• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Marzbar

Wait, where was it confirmed for certain we have no new Eeveelutions? Did they specifically say that? Or are you just going off of the fact no new Eeveelutions were shown during the Camp feature promotion?
If there was one we'd probably know it by now. GF knows Eevee's popularity and the excitement an eeveelution would bring. Clearly they CBF making one. Too busy making Alcremie palette swaps.

Yes I'm just speculating, but that's what this thread is. And they did show every eeveelution in that trailer so when would they show a new one if not now? It's because there isn't one.

KKS-Lapras

If there was one we'd probably know it by now. GF knows Eevee's popularity and the excitement an eeveelution would bring. Clearly they CBF making one. Too busy making Alcremie palette swaps.

Yes I'm just speculating, but that's what this thread is. And they did show every eeveelution in that trailer so when would they show a new one if not now? It's because there isn't one.

They did something similar in Gen 4 though. They featured the at the time 5 known Eeveelutions that already existed. Then Leafeon and Glaceon weren't confirmed until the games were datamined.

Orphalesion

They did something similar in Gen 4 though. They featured the at the time 5 known Eeveelutions that already existed. Then Leafeon and Glaceon weren't confirmed until the games were datamined.

Wasn't that before they started hyping up individual Pokemon in pre-release like they started doing since Gen 6? Also, these days with Eevee kinda being treated as second to only Pikachu by the franchise I find it very likely that if we get a new Eeveelution it would be revealed, and hyped up, before the games are released.
(which can still happen and the prominence given to Eevee and it's evolutions in the latest trailer makes it actually seem more likely to me)

KKS-Lapras

They could also reveal new Eeveelutions just before release so the hype train is really going. I mean the way I see things, the hype dies a bit fast after every trailer. Revealing the Eeveelutions nearer the launch date could be the thing that pushes people to buy.

At this point, my guess is, if there's new Eeveelutions, they'll be shown off with the starter's evolutions. One big hype train.

TRNRLogan

Not to mention we STILL don't the stuff Affleck mentioned about Pikachu.

So It's entirely possible we just haven't seen the new eeveelution

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Nope, sorry. Another boring trailer that revealed nothing we didn't already know from the Affleck leak. Which makes me worry there is nothing more to these games than what's in the Affleck leak. Which will be the worst generation yet. Still almost zero excitement for this game. Curries look slow to make. The graphics of Pokemon waving fans or eating curry is just awful.

In addition to two more likely to be gimmicky single stage crap Pokemon in a ghost kettle and mentally handicapped seagull, we also now know:

- No new Eeveelutions
- No Galarian form Sudowoodo

But hey, at least we can get a green Irish Alcremie right?
The Affleck leak specifically mentions how he misses /a lot/ of information and tells he could've told more if he wanted to.

On a different topic, I'm convinced the leaker is either a tester or part of Marketing Team. What he leaked, are exactly what we are getting. We must've gotten the entire Sword and Shield promotion-cycle schedule and we didn't know until now.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
The Affleck leak specifically mentions how he misses /a lot/ of information and tells he could've told more if he wanted to.

On a different topic, I'm convinced the leaker is either a tester or part of Marketing Team. What he leaked, are exactly what we are getting. We must've gotten the entire Sword and Shield promotion-cycle schedule and we didn't know until now.
Maybe as far as characters or features go, but not Pokemon, since there are several that are missing from that leak. Alcremie, Rolycoly, Dureladon, Obstagoon, and Polteageist were never mentioned in the leak. Not to mention he never mentioned Galarian Weezing or Zigzagoon/Linoone. Or Gigantamax Alcremie, Corviknight, or Drednaw.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Maybe as far as characters or features go, but not Pokemon, since there are several that are missing from that leak. Alcremie, Rolycoly, Dureladon, Obstagoon, and Polteageist were never mentioned in the leak. Not to mention he never mentioned Galarian Weezing or Zigzagoon/Linoone. Or Gigantamax Alcremie, Corviknight, or Drednaw.
If every Pokémon would be listed, it'd be an instant lawsuit as it'd be much easier to narrow the employee list down. Now, I assume people can get away with it for not revealing everything or would be hard to track down in case if it was told to someone with just a few parts from story, characters and Pokémon combined.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm fairly sure one of the leaks talked about the curry thing. Was it the "Affleck" one?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I'm fairly sure one of the leaks talked about the curry thing. Was it the "Affleck" one?
It was.

So far the only missing things are Eternatus, two Gym Leaders, Gigantamax forms, Regional Form of Meowth, and Sirfetch'd.

Edit: There is also the Chipmunks which haven't been officially revealed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Why even add Pokémon in the Direct, if they didn't show a lot of interesting stuff. Will these starters stay unevolved?

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Why even add Pokémon in the Direct, if they didn't show a lot of interesting stuff. Will these starters stay unevolved?
Starter evo's have always been revealed 1 month before release, it is not that time yet.

The nintendo direct also isn't tailored to your exact needs, so unfortunately, you'll have to accept that there will be things you personally may not care about will be shown off.

SurrealistSmeargle

Mostly because, if they didn't include it in the Direct, people would say the exact same thing. "Why wasn't pokemon there? Oh no, does this mean there's nothing to reveal?" The September Direct in 2016 didn't show huge amounts for Sun/Moon either, as I recall, just Alolan Ratatta and Snorlax's Z-move (and the associated Event Munchlax), so given the mechanics reveal of camping, curry-making, etc, we arguably got more info than we'd usually expect.

Does any1 else think we might get a Pokemon company trailer next week?
It's possible. Sun and Moon had a trailer shortly after its September direct, revealing a few more new pokemon, and some mechanics-y stuff (the time displacement between versions, Gladion, the existance of Ultra Beasts, version exclusive Totems). Given that some of these beats have been hit already by trailers, and we arguably got more from the direct that might have been expected, it's unclear if we should expect a new trailer super soon, but it's tough to predict these things.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Mostly because, if they didn't include it in the Direct, people would say the exact same thing. "Why wasn't pokemon there? Oh no, does this mean there's nothing to reveal?" The September Direct in 2016 didn't show huge amounts for Sun/Moon either, as I recall, just Alolan Ratatta and Snorlax's Z-move (and the associated Event Munchlax), so given the mechanics reveal of camping, curry-making, etc, we arguably got more info than we'd usually expect.

It's possible. Sun and Moon had a trailer shortly after its September direct, revealing a few more new pokemon, and some mechanics-y stuff (the time displacement between versions, Gladion, the existance of Ultra Beasts, version exclusive Totems). Given that some of these beats have been hit already by trailers, and we arguably got more from the direct that might have been expected, it's unclear if we should expect a new trailer super soon, but it's tough to predict these things.
Do u remember how much time after the 2016 direct the trailer was released?

SurrealistSmeargle

Do u remember how much time after the 2016 direct the trailer was released?
It was 5 days. The Direct was on 1st, the trailer dropped on 6th.
In case you find this useful in the future, you can actually look this up yourself. If you go to the bottom right corner of Serebii's homepage, you can go to Archived News, and look through all the front-page-updates for each month of previous years. Then you can easily see what info we got, and when, for previous reveal-cycles.