• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
LOL i feel so dumb- i JUST learned about masuda method- grinding it now to get shiny eevee :p

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
So far I've yet to locate my shiny frog but I will continue when night falls ingame. Interestingly both the wild area and isle of armor seem to have 4 event dens while the crown tundra only has two. So I'm not helping my chances admittedly but I do need to replenish my dynite ore stocks.

I'll be using daylight hours shortly to breed for Golurk to pass some time. Shouldn't take too long.

Madison M

Got shiny Wartortle, nicknamed him Tortimer, and evolved him to Blastoise.

I also impulsively decided to try and get every berry last night. I got most, and completed my collection today.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
It took a while but I finally got a shiny frog. Took around 1000 dens, most of which I had fought through. Childishly, it was the 69th Politoed encounter.

After that, I put my efforts into shiny breeding a Bagon for the pokemon of the week since I've wanted one for a while and it was a good enough excuse. Took approximately 810 eggs and 4 days of breed work. Got HA and almost perfect stats, just missing HP. That's good enough for me, I can bottle cap it later after all.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Been back to competitive battling lately. Got rusty a little, but managed to find my way to Masters Tier with good streak (37-28; Nr. 1467). Have to say, I'm disappointed that the creativity is long gone. Teams are copy-paste of each other: Landorus, Tapus, UBs and a few fan favorites.

Speaking of legendaries, I finally managed to get myself a Shiny Latios in my 182nd den. Felt like hunting with full odds instead, but it totally worth it.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Teams are copy-paste of each other: Landorus, Tapus, UBs and a few fan favorites.
That’s why I usually don’t do ranked battles. I can only face the same Pokémon so many times in a row before I get bored. I usually battle against friends since they bring more variety of Pokémon than random ranked battles.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
So, two days ago, I completed the National Dex via Home. Thanks to the users on here for helping me get all the Mythicals (at last!) and random people trading me the mons I needed on Home’s GTS. I now have the beautiful Original Form Magearna. At the moment, I’m trying to collect entries for each mon’s forms. Collecting all the Unowns is quite a challenge, but I’ve made significant progress with mons like Deerling, Sawsbuck, and Minior.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Have to say, I'm disappointed that the creativity is long gone. Teams are copy-paste of each other: Landorus, Tapus, UBs and a few fan favorites.

That’s why I usually don’t do ranked battles. I can only face the same Pokémon so many times in a row before I get bored. I usually battle against friends since they bring more variety of Pokémon than random ranked battles.
I have to say that I agree & that's why I liked the earlier seasons of ranked battles too. I always found battles more fun when they have more variety and there's more of a game of chance to the match, since it's similar to how battles in the anime or in-game matches from when I was a kid. I've gotten used to using legendaries, but even then I try not to spam them on my team and only use ones that most players don't use that often like Galarian Zapdos or Regidrago. It's also cathartic whenever a pokemon like my Pyukumuku takes down someone's OP tier or legendary pokemon in a match

Side Note: While I get that it's most likely meant to prepare players for BDSP, I'm not that big a fan of how the current season bans Dynamaxing. I've really gotten used to the mechanic since it added a fun unpredictability factor the metagame was lacking. I also know that all the SWSH haters and Smogon stans are probably jumping for joy right now -_-

Speaking of competitions: I just got a Marshtomp through Pokemon Go & I'm currently training it for the Water Paradise tournament coming up. I'm still trying to figure out how to handle its EVs and movepools though since I'm planning on using an Eviolite rather than evolving it into a Swampert.

Last edited:

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Picked up shiny Copperajah after 113 completed dens and having checked a further 47 over three days. Not bad going, need to replace plenty of dynite ore though.

Decided to mass train a bunch of the shiny pokemon I've caught or picked up in trades, got finishing touches to movesets to take care of and then earning several hundred battle points to change their natures. Had a few patches to buy but that wasn't an issue.

gabric

started breeding for a shiny rufflet last night, and got it this morning, trying for a Galarian Zizagoon next. and throwing in some raid adventures hoping for a shiny zapdos to use in doubles. since i have also recently started actually getting into battling instead of just breeding.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Finished training and giving moves to about 15 shiny pokemon from various raids and started earning battle points for nature mints. Got about 500 in and saw a shiny gourgeist facing me... Pretty cool thing to see. Definitely loving my bug trio though, 26 straight wins is my record with them.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm in the double beat competition with my two Falinks since I wanted the chance to use them. The only problem is that I keep losing every match I'm in even if I don't use them. I tried using some of my best doubles partners and a few of my strongest pokemon in singles, but no matter what I try I can't win a single match

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
My friend recently got back into Shield and I wanted to get in on the action as well, but couldn't decide on what teams to use or what game to play. So I'm playing both! Aiming to complete the Pokedex in both as well thanks to Pokemon HOME and my friend trading with me, taking on a gym at a time before swapping to the next game and trading exclusives/unique stuff I caught at those "checkpoints".

So far it's been pretty fun, albeit rather slow going! I could complete the Pokedex during the postgame but that feels more like a wall to me, whilst capturing as I go is a bit more fun. I'm using the Libero Scorbunny you get via Pokemon HOME on my Sword team since Libero felt like it had less animations for every fight whilst Grassy Surge Grookey would've dragged constantly, so my Grookey is the standard Overgrow one you get from Leon. Sinistea was caught in a raid den and was honestly an exercise in frustration, made slightly amusing by the fact that I caught one in Shield afterwards without really trying to. Eiscue was obtained via an egg another friend traded me, since I wanted to use one but they're not obtainable until the 7th or 8th gym I don't think? Way too late for me, I like my teams completed by the fifth gym at most. All team members have pulled their weight thus far and I'm enjoying using them, although trying to remain on an equal level to the gym leaders is a pain.

So far I've beaten the first gym and gotten up to the first trial on the Isle of Armor. I wanted to unlock the Isle as I went through each story partially because Sword obtains a team member through doing so but also because I want move tutors for my next captures. Nabbing a spare Expert Belt and the Exp. Charm didn't hurt either. I've been obsessed with the Wild Area and raid dens after I learnt your allies scale to your level, but your opponent does not? So I've been using my level 100 Melmetal from Pokemon HOME to clear raid dens and rack up TRs/sellable items/Watts. Caught some cool Pokemon too, it's been a blast! Pokemon Go has been used a lot here too to transfer hard-to-get Pokemon that I'd need to either trade for, are version exclusives, or are just really rare. Stuff like Slurpuff/Aromatisse, Goomy, Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan, Gallade and Gothita. Once I reach Hulbury I can use the Route 5 daycare to breed some version exclusives I couldn't catch two of (i.e. Solosis and Gothita) so both games can access them. Plus I want some egg moves on my next captures in both games.

Sword Team:
811.png
Grohlrilla [20]
Double Hit, Razor Leaf, Screech, Taunt
814.png
Striker [21]
Tackle, Double Kick, Flame Charge, Quick Attack
854.png
Eteaquette [20]
Mega Drain, Astonish, Protect, Shadow Ball

Shield Team:
817.png
Bubbleoseven[20]
Tearful Look, Swift, Water Gun, Water Pulse
822.png
Galahad [20]
Peck, Pluck, Power Trip, Hone Claws
875.png
Noot-Noot [21]
Icy Wind, Tackle, Waterfall, Zen Headbutt

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
My friend recently got back into Shield and I wanted to get in on the action as well, but couldn't decide on what teams to use or what game to play. So I'm playing both! Aiming to complete the Pokedex in both as well thanks to Pokemon HOME and my friend trading with me, taking on a gym at a time before swapping to the next game and trading exclusives/unique stuff I caught at those "checkpoints".

So far it's been pretty fun, albeit rather slow going! I could complete the Pokedex during the postgame but that feels more like a wall to me, whilst capturing as I go is a bit more fun. I'm using the Libero Scorbunny you get via Pokemon HOME on my Sword team since Libero felt like it had less animations for every fight whilst Grassy Surge Grookey would've dragged constantly, so my Grookey is the standard Overgrow one you get from Leon. Sinistea was caught in a raid den and was honestly an exercise in frustration, made slightly amusing by the fact that I caught one in Shield afterwards without really trying to. Eiscue was obtained via an egg another friend traded me, since I wanted to use one but they're not obtainable until the 7th or 8th gym I don't think? Way too late for me, I like my teams completed by the fifth gym at most. All team members have pulled their weight thus far and I'm enjoying using them, although trying to remain on an equal level to the gym leaders is a pain.

So far I've beaten the first gym and gotten up to the first trial on the Isle of Armor. I wanted to unlock the Isle as I went through each story partially because Sword obtains a team member through doing so but also because I want move tutors for my next captures. Nabbing a spare Expert Belt and the Exp. Charm didn't hurt either. I've been obsessed with the Wild Area and raid dens after I learnt your allies scale to your level, but your opponent does not? So I've been using my level 100 Melmetal from Pokemon HOME to clear raid dens and rack up TRs/sellable items/Watts. Caught some cool Pokemon too, it's been a blast! Pokemon Go has been used a lot here too to transfer hard-to-get Pokemon that I'd need to either trade for, are version exclusives, or are just really rare. Stuff like Slurpuff/Aromatisse, Goomy, Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan, Gallade and Gothita. Once I reach Hulbury I can use the Route 5 daycare to breed some version exclusives I couldn't catch two of (i.e. Solosis and Gothita) so both games can access them. Plus I want some egg moves on my next captures in both games.

Sword Team:
811.png
Grohlrilla [20]
Double Hit, Razor Leaf, Screech, Taunt
814.png
Striker [21]
854.png
Eteaquette [20]

Shield Team:
817.png
Bubbleoseven[20]
Tearful Look, Swift, Water Gun, Water Pulse
822.png
Galahad [20]
875.png
Noot-Noot [21]
Just want to say, I love those names.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
First of all - big thank you to the above posters for your kind comments! I find that nicknames are integral to making your Pokemon feel unique and actual members of your team, and I am a sucker for a good pun! Unfortunately the names are not as creative from here on out, but they were difficult Pokemon to nickname so I did the best I could.

Anywho, I've made it past Kabu and completed the third trial of the Isle of Armor with some decent difficulty - when you're trying not to over-level and your team isn't built to counter every type certain trainers are just major pains in the rear. Route 5 brought me 3 new team members - in Sword I caught a Farfetch'd and in Shield I nabbed the free Toxel you get alongside an Applin! Trying to get the right nature on Toxel was a pain but we managed it after a few resets, but what is more interesting was with the other two Pokemon. I decided to spice things up (and make Applin usable) by breeding egg moves onto Farfetch'd and Applin, namely Night Slash on the former and Sucker Punch + Rollout on the latter. Farfetch'd has a rough early game moveset (Brutal Swing is your best move for a while unless you evolve quickly) and Applin is just atrocious. Plus they start at level 1 which means my main team can take a backseat, needed since they were over-levelled by the time I got to Hop.

These new moves allowed me to clear the trainers leading up to Hulbury alongside completing the first two trials on the Isle of Armor - I found Avery to be the scarier threat since Kadabra is nuts in any game you can find one (Sucker Punch on Applin was surprisingly useful for this exact reason), and Klara was the more annoying defensive threat because Farfetch'd can't really break Poison types too well. With them beaten and Max Mushrooms obtained I was able to unlock tutor moves, and wouldn't you know it Applin can learn a decent STAB move here in Grassy Glide whilst Farfetch'd gets an upgrade for Peck in Dual Wingbeat. From there I returned to Hulbury before the third trial to clear Nessa, who was again swept by Farfetch'd and Applin (since Toxel levelled at a reasonable rate whilst for some reason the apple-wyrm has one of the worst experience groups in the game). Turns out Nessa can be a nightmare to beat when you're trying to solo her with an on-level Farfetch'd or Applin, probably should've used my starters to make it easier.

Galar Mine No. 2 was next, wrecking Bede and the Team Yell grunts with whatever Pokemon I was levelling at the time for the Pokedex (teams were boxed outside of Applin and Eiscue to avoid over-levelling for the third trial/Kabu) and actually capturing stuff. Motostoke Outskirts blessed my Shield playthrough with 2 consecutive female Salandits - I remember hunting for one in the Sun/Moon games and taking like 30mins to find a female - before I went and nearly lost to Marnie (Morpeko hits hard but Butterfree has Sleep Powder to hax my way to victory). At this point I headed for Klara/Avery to start the third trial, and holy moly was this a difficult fight. Galarian Slowbro at this point in the game is not an easy Pokemon to take down, and Avery in particular having Psychic Terrain + Kadabra was not a fun combo - no Sucker Punch victory for me there. Luckily both teams pulled through and I unlocked the armor of the Isle of Armor, aka Kubfu! Which for Shield meant nothing but for Sword gave me my fifth team member! I named him Wushu and took both Kubfu around the Isle to develop a bond, before making my way back to Motostoke to beat up Kabu.

Sword struggled more than Shield - Sinistea barely 3HKOed Ninetales with Shadow Ball whilst tanking an Ember + Fire Spin with burns whereas Toxel did the same much more consistently with Rawst Berry + Belch shenanigans, Arcanine was dealt with thanks to some lucky Kubfu crits/dodges whereas Drizzile just 2HKOed with Water Pulse, and whilst Corvisquire tanked GMax Centiskorch's attacks without major issue Farfetch'd was outsped and nearly 0HKOed after the residual damage, but the +1 speed from Max Airstream managed to clinch a win. And with that, I returned to the Meetup Spot and saved. Tune in next time for me clearing probably up to Ballonlea, capturing my sixth team members for both games and getting wrecked by random trainers I forgot about!

Sword Team:
811.png

Grohlrilla [28]
Double Hit, Razor Leaf, Screech, Knock Off
814.png

Striker [29]
854.png

Eteaquette [28]
854.png

Lancelot [28]
Dual Wingbeat, Fury Cutter, Rock Smash, Night Slash
854.png

Wushu [28]
Brick Break, Leer, Aerial Ace, Headbutt

Shield Team:
817.png

Bubbleoseven [28]
Tearful Look, Swift, Sucker Punch, Water Pulse
822.png

Galahad [28]
875.png

Noot-Noot [28]
875.png

Roxie [28]
Nuzzle, Belch, Acid, Tearful Look
875.png

Ladon [28]
Grassy Glide, Astonish, Rollout, Sucker Punch

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Haven't played in 2 months because of Pokemon Snap. But the talk of BDSP got me to come back to SWSH.

Apparently i reset my game at some point in those 2 months because i was back in Postwick picking a starter.

After a couple resets for Natures, I Went with Lola the Scorbunny. During the trip through Route 1 i found a "Sociable" Caterpie and a Brilliant Aura Skwovet with Rollout. After i got Pokeballs from Leon i began my search for a Hoothoot. The search started off with a lot of bug pokemon and eventually a Purrloin. Was gonna settle for keeping Summer the Purrloin on my team temporarily until the Wild Area. But when i went back to route 1 to train him, a Hoothoot turned up. Named her Winter. Winter's Echoed Voice did wonders against everyone on Route 2, Hop included. On the way back i caught a few Magikarp for Hops little "Catching Challenge". Surprise Traded them and ended up with a Zubat and Scyther.

Ended at the Meet-up spot for now. To wait for Weather and decide what pokemon to use.

Team
Lola - Scorbunny lvl 13
Winter - Hoothoot lvl 11

honestly ive given up looking for shinies in max raid battles i have done 100s but all i get is more or the the same pokemon all the time
so a couple of hours ago i tried the method of repeatedly battling the same pokemon and in less than 30 minutes i got a shiny frosmoth

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I hatched an Inner Focus Galarian Darumaka yesterday. Took four attempts using the male Galarian Darmanitan that had Zen Mode and Ditto. The Coalossal given out last week via Mystery Gift helped hatch it. I just need an Ice Stone to evolve it.