• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Decided to take a break from breeding for a shiny staryu. Instead, raid hunted the shiny Delibird. Got it on the first set of my second night hunting. So pretty happy with that. Went back to staryu and got that after a total of 224 eggs. Natural cure and all bests where it counts. Perfect for training and transferring to diamond when possible.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I'm running around the Wild Area trying to get one of those shiny Delibird and it doesn't appear to be Diamond Dust, but the entirely of the Wild Area is under a snow warning. Dreaming of a White Christmas, anyone?

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
The problem with waiting for home connectivity for BDSP and an unwillingness to run through pearl so soon after beating diamond means boredom is quick to set in. Which is why I decided to make my legend catching Absol a shiny breeding hunt. Not quite the mega I had which was perfect with magic bounce as it's ability but it'll do.

Now I'm considering Altaria as it's always been a favourite. The only question is what moveset to run. Tempted by a dragon dance set at the moment... Maybe with iron tail, earthquake and dragon claw.

Vindicated30.6

Yeah I beat Shield first and transferred everything over to Sword via Home so I got the Shiny Charm before I went Dynamax Adventuring, since I didn't know about the 1 in 25 shiny rate post Shiny Charm during my Shield playthrough. Worked in my favor, since my very first round in Sword netted me a shiny Gigantamax Coalossal! Best place to shiny hunt ever.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Finally started playing the Galarian Star Tournament. It's not too bad!

Even with my Lv. 100 EV-trained teams, the opponents can be pretty tough. Except for my Dragapult. He one shots everything. lol

Vindicated30.6

Ever since Pokemon Amie in Kalos, raising friendship has caused Pokemon to break free of status conditions and even survive things that would normally take a Focus Sash. It's a pretty cool mechanic.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Ever since Pokemon Amie in Kalos, raising friendship has caused Pokemon to break free of status conditions and even survive things that would normally take a Focus Sash. It's a pretty cool mechanic.

I'm well aware.

I just never thought I'd see it survive three in a row. It took two in the same turn and then another in the next turn.

Flamer

Started putting together a team for the International Challenge online competition next month. Been a long time since I've done any battling. My old team was from a good few seasons ago pre-DLC, so needs a major upgrade

Going with Zacian and Yveltal as my two legendary Pokemon. Got a really nice Zacian from the shiny event a few months back, been looking forward to using it. Still fleshing out the rest of the team, but pretty sure I want to use Blastoise as one of my Dynamax Pokemon. Love its Dynamax forme, finally got an animation that actually has its Water attacks coming out of its cannons! Needed quite a few egg moves for the moveset I wanted, so ended up doing a fair bit of hatching to get a Squirtle with Aqua Jet, Fake Out and Water Spout. He's ready to go now, and already got an Incineroar from my old team I can use. So just two slots to fill now

Vindicated30.6

I'm hunting for the shiny GMax Milcery and I have found that the GMax Melmetal makes for a way to leave the rest of my party open to attempt to Masuda a Shiny Torchic. Looking forward to the tournament next weekend! It's my first time doing one in SwSh. My team is Cinderace, Weavile, Rhyperior, Galvantula, Latios and Urshifu. I don't really care how I do, I just want the shiny Galarian birds.

Fred Garvin

Drone Pilot
I took this latest event to finally put together my Alcremie collection, since they're dropping sweets too. Got 2 shiny Milcery while grinding out the 63. Spun up all the variants and still have plenty of sweets left. I think I'll keep one shiny Milcery and spin up the other as a Shiny Rainbow.

Vindicated30.6

I've been hunting shiny Milcery myself. Almost two full boxes, and I have the shiny charm, but nada yet.

Vindicated30.6

I took my 3 up, 3 down beatings to earn my shiny Articuno. The last one paired a Groudon with a Ditto, which copied my Urshifu. Despite spamming Urshifu's triple crit Surging Strike, Groudon was both faster and tankier, especially once Dynamaxed. I don't normally do competitive, but it is sad to see your GMax Cinderace get one shotted.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I got my three battles in yesterday. Did better than I thought. Two wins and one loss. When I battle against friends we do singles 6v6 and allow transfers so i have very few Pokémon that I have that are usable for doubles battles. It actually was refreshing to go back to standard battles after playing Legends exclusively since it released.

Pokemon Power

I competed in the online tournament, but it won't let me obtain my Shiny Galarian Articuno with my "current software". Anybody else having this problem?

Golden_Arcanine

I got my three battles in yesterday. Did better than I thought. Two wins and one loss. When I battle against friends we do singles 6v6 and allow transfers so i have very few Pokémon that I have that are usable for doubles battles. It actually was refreshing to go back to standard battles after playing Legends exclusively since it released.
Same. I put together a patchwork team using Kyogre, Grimsnarl, Dragonite, and someone else and walked away 2-1.

Flamer

Competed in the online tournament over the weekend. Ended up being a very busy weekend, so only managed to squeeze in my 3 battles to get the Shiny Articuno. Little disappointing, as had spent a while putting the team together.

Finished up with a 1-2 record. All three battles were competitive though, the 3rd in particular was a lot of fun. Yveltal ended up 1vs3 after a rough start for me, but managed to KO two of the opponents to leave it one on one with an opposing Yveltal. By this point mine had half its HP compared to the fully fit opponent. I kicked off with a couple of Snarls as the opponent chipped away with Oblivion Wing. Meant that once I switched to Oblivion Winging too, I was dealing more damage and thus regaining more HP than they were each turn. Looked like the battle was heading in my direction, only for the opponent to pivot to using a physical attack, (can't remember which, think it was Foul Play) that ended up KOing my Yveltal. Not sure if they had that in their back pocket the whole time, or if they saw how the Oblivion Wing war was trending and adjusted, but either way was a pretty thrilling battle

Looking forward to the next competition. Zacian and Yveltal seem like a good core, but might need some better support. Blastoise didn't really do much, and think I misused Coalossal as a lead.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Got my three battles in today so I could get my little yellow road runner. To my surprise I went 3-0 on mishmash team of former event Pokémon. I had Charizard, Porygon2, Torkoal, Gastrodon, Amoongus, and Zamazenta which all came from events released to SwSh over the last couple years. So I am pretty impressed with myself there. Hoping everyone else is having success in their battles.

Vindicated30.6

0-3. I'm not a competitive player. More of a living dex style of play. My three battles reminded me of that one tournament in the anime where Ash got to the semifinals against the guy who beat everyone but him with just a Darkrai. Only saw more than my opponent's first double in two of my three.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Finally did it. I've finished finding the last 9 of all 151 diglett's on Isle of Armor. Using a guide to re-check every spot is tedious. Turns out that Stepping Stone Sea, Insular Sea, Honeycalm Sea/Island were the areas i had left along with a area where you can find Tri-Attack.

IT'S FINALLY OVER, THIS IS SO TEDIOUS