• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Finally caught the timid regieleki, catching galar articuno now, its a pain cause of the hail.
Once I learned that there would be hail, I saved one of my Master Balls for Galarian Articuno. And I'm glad I did.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Have kept the Alola starter raids active and saw a shiny Popplio. I decided to throw a net ball at it since it would give me the best chance to catch it but it broke free. Wasn’t expecting a shiny so I didn’t save in front of the den. Now I must live with my failures.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Been waiting for someone else to post.

Started off on Route 5 and caught a Minccino and Farfetch'd for Trades. Added the Daycare Toxel to my party for now, just to evolve it. Was Docile nature so i'll get Amped Toxtricity eventually. Hop battle is always the same, and ends just as easily. After the Minccino Trade for Cottonee, i also evolved it. Of Course, i didn't need it because Amazon swept through the gym, but i try to do all In-game Trades anyway. On the way out of the gym, i fished up an Arrokuda. Then it was back to IoA to find the Farfetch'd Trade Lady. During the Search i managed to find all the Diglett in the Desert area. Along the way i also found the Weezing trade. So i evolved the Koffing i got on Surprise Trade, and now i have Kanto Farfetch'd and Weezing. Managed to make it to 40 Diglett before i went back to Hulbury. Ended up in Galar Mine 2 hunting Wimpod and Shellos. Wimpod turned out to be the easy catch, while Shellos didn't want to stay in a pokeball.

EDIT: Made it all the way to Ballonlea since this post. Lola, Amazon, and Panda evolved along the way. Lola handled Kabu's Gym, Panda and Winter Handled Bea. Added a Hippopotas to the team named Seashell, because i couldnt find a Silicobra. Did all the Trades along the way. Managed to evolve a Galar Yamask.

Team
Lola - Cinderace lvl 39
Winter - Noctowl lvl 38
Amazon - Tsareena lvl 39
Panda - Shiny Pangoro lvl 39
SeaShell - Hippopotas 32

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
So I started a new user on the Switch and started a new quest through Galar. Asked my Echo for a random name for a male and it gave me the name “Grayson”. So I began my journey as Grayson. Leon gave me the choice of starter Pokémon and I successfully resisted the urge to pick Scorbunny and picked Grookey as my starter Pokémon. Caught myself a Rookidee along Route 1 to assist in my journey. After getting my Pokédex I went to the wild area and that’s where I decided to take a different path. I wanted this play through to be fun and not all that challenging so I went straight to the day care where I saved and transferred in some Pokémon and breed up 5 Pokémon I think would make this journey better. So I already have my party of 6 since all the breeding is done and the cool thing is that all 6 are in different balls. Once they were all leveled up through grinding the wild area I took a nice needed rest. Here’s the group so far.

• Grookey (Lv. 14 / Poké Ball)
    • Energy Ball, Mega Punch, Drain Punch, Taunt
  • Litten (Lv. 14 / Beast Ball)
    • Outrage, Flamethrower, Leech Life, Revenge
  • Shinx (Lv. 14 / Fast Ball)
    • Play Rough, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Ice Fang
  • Magikarp (Lv. 14 / Safari Ball)
    • Hydro Pump, Splash
  • G-Ponyta (Lv. 14 / Dream Ball)
    • Psychic, Mystical Fire, Double Kick, Morning Sun
  • A-Vulpix (Lv. 14 / Heal Ball)
    • Dark Pulse, Zen Headbutt, Freeze-Dry, Hypnosis

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Caught a Shiny Zoroark in a Love Ball! Hyped as hell, mates! Got another one that's in a Luxury Ball too. Any others I come across are probably gonna be Luxury Balls too.

TyranatarGojira

Well, I finally got a Zarude through an event! Had to make sure I got one this time by contacting customer service at Pokemon.com.
Still waiting to hear back on Dada Zarude. It's been two weeks since they last contacted me. I should probably bug them again. But I'd better give some thought on what to say.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I heard back on Friday. They provided a Shiny Celebi and Dada Zarude code. Now i just have to figure out which kid gets which code.

TyranatarGojira

They got back to me with codes this morning. So that got done, though it was way more a hassle than it needed to be. I got the suggestion to change my E-Mail this time. I only have the one, so I'm gonna try changing it to that, and if I don't get a newsletter next month, I'll try asking my mother if she minds me getting it forwarded through hers, and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to make another account just for it.

Golden_Arcanine

They got back to me with codes this morning. So that got done, though it was way more a hassle than it needed to be. I got the suggestion to change my E-Mail this time. I only have the one, so I'm gonna try changing it to that, and if I don't get a newsletter next month, I'll try asking my mother if she minds me getting it forwarded through hers, and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to make another account just for it.
FWIW, I use a garbage Yahoo e-mail account and it worked for me.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've been trying to trade off these extra Apriball Pokemon for several months now. Decided to just get rid of them all. Odds are when I get Shining Pearl, I won't come back to Sword for a long time.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I've been trying to trade off these extra Apriball Pokemon for several months now. Decided to just get rid of them all. Odds are when I get Shining Pearl, I won't come back to Sword for a long time.

I'm thinking the same would happen here.

I'm currently still on the Isle of Armor. I think I'm at the last bit, getting sticky honey for Urshifu. I somehow can't get past that Vespiquen. It's statboosts ramp up way too quickly. I only intend to use IoA in IoA and thus I tried leading with Toxapex to get some Toxic damage in, but that doesn't work since it will throw in Max Airstreams and increase its speed. If I start with Lycanroc, it will Max whateverFist my doggo after, but only after Max Rockfall did quite a chunk, but she sweeps me afterwards. I don't want to use a team that's solely a bunch of Lycanroc.

I mean it doesn't matter that her attack will be at +5 by the end of the batlte as long as she doesn't outspeed them and they simply hit their Stone Edge's. That's a pretty safe move to use... innit.. -.-

That being said, I haven't touched the Crown Tundra yet. So I basically have three weeks left to finish up the DLC's (while also watching s2 of Jessica Jones and s3 of DareDevil before Brilliant Diamond hits on the 18th and Hawkeye debuts on Disney+ around the 24th. >.>

Which means I'll multitask.

WJHILE, also still trying to find a shiny Zoroark. I'm not updating the WildArea news until I find one. I mean 1/10 odds if its a 5* Zoroark are just too good to not go for.

NeedsAName

I'm thinking the same would happen here.

I'm currently still on the Isle of Armor. I think I'm at the last bit, getting sticky honey for Urshifu. I somehow can't get past that Vespiquen. It's statboosts ramp up way too quickly. I only intend to use IoA in IoA and thus I tried leading with Toxapex to get some Toxic damage in, but that doesn't work since it will throw in Max Airstreams and increase its speed. If I start with Lycanroc, it will Max whateverFist my doggo after, but only after Max Rockfall did quite a chunk, but she sweeps me afterwards. I don't want to use a team that's solely a bunch of Lycanroc.

I mean it doesn't matter that her attack will be at +5 by the end of the batlte as long as she doesn't outspeed them and they simply hit their Stone Edge's. That's a pretty safe move to use... innit.. -.-

That being said, I haven't touched the Crown Tundra yet. So I basically have three weeks left to finish up the DLC's (while also watching s2 of Jessica Jones and s3 of DareDevil before Brilliant Diamond hits on the 18th and Hawkeye debuts on Disney+ around the 24th. >.>

Which means I'll multitask.

WJHILE, also still trying to find a shiny Zoroark. I'm not updating the WildArea news until I find one. I mean 1/10 odds if its a 5* Zoroark are just too good to not go for.
Hawkeye's looking to be another win for the MCU. If I pick Rowlet in PL:A, I know what I'm naming it.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
You don't realize just how big the Isle of Armor is until you're actively looking for the missing Diglett.

I still have 46 left to find, and my eyes hurt from looking at the ground so much.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The isle isn't big.

It's just that their three strands of hair are too small.

I mean, the entire environment is twice the size of the Wild Area (I checked), so yeah. It's pretty big.

At any rate, looking for those little sh*ts in a vast space filled with puddles and unnecessarily big Lickylicky is pain in the rear. Thank goodness Spell Tags works.

I actually had about 5 Combee surround me at Honeycalm Island, but the Spell Tag kept them from getting closer.

TyranatarGojira

You don't know what a big environment is until you've played Breath of the Wild.