• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

TyranatarGojira

Been trying to finish out Restricted Sparring for some BP since I’m having zero luck farming mints. Also needed some more of the choice items. Finished the ice type with A-Ninetales, G-Darmanitan and a shiny Weavile. Weavile hits extremely hard with a choice band boosted Triple Axel I found out and using it as a lead in sparring was such a great decision. Shout out to @Rahus for trading it to me. If I join/host a raid against something weak to ice I’ve just been bringing that since the damage output by it is quite nice.

Also did some wonder trading on Home. Sent out a shiny to see what I get. Nothing spectacular has shown up yet but we’ll see what comes my way.
Yeah, I haven't been getting the ones I really wanted, especially Admant mints. I cashed in the points from my HOME account to get some.
Triple Axel Weavile is just fantastic. Lol
Weavile can get Technician right? Yeah I can see why that would end up hard hitting.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah, I haven't been getting the ones I really wanted, especially Admant mints. I cashed in the points from my HOME account to get some.

Weavile can get Technician right? Yeah I can see why that would end up hard hitting.
I WISH Weavile had Technician.

That would make it even better.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Here's an interesting grab from the GTS- a Friend Ball Calyrex.

I don't think I've ever come across a Calyrex in anything other than an Ultra, Dusk or Master Ball.

Very nice find though.

Bus

Turned the game back on for the first time in a couple of months to do some Shiny Hunting. Nothing from the Raid Den, but the first raid I joined (3 Star Rare/Golden Raid) ended up being a Shiny Eevee with its Hidden Ability! I'm now the proud owner of a Shiny Sylveon with Pixelate; my first Sw/Sh Shiny.

Hoping to expand upon it and get an actual Sw/Sh pokemon to be shiny, but that could be awhile.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The G-Pikachu has Nasty Plot, Surf and its electric Dynamax move paralyzes the entire team.

I... think I'm gonna use my Dracozolt instead.

Edit: Nevermind. It has a Fairy type attack.

This thing is actually kind of tough. Wtf

Edit2: I take it back, this thing is still dog ****. Lmao

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Yesterday turned into Isle of Armor Detour Day.

Nurse Joy wouldn't stop talking about the "Special Pokemon" in Wedgehurst Station. So, thinking Galar Slowpoke was posion Type, I caught a Rolycoly and flew back to fight it. After figuring out it's not posion till it evolves, my whole team ended up in the battle, Trying to avoid Yawn. During my trip, i caught a Buneary as a Surprise Trade gift for someone. Got a Lvl 100 Shiny '.Com' Stakataka in return. Released it immediately, but i got stuck with its probably hacked Masterball. So i caught a Random Shelmet with it and Surprise Traded that as well. Then proceeded to get lost while looking for diglett. Ending up back in the Forest of Focus no matter what direction i went.

and just now realizing i didn't check how many alolan diglett i got, before i left.

Team
Tarzan / Grookey lvl 15
Snowball / Wooloo lvl 13
Scales / Dratini lvl 14

TyranatarGojira

Heresy! Gigantamax Pikachu is the greatest Gigantamax!
Now, now, all Gigantamax are equal. Equally terrible.

So I guess we aren't getting anything more for SWSH, from what was in the morning presents. Or rather what wasn't.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I managed to get that gift Pikachu with Sing today, just a shame that the game won't let me give it my own nickname (I was planning on calling it Lana Del Rey, in reference to the Honest Trailers' name for Jigglypuff in their Pokemon Red and Blue video). But I suppose it's good that it has the Light Ball, so I can breed it with my Home Pikachu and get some Volt Tackle Pichus.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Caught a Shiny Timid Gmax Pikachu in a Level Ball.

Just need an Ability Patch and I can make it good for battles.

Edit: Got an Ability Patch and trained it up. Here's the results:

Gmax Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder
- Draining Kiss
- Surf

Mainly gonna use this only in Raids.

Last edited:

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Trained this week's mewtwo... And threw in a shiny porygon z I've been meaning to do something with. Needed to hit up the restricted sparring for the points for the timid mints so took out the normal and grass types. Maybe about half to go.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Trained a Marowak specifically for the Pikachu raid because I didn’t want my team to end up paralyzed the whole battle.

Marowak @ Thick Club
Lightning Rod
252 Atk, 252 SpD, 4 Def (0 Spd IV)
Stone Edge, Fire Punch, Bonemerang, Curse

Stashed it away in my doubles box where it’ll probably get dusty since I rarely play doubles. But very helpful over the weekend especially when someone else brought storm drain Gastrodon.

Otherwise I had a pretty successful raid weekend. Got myself the shiny Pikachu from the past weeks event. It has the lighting rod ability so I like that. Was also able to catch a shiny Metagross this weekend too but it had its HA which is light metal so disappointed in that. But definitely a great catch and will be training that and applying caps where necessary.

Nabbed myself two singing Pikachu as well and tucked them away into Home and will be stopping near a GameStop sometime this week to get that Toxtricity.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Haven't gotten any Pikachu. But then I just did 4 raids so I could reap the rewards lol

One battle was interesting as the partners brought Rillaboom, Raboot and Lycanroc. At some point the Rillaboom trainer used Earthquake for some reason but I eventually figured it was probably a plan to avoid the chu hitting them and gaining boosts since Rilla revisted some of its attacks and I was using a Pallosand.

It was funny that on two battles the partners let me dynamax. I was like the thid in line but the people before me let me do it.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Starting off in Route 3, i am reminded that even with an NPC's help i will never get more than Milcery Rank on curry. At least, Grookey evolved along the Route. Scales handled most of the Galar Mine with her Waterfall attacks. Only problem was Worker Georgia and her Timburr which Tarzan dealt with. Scales also had some fun with Bede, Dragon Tailing his pokemon in and out of the battle. On the way out of the Mine i almost got run over by that Wild Carkol riding around, but i managed to catch it. Avoided most of the Trainers on Route 4 because i thought my team was already getting over leveled for the gym.

But that didn't matter anyway, because when i reached Turfield i flew back to Isle of Armor for Diglett hunting. Turns out i only had 7 from the first trip. While Diglett hunting i managed to find an igglybuff dynamax. Caught it and then caught a Wild Jigglypuff too. Jigglypuff had a Moonstone, so i have a level 15 Wigglytuff now. After a few hours i ended up with 31 Diglett and a bunch of new alolan friends.

Return to Turfield and find out that i'm not as overleveled as i thought. The gym Trainers were easy, but Milo's Eldegoss was only 1 level below Tarzan. Snowball handled Gossifleur with a Super Potion assist and Tarzan Double Hit Eldegoss into Oblivion after stalling out the Dynamax.

Team
Tarzan / Thwackey lvl 22
Snowball / Wooloo lvl 21
Scales / Dratini lvl 21

Last edited:

Orthographer

Word-Nerd
I'm going to have to try that Pikachu raid, then! I'll be sure to bring either Rhydon or Excadrill to the battle to avoid paralysis. Fortunately, I've trained up several Lv. 100 raiders for this kind of thing.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've decided that I'm no longer going to be collecting any furthur Love Ball Pokemon. I'm just gonna finish my Galar collection and call it a day. So I just need to get Arctovish, Dracovish, Arctozolt, Zacian, Zamazenta, Regidraco, Regieleki, Glastrier, Spectrier and Calyrex in Love Balls, and I am gonna get the rest of those fossils in Love Balls today.

Edit: All fossils in Love Balls! Fully trained (except Sracovish, because it needs an Ability Patch).

Which means... the hardest part has begun. I will have to catch Zacian in my alternative save in a Love Ball..

Last edited: