• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In my Sword file, I beat Nessa by setting up Sirfetch'd ahead of time, and then Dynamaxing, essentially trading HP for Defense.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I literally did not know that there was an extra event going on. Rofl

Gonna try and nab a Shiny Tauros. Idk if I will but we'll see.

Edit: OR ILL JUST CATCH A SHINY TAPU KOKO AFTER TWO TRIES LMAO

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I literally did not know that there was an extra event going on. Rofl

Gonna try and nab a Shiny Tauros. Idk if I will but we'll see.

Edit: OR ILL JUST CATCH A SHINY TAPU KOKO AFTER TWO TRIES LMAO
I just got done with my first Tauros raid and was lucky enough to host a shiny on the first try. Never been a collector of shiny Pokémon (only a few exceptions). Hoping you have similar luck.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Night 2 of Taurus raiding. It’s something to do while having to isolate in my bed. Still no shiny yet. See what night 3 brings tomorrow.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Caught a Shiny Absol in a Premier Ball on Go today. Will definitely be transferring that over to my Sword save.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Caught a Shiny Absol in a Premier Ball on Go today. Will definitely be transferring that over to my Sword save.
Ooh very nice

Bred the comfey to fulfil my weekly challenge and saw it trained up. Went back to shiny tauros raiding and in my last set of dens prior to charge running out, found one! Anger point, brave natured and 6 perfect stats. I can work with that.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Caught a Shiny A-Sandlsash yesterday from my Shiny Entei farming.

Not what I was looking for but not unwelcomed. Hell of a lot better than pulling a Shiny Dunsparce or G-Stunfisk, which both I've gotten in previous farming.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I just finished a time consuming task. Transferred up a team of Pokémon that have all the champion ribbons (original Hoenn, Sinnoh, Johto, Kalos, Hoenn, Alola) while 3 of them have ribbons from the battle facilities of the past generations. The Latias of the party has contest ribbons from Generations 3 and 4 and other memorial ribbons for a total of 25. Can’t wait to add Galar champion and Galar Battle Tower ribbons to these Pokémon. Unfortunately Zangoose will have to wait it’s turn to return to the team. But really happy with these Pokémon.

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
I got this hatcher thing that can help with breeding and got a few spare shinies from it! So far, Spiritomb, Torchic, Staryu, G-Zigzagoon, and a few others (most of them loaded with egg moves) have been cranking out like mad. Next up, a Wimpod with egg moves, too lol

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Think I'm gonna switch to using Premier Balls exclusively instead of Dusk Balls.
Dusk Balls just really don't look good and I always have to wait until night to catch things. I'll also be able to utilize some of my shinies from Go if I do this.

This is something I should of done awhile ago but its whatever.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Premiere balls seem to have a low catch rate. Haven't had a ton of luck with them. Quick balls seem to work well early on and Repeat ones have a decent catch rate.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Premier have the same rate as pokeballs as I recall. That was partly why I chose to have legendaries from this generation all caught in them.
Ah. I have more luck with Pokeballs to be honest, but I keep them for lower level raids.

Fred Garvin

Drone Pilot
Premiere balls seem to have a low catch rate. Haven't had a ton of luck with them. Quick balls seem to work well early on and Repeat ones have a decent catch rate.

I tend to use up Premiere Balls on catches I intend to trade or in DA’s on something I might want since I’ve caught everything and the big daddy at the end just vanishes now. They’re free.

When I have an encounter with something I want to catch, I always throw a Quick Ball, first move. Since I’ve completed the Dex’s that charm is working very well for me. I’d estimate, 7/10 times it catches, and 5/7 is a Critical Catch. If the mon breaks free I’ll FS down and catch using whatever ball I want, but always try a Quick before trying to wear it down.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I tend to use up Premiere Balls on catches I intend to trade or in DA’s on something I might want since I’ve caught everything and the big daddy at the end just vanishes now. They’re free.

When I have an encounter with something I want to catch, I always throw a Quick Ball, first move. Since I’ve completed the Dex’s that charm is working very well for me. I’d estimate, 7/10 times it catches, and 5/7 is a Critical Catch. If the mon breaks free I’ll FS down and catch using whatever ball I want, but always try a Quick before trying to wear it down.
Ah.

Yea, same here. Had some great luck with them Ultra balls are ok too.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Accidentally deleted my save data for Sword with lots of good Pokémon on it while attempting to reset Shield. :(
Now doing a Nuzlocke in Shield. At least my copy Shield comes prebundled with the expansion and I already paid for it from Sword. Gonna Wonder Trade my first 6 encounters other than my starter in each game to make it more interesting.

Fred Garvin

Drone Pilot
Accidentally deleted my save data for Sword with lots of good Pokémon on it while attempting to reset Shield. :(

Ouch! Sorry that happened to you.

I keep my mons in Home. I bring down only the ones I’m using or intend to train up for use. If I decide not to use one for a while, I’ll send it “Home” until I need it again.

I used Bank the same way...but if I remember correctly, you could only move forward, not back...ie, if you moved a mon from X/Y to ORAS or S/M, you couldn’t move said mon back down, from say, S/M to X/Y. So, you had to be mindful of that and be sure of what you move, where. I had (still have) groups of boxes setup for X/Y, ORAS, S/M.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
While searching for a Shiny Cramorant, I came across a trainer who had a Shiny Xurkitree in a Dive Ball.

That is such a dope Ball combination. I'm totally gonna try for that in a different save.