• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Know what you mean. I've had no luck with it either.

I had one but its's HA. So I shouldn't complain too much in comparison to others. It's just draining to be spending 6/7 hours every night scouring the tundra for raids and them all to reject me.

Luthor

I had one but its's HA. So I shouldn't complain too much in comparison to others. It's just draining to be spending 6/7 hours every night scouring the tundra for raids and them all to reject me.

Well if its any consolation I haven't had a single one show up. Still at least the berries from this event are useful. If I don't get one from this event at least there's that.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Well if its any consolation I haven't had a single one show up. Still at least the berries from this event are useful. If I don't get one from this event at least there's that.

Ouch. I hope one shines for you before the next event of interest starts. I've maxed out the berry count from this. Alongside the exp candies... Rare candies... Dynite ore... I dread to imagine how heavy my characters bag actually is.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
After 1000 raids, (in feeling if not actual) and 12 days... Finally got cheek pouch shiny skwovet... Now to get around to sundays task of duraludon breeding. So glad its over.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Was going to do some breeding for a couple Aerodactyl and also some other rare ball/battle Pokémon projects. Ended up farming BP, bottle caps and mints for some of the legendary Pokémon I have caught such as Moltres (both forms, actually), Rayquaza and others. Managed to catch a shiny Reshiram as well. So hopefully get back to that shortly.

Had a battle against a friend of mine. Decided I was gonna lead with a (sort of) troll lead. Lead with my shiny Articuno using a Mind Reader/Sheer Cold combo. Took out three before it fainted then let the rest of my team finish the job. They definitely did not see that coming.

And this past weekend started the long journey of going back to Sapphire to transfer ribbon-mons through the games. Taking a Latias that will have contest, battle tower and champion ribbons and an Aggron that will have all champion ribbons (using Red’s Legend ribbon as the champ ribbon for HGSS). There are a few others that are coming up as well as some shiny and legendary Pokémon as well. Hope to have it done before Christmas.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
"You know, for an exploratory team member, you sure aren't doing a lot of exploring."

I look up from my RoPhone and look at Prof. Sonia. She has a small frown while leafing a copy of Kalos Vogue. For a professor of an exploratory team, she also likes to read fashion magazines a lot.

Well, I suppose I can't complain. I spent 2 mil on a set of formal duds. At least my Looker ensemble is complete.

I guess she's annoyed that I told her I haven't encountered the Pokémon whose footprints I have found. What I'm not telling her is I HAVE seen them where she tracked them to be; I just haven't actually bumped into and encountered them yet. I have caught two sets of shinies of each of them, and I'm not that keen on spending that much time doing it again. Not yet, anyway.

"I'm deep into trading. Besides, if I'm gone, who's going to make the hazelnut cream coffee?"

She sips her mug and mumbles about too young kids getting too early into trading and about too young kids being darn good coffee artisans. I gave a chuckle as I focus back on my HOME app.

I wasn't kidding though. Right now, I'm investing in legendary Pokémon from the Alola region; I even have a couple of shiny Solgaleo from trading.

I tap on my latest trade. Oh the Solgaleo has a nickname, huh.

Nebby.

My fingers froze as I saw that Steel Lion. Memories of Lillie protecting that Cosmog, hiding him in her bag. Of us playing the Sun and Moon Flutes in the Altar of the Sunne to evolve Cosmoem, then traveling through the Ultra Wormhole to save her mom and the world.

Of that time when Lillie called me to meet her in Mahalo Trail, and I told her that I can't make it because of "Champion stuff", and she knew that I trust her as a trainer and I'm leaving her with Nebby.

And here is another Nebby - from a different dimension, perhaps, but I'm sure that he has had the same experiences as well. And that his trainer has decided to let him go.

I immediately disconnected my HOME from the GTS and connected it my box server.

------------------------------------

I have a slight sniffle from the change in weather, but I'm thinking that Challenge Beach in the Isle of Armor would be the perfect place to train.

After a short detour into Wyndon to nab a Jolly Mint from the Battle Tower, I took another cab to the Tower of Waters then jogged into the waterfront. It's definitely cooler than Alola, but I think this is the closest we can get.

Before taking on the Staryu in the beach I gave the Jolly Mint to Nebby to cheer him up, and then I saw in my Pokédex that his EVs were wonky, so I decided to feed him the berries to reset those too. Finally, I partnered him up with a Tapu Koko so that he would be with a familiar face. I gave them a Power Bracer and a Power Lens, then ran to the first Staryu I saw.

After cleaning the beach of Staryu multiple times (they'll Recover, they'll be fine), I set up camp and then just plopped into the ground. The training made me tired, of course, but my mind was whirling with thoughts. Doubts, to be particular. I remember seeing the frozen Pokémon in Lusamine's inner sanctum - on how she said that we were not so different. Crazed as she was, was she saying a nugget of truth?

I was so deep in my brooding I failed to realize that Nebby had padded to my side and only when he sat down with a little heave did I feel his presence. He then gave me a friendly nuzzle, and gave a short but contented growl. I started to tear up, and I placed my forehead into his, and uttered the words that Lillie told him:

"I'm so glad I got to meet you."

------------------------------------
TL;DR
- Tracked down the three Unovan legend of swords, but not yet encountering them (Sword and Shield soft-reset is rubbish).
- Spent more than 2 million in buying new set of threads, particularly the formal wear ones (and I still haven't bought them all).
- Received a Solgaleo named Nebby from HOME GTS, and decided to train him properly. My Nebby is still back in Alola, but I knew I must give this one a good home.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m currently mark hunting for Regidrago, as well as catch it in a Dream Ball. I haven’t found one with a mark yet, but I’m surprised at how often the Dream Ball actually worked

Luthor

I still haven't updated my raid dens form the shiny Skwovet event as despite having now encountered so many of them not a single a shiny (despite now being at the point where there should be a boost in odds due to number battled as i'm between the 300-400 level). Amusingly while visiting so many raid dens I encountered my first random shiny by accident (a Skorupi I randomly ran into) I've only battled 18. It even had a Cloudy mark.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
I still haven't updated my raid dens form the shiny Skwovet event as despite having now encountered so many of them not a single a shiny (despite now being at the point where there should be a boost in odds due to number battled as i'm between the 300-400 level). Amusingly while visiting so many raid dens I encountered my first random shiny by accident (a Skorupi I randomly ran into) I've only battled 18. It even had a Cloudy mark.

I feel your pain. I hope it will shine soon.

Finally got my zarude code and received it in game. Back to a home dex missing 4 mythicals and no way to get them yet.

Red Line

Racked up 705 wins in the Battle Tower. Even if the Restricted Sparring seems to be more effective in BP farming, I just get joy pumping those numbers up.

Recently caught a shiny Necrozma, Kyurem & Kartana, decommissioning their regular counterparts back to HOME. I'm trying my best to accept the pinkish shades of the shiny DW-Necrozma. Nothing against the colour, just not a good fit. I'd be satisfied if the hue was borrowed from Lunala instead.

Now focused on unlocking all the partners for the Galarian Star Tournament.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Did some wonder trading in home this morning and got a bunch of apriball and beast ball Pokémon that can be added to my list of Pokémon I could breed but probably never will. Did wind up getting a shiny Necrozma in a beast ball as well. Checked everything on it and it is legit so I am pretty excited about that.

While hunting items off the ground throughout my treks in the Tundra and Isle I decided to catch a Volcarona which would be my first non-raid, non-adventure catch in many months and it just so happened to have the uncommon mark. My very first Pokémon with a mark on it.

Fred Garvin

Drone Pilot
Good things come to those who wait?

I’d gotten rather stale with D-Max Adv’s....caught just about everything but not getting any Ultra’s....and Peonia kept telling me about Zygarde only, which defeated me the 10x I’d tried...I swear I thought it might be rigged. 4 strong Pokes with no faints, get past his form change and take him down to a slight sliver, just need 1 more hit...only to have him, in 2 moves, OHK all 4 and blow us out of the den.

So, tried again after a week or so of ignoring Zygarde, and finally caught him. Now have 3 Zygardes. Then Ultras popped up. Then surprise surprise, the Poipole I’ve been after was RIGHT THERE, for free! When moving stuff to Home, noticed a trade had gone through, my Solgaleo for a Regieleki!

GREAT DAY today: Zygarde, Poipole, Regieleki and my Zarude gift. Nice haul.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I swear I thought it might be rigged. 4 strong Pokes with no faints, get past his form change and take him down to a slight sliver, just need 1 more hit...only to have him, in 2 moves, OHK all 4 and blow us out of the den.
Tell me about it. The last time I faced Zygarde I actually almost caught it, I had a pretty good team, including a Hitmonlee with Wide Guard and Hitmontop with Triple Axel, we managed to get Complete Form Zygarde down to an itty bitty sliver of red health, if Hitmontop's Triple Axel had just hit one more time Zygarde would be sitting in my Pokemon Home Legendary box next to Yveltal right now. But it didn't, it stopped after two hits, Hitmonlee did a Close Combat instead of a Wide Guard that didn't do much damage, then we all got deleted by Thousand Arrows.

Fred Garvin

Drone Pilot
...then we all got deleted by Thousand Arrows.

That, and Land’s Wrath....the two moves that drop everyone. Plus, I think most have been getting frustrated and disconnect or rage quit if you get a faint before making it to Zygarde. So many times I end up alone with 3 NPC’s to face Zygarde. When I finally caught him it was a matter of luck (hit first) and we had a Healer who actually knew how to play it, tossing Pollen Puffs every turn. And, of course, 4 real humans playing to the end.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
As I said on other ocasions, I end up lucking having an Abomasnow with Avalanche. It resisted the ground moves and hit powerful 4x super effective avalanches.

Looking back it's a miracle because the people I team up with brough stuff like Suddowodoo and a pokémon weak to ground I can't remember what was.

SerebieNi

Unlike Pokémon Let’s Go, I became more excited when playing Pokemon Sword and Shield. Gym battles take place in cheering arenas; pokémon grow to skyscraper heights; a huge, new “Wild Area” offers a place players can return to over and over to explore. Galar is a region ripe for new adventures.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
SwSh's main advantage over LGPE is that you are allowed to have a team of non-Kanto pokémon :p

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
SwSh's main advantage over LGPE is that you are allowed to have a team of non-Kanto pokémon :p
Also, doesn't LGPE have mandatory motion controls? I see that as an advantage too.

I keep on thinking about getting LGE but I can't stand motion controls.