• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Created this Lati family in Pokemon Camp just like the ending of the 5th Pokémon movie. Of course 1 of the Latias died but his spirit is shown so thats why decided to have 2 of each. The 2 red female Latias's are in the background. (Two of them are Pokemon GO imports.)
133366981_2813546998888996_842670752316141300_o.jpg

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Ouch. I've never understood the resetting raids idea. Think thats a large part of why I have 999 of the exp candies and ores.
Yea it's frustrating. Ah.

Luthor

Missed the Alolan Vulpix shiny event but to be honest not the biggest loss as I'd probably want to breed that with egg moves and hidden ability anyway. Still I've now managed to move over all the legendary Pokemon into a single game including the unevolved ones like Type: Null & Cosmog. The only one i'm missing (not counting mythicals) is Kubfu but I have both its evolved forms and I'll probably set up a new file for that one at some point just to complete the set. Started Matsuda Method hunting for a shiny Unovan Yamask seems to be one of the longer hunts as already reached 630 eggs and yet to arrive.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Got my Kibo Pikachu this morning, and spent most of the day breeding hidden ability mons that I've been meaning to while Surprise trading Dratini Breedjects. I was able to give a decent amount of them away on Discord, but in the end, there were just too many! On the plus side, I got two legendaries that I didn't have, (Ente and Landorous) and a shiny Eevee. I thought it might be hacked, but when I checked it at the Pokemon center it had memories with its previous trainer, it's stats were consistent with being a breedject, (it was 5iv@ lv1) and its name didn't end in ".com" so I'm pretty sure it's legit. Eiether someone is really generous or they traded their shiny one away by mistake. (Which is why my shiny Dratini went in the FURTHEST box away from the ones I was surprise trading. :p)

nel3

Crimson Dragon
played sword today after weeks of not playing, did 5-6 legendary raids and 3 other that i got already. i had time to kill when watching some tv shows that are best you dont give all your attention to... i only need mewtwo and 5 available online from shield

Last edited:

Fred Garvin

Drone Pilot
Finally tackled a huge PITA: Organized my Home boxes and created a Living Dex. My National Dex is at 884, just missing the main Mythical 14 entries. Living Dex is only missing 103 mons, but I should be able to fill that out to just the Mythical 14 pretty quickly. A dozen or so are foreign named mons that need to be replaced with English ones.

Once I get the new Living Dex up to snuff I’ll go through all my surplus mons and probably release or give away most of the extras/multiples. Spring Cleaning early. I connect Home on my iPad, a 12.9 Pro...they sure have an opportunity to make Home a fantastic app for mon storage, trading, organization, etc. Just need to enable more management ability and function. Hopefully as time goes on, they’ll make it better and better. It’d be a shame if they fail to see the possibilities and don’t improve it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just finished the story portion of the Galarian Star Tournament & now it's just battling & leveling up my pokemon for fun. I can now focus on my playthrough of Pokemon Y, but it's weird yet slightly good that I've finally finished Pokemon Sword

My current team is my team from my original playthrough:
  • Cinderace
  • Corviknight
  • Obstagoon
  • Flapple
  • Grapploct
  • Grimmsnarl

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Decided that its time to start a new game on my alt account. My only goal with this account is to farm for legendaries.

Gonna try and get through the game as fast as possible, so I'm just gonna build a pre-wild area team and just blast through the game. Has the FWG core as well as some powerful additional picks.

Scorbunny
G-Zigzagoon
Hoothoot
Magikarp
Grubbin
Seedot

Going with Grubbin instead of Yamper so I have a strong Sp. Attacker. Also I always pick Yamper so its just different altogether. Same with Hoothoot.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I started a Sword file.

After multiple resets, I got a Scorbunny with an alright nature and pretty good stats.

I now have a Rookidee, Nickit, Blipbug, and Caterpie.

I will probably go for Grubbin as well before going for Route 2 Pokemon.

ShadowForce720

I started a Sword file.

After multiple resets, I got a Scorbunny with an alright nature and pretty good stats.

I now have a Rookidee, Nickit, Blipbug, and Caterpie.

I will probably go for Grubbin as well before going for Route 2 Pokemon.

So are you trying to complete the Pokédex?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So are you trying to complete the Pokédex?
I already did so for Shield.

Edit: After venturing in the wild area for a bit, I went back to Wedgehurst to catch that Galarian Slowpoke.

Last edited:

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Decided that its time to start a new game on my alt account. My only goal with this account is to farm for legendaries.

Gonna try and get through the game as fast as possible, so I'm just gonna build a pre-wild area team and just blast through the game. Has the FWG core as well as some powerful additional picks.

Scorbunny
G-Zigzagoon
Hoothoot
Magikarp
Grubbin
Seedot

Going with Grubbin instead of Yamper so I have a strong Sp. Attacker. Also I always pick Yamper so its just different altogether. Same with Hoothoot.
So, I got three badges now. I'm being fairly slow about this cause I have had irl stuff pop up, but anyways;

Raboot
G-Linoone
Noctowl
Gyarados
Charjabug
Eldegoss

Swapped out Seedot for Eldegoss after managing to catch a Modest one on the bridge. Thinking that it's time to hit up Charjabug with a Thunder Stone. If I were to choose the MVP of the team, I'd say its Gyarados. It's super strong and wipes most trainers I come against.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
After erasing the EV’s of a shiny guzzlord I received in a wonder box trade to double check it’s stats for potential hacks, I checked the latest round of trades to see a shiny seedot waiting for me. So that’s now sitting on sword waiting with the other shiny Pokemon while I decide how to train it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I am now fulling around in the Isle of Armor. I will reset for the A. Sandshrew that you get from getting 30 Diglett.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Finally completed my collection of imposter dittos in every nature after getting bored and going hunting for the final six. Tomorrow I shall breed the Pokemon of the week... then decide on the next thing.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My sister got Shield. So I finally have someone in close proximity to do trusted item trades.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I always find people here in case I want to trade items or Pokemon. The people in this forum are very trustable.
I should mention that I meant tradebacks. I do trade here but I generally don't like doing tradebacks here. Apologies.

Ultimately though, it's just a matter of preference either way. Like, I'm sure some people here are comfortable with doing tradebacks here, but for me, I would rather, RATHER much do them with someone that I am fully comfortable with trading with. There are some people here who I trust enough to do those kinds of trades, but they're barely on enough for me to catch them and do those trades. Timezone problems.

Also, that's another thing. Now that my sister has Shield, we have the convenience of time as well, so that's cool. :)