• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Theoretically someone could have maxed out its stats, get the ribbon, then give it a bunch of berries to “reset” it. Once all of that was done then it was transferred into Home. I highly doubt that this is the case but it is possible.
It also had battle master ribbons and an alolan champion ribbon. At lv 10 that has to be pretty much impossible. I did forget about the berries. Still... The shiny looks like a kanto grimer with mustard on its lip. Amusing enough.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
So yesterday was my birþday and I spent a while continuing Pokémon Shield! I'm now finished wiþ þe Circhester Gym, and have seven Pokémon I'm using, rotating so one's in þe PC at any given time.

Team:
Morgani - Lv.43 Grimmsnarl (Morgrem, Glimwood Tangle) - False Surrender, Spirit Break, Retaliate, Nasty Plot
Millie - Lv.43 Diggersby (Bunnelby, Wild Area) - Bounce, Dig, Double Kick, Quick Attack
Sylvia - Lv.43 Orbeetle (Blipbug, Rt.2) - Struggle Bug, Reflect, Light Screen, Psychic
Sick Bro - Lv.44 Toxtricity (Toxel, Wild Area) - Toxic, Discharge, Hex, Poison Jab
Terror - Lv.44 Corviknight (Corvisquire, Rt.3) - Power Trip, Hone Claws, Steel Wing, Fly
Brody - Lv.44 Drednaw (Chewtle, Rt.2) - Headbutt, Water Gun, Jaw Lock, Rock Tomb
Alexa - Lv.44 Cinderace (Scorbunny, Leon) - Revenge, Agility, Pyro Ball, Quick Attack
This is the strategy I've always used in Sword and Shield too, I like to call it the "Magnificent Seven" strategy. It's a good way of giving yourself more type coverage.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
So, i gave up on Scales/Dratini for this playthrough of Sword. I thought Modest Nature would be fine, i'd just teach it special attacks. Turns out 99% of his moves are Physical attacks. and I'm nowhere near the Special attack Technical Record's or Draco Meteor while at Turffield. It's what i get for using a Surprise Trade pokemon i suppose. Cant replace it either, since i can't get to Crown Tundra this early.

I also spent about a week trying to get a Cramorant early from March's Wild area event. Needed a Water type to protect Tarzan and "Fluffy" Snowball. Swear i found every Dynamax pokemon in the wild area before i found one Cramorant. Then it escapes and runs away. So gave up on that idea as well and caught a temporary Tympole. Zeus will stay on my team until i can get a Cramorant in Bridge Field. Then spent another day leveling Zeus up close to the others.

Got a lot done and nothing at all.

Team
Tarzan / Thwackey lvl 24
Snowball / Wooloo lvl 23
Zeus / Tympole lvl 21

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Decided to get the DLC because I ran out of games to play and the announcement of the new games sparked an interest back into Pokemon.

Just caught Terrakion, so that's about every Pokemon I could capture in the DLC for Sword, outside of trade evolutions, Shield exclusives, and the choice-legendary. The only one I'm missing is Spiritomb, and that's primarily due to not owning NSO at this moment.

I'm trying to figure out if the girl who trades regional versions trade all of them or is restricted by exclusives like Ponyta and Corsola.

I might get the DLC for Shield eventually and speedrun it as much as possible and get Urshifu's other form, Glastrier and Regidrago.

Other than that, I guess I'm done for now. Might do Adventure Raids from time to time, but since they're not included in the dex, I'm not too fussed. I might do a ton of it since I wanna get that last Dojo update done. Missing about a million Watts and Diggin' Ma is garbage in handing over Armorite Ore.

I think I'll get Home next and try forming a living dex and completing the nat dex. But maybe during the summer when I have more time.

Last edited:

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Trained this week's Metagross. Amusingly, still no random encounter shiny from the EV training targets.
Also threw in training the shiny raid tauros from its event last month. Changed its ability to sheer force from anger point. And to fund the nature mint for it, hit up the fairy type sparring test. Just another 8 types to go

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I've recently started a new playthrough of Sword and just wanted to mention something. Last night I beat the first gym, made it to the bridge halfway through Route 5, and saw Hop waiting for me to go any further. Instead of talking to him I decided to turn back and go explore the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra instead. Figure I'll get some training in and will be able to steamroll him whenever I encounter him in the future.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Scored a lv30 Zygarde from GTS and eventually beat down the one from my Shield version to join the Sword one. That's three to cover all the forms ahead of Sundays pokemon of the week update.

Didn't take as many attempts as I feared. Don't think I hit double figures. Sneasel did a good job with triple axel to start and max hailstorm to finish. Good support helped, as well as lucky reflect boost from cheering and light screen from Lilligant.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Wanted to share one more interesting incident from my Sword playthrough. While exploring Galar Mine 2 I encountered some Team Yell members blocking the path. They challenged me to a battle and out of nowhere Hop shows up to act as my partner... so the battle started and I had a Galarian Farfetch'd at the front of my team. I've been trying to evolve him into a Sirfetch'd and saw an opportunity in this battle. I had him continuously use Fury Cutter on all of Hop's Pokemon and then the opponents Pokemon. Luckily Farfetch'd got three Critical Hits and evolved into a Sirfetch'd afterwards.

So Hop has proven useful for one thing, being a punching bag!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just had a ranked battle with a team of mostly legendaries & I was surprised that I was able to beat them with the 3 pokemon I was using.

My team: Grapploct, Pyukumuku, Cinderace
Opponents Team: Grimmsnarl, Eternatus, Buzzwole

My Pyukumuku was definitely the MVP of the match. Thanks to its high defenses, as well as its Poison stall-based movepool (Toxic, Soak, Gastro Acid, Recover), it was able to cripple all of my opponent's pokemon to the point that they could easily be knocked out. Buzzwole eventually beat it, but after Dynamaxing my Grapploct I was able to outlive its multiple Dual Wing Beats until it eventually took itself out between Toxic and its Life Orb. Afterwards, Grapploct and Grimmsnarl both fainted at the same time, while Cinderace was able to take out Eternatus with Zen Headbutt.

Last edited:

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nice little code was released recently which gives out 12 EXP Candy XL and 12 Big Nuggets. ADVENTUREB9F.

I have an excessive amount of the nuggets but I appreciate the freebies nonetheless. Probably gonna use those candies to level up my Love Ball Zamazenta in the future.

Haven't really been playing Sword recently though. Pokemon MD DX has taken my soul and I cannot escape its addictive clutches.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I managed to catch Shiny Lilligant in the most recent Max Raid event today, the fifth Shiny I've caught in Generation 8. While I don't like the washed-out colours as much as the regular Lilligant's green, the pink flower looks nicer than the red one. I named her Cally, which is what I call the calathea plant my Mum gave me as a housewarming present when I moved into my apartment last month.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
After an unusual run of luck, I ended up with 4 shiny Lilligants from the raid event while replenishing my store of exp candies back to maximum. No useful natures but that's why mints exist these days.

Speaking of, bought two jolly using the excess battle points gained from Moxie Heracross leading a fight type team to 20+ victories last week and then a careful mint after it had led a bug type team to the same record this week. Remarkably useful pokemon! So the Zygarde trio I had just finished training didn't have long to wait until they were sorted and stored. Unfortunately E-Speed is a transfer move so they're not ideal but they'll suffice.

Bus

Found my first Shiny in the Tundra's Raid Max Den....but it was Electabuzz which I have multiple of thanks to Pokemon Go. Gonna keep hunting for a Shiny Xurkitree.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Since SwSh competitive is nearly impossible for me to enjoy thanks to Dynamax, I decided to do the Restricted Sparring in the IoA as my final major investment in SwSh. It works since Monotype is my favorite way to play. Going to select a team of 3 for each Type to EV train later today

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Caught my shiny bunny early in the event. I like it when it's the final raid of the night. Positive note for sleeping on. Trained up a Buzzwole and threw in the super shiny Gourgeist, minted them both and went back to raiding to set my various items back to max.