• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Bus

Joined a Gigantamax Venasaur raid and it was Shiny! Unfortunately, having only one chance to catch the thing is way too risky without a Masterball, so I didn't end up catching it. I'm still disappointed and its been a week now.

I'm going to just have to doing Raid Den Shiny Hunts or just hope I happen across one in the wild where I'll have multiple chances to catch it.

EDIT: Going to edit my post so I don't double post. Joined a Raid for Shedinja since I dont have one and it turned out to be shiny! Never would have known if it hadn't sparkled though. I have no idea what the difference is lol.

Last edited:

Bus

After procrastinating forever, I decided to buckle down and go on a catching spree so I can make Shiny Hunting easier on myself. Between Pokemon GO, using the GTS in Pokemon Home, and the relentless catching spree, I'm now only a few pokemon away from completing the 3 Dexes near simultaneously.

EDIT: Finished it today! The Regular Dex and the Isle of armor Dex ended up being finished at the same time! The Crown Tundra just two pokemon hatches after that.

Now begins the shiny hunt in a much easier fashion!

Last edited:

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Grats

I been shiny hunting legendaries out of the Max Raid adventures since I got the 4 shiny regis.

I got Xurkitree, Tornadus, Blacephalon and finally, Solgaleo.

Last one is the first Mascot shiny legend I've hunted that isn't from an event.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Decided I was bored of lurking on the gts for shiny Litwick line so went for my own. Bred a perfect parent to pair with a Chinese ditto I kept for its 0 attack IV. Only a few hours and 143 eggs later, one popped out, perfect in everything but attack. Nature by design too so not a bad start to shiny breeding I think.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Got ANOTHER shiny! This time- a Modest Shiny Lapras with perfect IVs in all except Attack. So basically, all it needs is to be EV trained, leveled, and be given a proper moveset. And max soup.

This time I'll just show the screenshot through a clickable link, cause I don't wanna annoy people.

Shiny Lapras

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Palkia, Lilligant and Litwick taken from the shiny box and trained as special sweepers. No nature mints needed this time, not bad for a random trade and an encounter alongside the hatched candle. Undecided who to make my next hatch target though. Perhaps Grimmsnarl.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Had a Draft going from Turffield to Hammerlocke that disappeared at some point. So instead of trying to remember 3 cities and a wild area worth of info, i started a new Save.

Went with Cocoa the Grookey again, but i have no idea what else to use until Cramorant. Every pokemon game i want to use 90% of the pokedex. Eventually settled on Dusk the Yamper. While leveling him up i caught two more for Surprise Trade. I also found a Sky Attack Rookidee on Route 1. Caught it, but Cramorant plans keep me from using it. Managed to find a Pick up Zigzagoon first try on my way down to Professor Magnolia. Dusk probably could have wiped out Hop's whole team, but i let Cocoa take on Sobble just for 'Starter vs Starter'. For the Surprise trades, after a couple tries, i ended up with a level 1 Ralts and a level 60 Silicobra. Caught a Seedot on the way back for Hops "Catching Challenge" and got a Galarian Meowth for it in Surprise Trade. Now i have 2 Pick up users for awhile.

Team
Cocoa - Grookey lvl 12
Dusk - Yamper lvl 11

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Bred a shiny bulbasaur to complete my kanto starter shiny trio. Took 577 eggs that time. Just a bit longer. Trained it alongside an alolan vulpix, pikachu and omanyte to be shiny special sweepers and filed them. Also trained up an espeon, non shiny this time as well as a second shiny vulpix. Slowly working my way through the shiny box.
Also beat dark, ghost and ground types on sparring. Leaves psychic, rock and steel before I've completed all the types. Not bad going.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well apparently there's a new wild area event with massive spawns of Eiscue and its Shiny variant.

That's cool. Haven't had luck hatching one so I'll take my chance with this instead.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Finally finished Sword with my Mono Normal Team. It was a bittersweet Bc I’m glad I don’t have to go through that anymore but the ending was so underwhelming. I think I caught Eternatus in a Premier Ball. Idk. Idc.

Did the Battle Tower. Got the IV checker, that motivated me to start marking Pokémon with Corresponding IVs; soon I’ll start sorting, trading, releasing. Wanted to start doing some Online Battles but I’ll probably just wait for the remakes. Hopefully Dynamax won’t be a thing there, or.... I could just not ‘Max my Pokes.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Spent a day wandering around the Wild area like i always do when i first arrive. Collected a few Dynamax pokemon for Surprise trade, while i collected all the Items i could find. Apperently Ralts and and Galarian Meowth are pretty popular , because i got a few more after last time. Ended up with a male Chinese Ralts and a Korean Female Ralts, so i dropped them off at the daycare for a bit. Don't have near the Patience to shiny hunt, but i'll try a little. Ended up with a Wishing piece from all the dynamaxing, so i had an experiment. Used it in a den in Bridge Field even though i have no badges. Never seen a Den spawn north of Motostoke before 3 badges. To my surprise, it worked and i ended up with a Mime Jr. Also, Ended up with a 3rd Ralts from a dynamax den at some point as well.

Ended in Motostoke with getting my League Card and Clothes Shopping

Team
Cocoa - Grookey lvl 13
Dusk - Yamper lvl 12

Last edited:

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
After nearly 500 battles and checking a further 100 dens from the other wild areas, finally caught my shiny Eiscue. So glad that search is over now. I can get back to considering how to address the rotom pokemon of the week question now.
In other news, wonder trade on pokemon home gave me a shiny 5IV Adamant Aerodactyl hatchling. I do like those surprises.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started off with another Wild area Detour.
1. Got an Eiscue from the event.
2. Got a Bunnelby for the NPC trade.
3. got my first Ralts egg from the daycare.

Then it was the start of the gym challenge back in Motostoke, Number 666 as usual. Just for fun i let Triangle the Eiscue handle the Team Yell interruption, before i put him into the PC. With Hop's Battle i let Dusk have his moment this time and fight everything. Route 3 i tried to skip as many trainers as possible, so i could level up a Drilbur from the Galar Mine. Cocoa evolved along the way while catching a Klink. Took about an hour to find one Drilbur and luckily it was a pretty decent one. Enter Rufus the Drilbur.

Ralts 'Shiny Hunt' 4 eggs and counting

Team
Cocoa - Thwackey lvl 17
Dusk - Yamper lvl 17
Rufus - Drilbur lvl 15

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Finished marking everyone in my boxes. Decided to start breeding for competitives and shinnies. Was going to do Kangaskhan but ultimately decided on Lapras first.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Caught three Shiny G-Meowth in Luxury Balls.

Gonna train one and put the other two in my Shiny box.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Caught a shiny HA G-Meowth after significantly fewer raids than Eiscue which is pleasing. Not sure whether to hunt a second though. Can't decide whether I'd rather run Steely Spirit or have the boost from Tough Claws instead.
Also bred a sextet of Rotom for training and transforming into the various forms. Thought I'd see if I got the 6 I wanted before one hatched shiny using the foreign ditto I have. Sadly, no shiny.

Edit: caught a second Meowth shortly before midnight reset. Tough claws so both options are open.

Last edited: