon's choice," she continues, "but I suppose the trainer does have part to play on it. Why do you want him to evolve, anyway?"

"Well, I want him on my team!"

She hums as she sets down the casserole on the table. "You used to quote that League Master from Sinnoh a while back, after seeing that champion with the Pachirisu. 'Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people.' You could also turn that around. Cute Pokémon. Ugly Pokémon. Those too are perceptions. What's important is how much you care and trust each other, don't you say?"

I take a good look at a sleeping Nuos★ as I absorbed my mom's words. I turn to her and give her a big smile. "Wow, that was a Mr. Miyagi-level, mom."

She ruffled my head and said, " Don't forget who raised you, champ. Now get to eating, Karate Kid-kid."

I decided to take Nuos★ on my journey, and when the Poipole is ready to evolve, I'll still be his partner when he becomes a Naganadel.

TL;DR
- I finally setup a new Pokémon Sword account that can host Shiny Raids, so I don't have to keep my original game on permanent date lockdown (that was really more restrictive than I thought, especially with the pass content).
- With the Crown Tundra update, I can finally move the legendary and mythical Pokémon I have to Gen 8, though some are still left in the the older generation games for various reasons.
- I decide to take the Shiny Poipole into my party, and will probably evolve him into a Naganadel in the future.