• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Finally found a shiny skwovet after lot of searching... 5IV, just missing defence. Adamant nature... With gluttony. And no way to change it to cheek pouch! Guess I'll continue to hunt every time night falls...

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Unfortunately patches can't change an ability from hidden to standard. I'd like to think it an oversight but it's unlikely.
Maybe at some point in the future they’ll update the item to switch them off of their hidden abilities. But right now that’s just baseless speculation.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Maybe at some point in the future they’ll update the item to switch them off of their hidden abilities. But right now that’s just baseless speculation.

Maybe so. But until then, I can keep the event active for as long as I need to so I can find the critter.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Currently training my Exploud & Grapploct so that they're a stronger in competitive battles (or at least can survive more than 1-2 hits). I maxed out their HPs while giving Grapploct max SP.Def & Exploud max Def. I'm also trying to rework Exploud's moveset so that it has more powerful attacks (it currently knows Boomburst, Blizzard, Extrasensory, & Disarming Voice).

On a side note, I never in a million years thought Pyukumuku would slowly become one of my aces. It's the bulkiest pokemon in my entire roster & actually took down a Glastrier last night thanks to Toxic and tanking its attacks (including two Max Knuckles).

Last edited:

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I got my first shiny from Dynamax Adventures! It was a Vikavolt, and shortly after that, I got two more, Lopunny and Bronzong. I EV trained the Vikavolt ( I kept it Simple, with Max Sp.A/Speed) and Lopunny (Max Attack/Speed) and failed to catch Xerneas...again. That raid is frustratingly hard more so with human players than NPCs ironically.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Another night of searching and still no shiny squirrel. The hunt shall continue!

And interestingly, my league card says I've encountered 20 shiny families. I count 19. Love to know which one I've missed!

Edit: a bit of a search suggests it may only refer to those pokemon who appear in the pokedex themselves, each family member counting separately. For which I can count 20... Strange way of doing it I think.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I got my first shiny from Dynamax Adventures! It was a Vikavolt, and shortly after that, I got two more, Lopunny and Bronzong. I EV trained the Vikavolt ( I kept it Simple, with Max Sp.A/Speed) and Lopunny (Max Attack/Speed) and failed to catch Xerneas...again. That raid is frustratingly hard more so with human players than NPCs ironically.
If you think thats bad then wait until you get hit by kyogre with surf and origin beam. these multi-hit moves are a big nuisance. Zygarde is even worse with Thousand Arrows (multi hit and works on Flying Types) and Core Enforcer can do massive damage even without being in 100% Form. Kyogre took me at least 10 tries but Zygarde took me 15 tries. Human players weren't thinking properly and a lot of bad luck. If you don't have all of your lives and (or no fairy types or ice moves/wide guard) before reaching Kyogre and Zygarde... then you're out of luck 95% percent of the time.

Is anyone else tired of Skvowet/Greedent event that give nothing but huge supplies when you're trying to farm exp candies?

what did you guys think. i didn't know why it was appearing since i check the wild area newsletters before starting the game for the last few days.
sorry for the language but i need to vent
Instead those big ugly fat Greedent kept appearing more than usual including dlc islands and you wont get any type of treasure (valuable items, just ridiculous tons of unwanted berries)

In other news finally found a indeede male but how does breeding a male with a ditto actually create a female hatchling? its confusing?

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is anyone else tired of Skvowet/Greedent event that give nothing but huge supplies when you're trying to farm exp candies?
I thought the Skwovet/Greedent event is over

Halkel

Experimentalist
I have absolutely no clue what happened but in a unfortunate online battle against someone with a Soak Intelleon, an odd thing happened. My Aegislash was Soaked, and Dynamaxed as a Water Type. Fake Out hit Aegislash but the next turn, Mach Punch didn't affect it. Then they soaked Aegislash again. Second Turn, Volt Switch on Zekrom was Super Effective, then fourth turn Earth Power was super effective. I dunno why that happened and I haven't been able to recreate it.

EDIT: After several tests, I have come to a conclusion. It appears that form change caused this oddity. When a pokemon changes form, it's type change is neglected, reverting it to the norm for that form. I am assuming this has something to do with the likes of Meloetta, and Castform who do not have the same type associated to its form changes.
After soaking a disguised Mimikyu (since the fog was at Giant's Mirror and not Giant's Cap), I struck it with Soak. After the Disguise broke, it was Ghost Fairy again.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Hey, I'm in the middle of an online Dynamax Adventure. My team is facing a Sneasel, but the battle prompts aren't popping up. Does anyone know what's up?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It’s been 8 days... I have killed what must be hundreds of Pokemon by now... why won’t that damn squirrel shine for me!
Luck and RNG. I hope it shines for you. Can relate on long shiny hunts.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I only ever shiny hunt when I have nothing better to do. Otherwise, it's a waste of time.

Shut up, shiny Shinx is worthy every single second spent on shiny hunting it!!!!!