1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by WishIhadaManafi5, Jun 1, 2019.

1. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

Got it thank you! Somehow I missed that

2. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

The Switch DOES have a bunch of major releases in its 2019 season, such as Tetris 99, Super Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Astral Chain, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, and Dragon Quest XI S: Shadows of an Elusive Age. All of those have been very popular on the Switch or have been neck-and-neck or outdoing Pokémon Sword and Shield on various wishlist surveys. Overwatch also has the potential to be a killer app on the Switch too, but it's too soon to know how big the hype is over that.

As a fan of Masquerain, I was very delighted to see those major bumps to its Special Attack and Speed.

I remember encountering peolpe who were AGHAST that I would plan my teams out ahead of time, before the Pokémon games even come out, and were baffled as to why I was absorbing spoilers to easily and readily. That was when I realized there are plenty who want to go into these Pokémon games blind and figure out what their teams will be as they play them.

Yeah, I genuinely was expecting a Ghost/Fairy combination with Polteageist, since the Fairy-type is often (but not always) associated with urban areas and human culture, especially those that blend into human civilization (such as both of your examples above, as well as the Swirlix line, Mimikyu, Galarian Weezing, and Magearna).

I was also thinking of the long-awaited Ghost/Normal, since it's also combined with something very mundane and everyday.

Which is itself another thing that the diehard fans complained about but wound up selling well because there are lots of people outside of the diehard fans who are looking for other things. Portability is a major factor; they don't care that there wouldn't be Joy-Cons built into it.

It's just like the Nintendo 2DS, which had fans complaining that the biggest thing about the 3DS was removed.

TRNRLogan and wolf jani like this.
  3. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Kid from Pallet Town

So I’m guessing the latest trailer didn’t open up any possible new leaks? Just further added credence to the Affleck Leak?

4. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

would someone be willing to link me to the source of this "Affleck" leak you all keep talking about?

janejane6178 and wolf jani like this.
  5. wolf jani

wolf jani #ScorbunnySquad

janejane6178 likes this.
  6. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

I think that the released info already covered most of it.
    To be honest, I am not content that this leak is true, cuz it only mentions regional evolutions/ G-max forms for only Kantonian Pokemon. Meowth already had an Alolan forms. Why does it need ANOTHER regional form(and region evo in addition to that) AND G-max? It's really really too much.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  7. anjunajake

anjunajake you were the sun & moon to me

Sorry but there's absoloutly no reason to doubt this leak at this point, It may not be be what you want, but this is probably the only legit leak we've gotten up to this point. You can pretty much count on it all being true. They're never going to stop giving special treatment to gen 1.

Keep in mind he did say there was a lot he was leaving out.
    Plus we've already gotten regional evolutions and G-Max forms for non Kantonian Pokemon too. so that's deff happening.

Lion Demon, TRNRLogan and wolf jani like this.
  8. janejane6178

I dont doubt this leak, I meant that I know its true but Im not fond of it

wolf jani likes this.
  9. anjunajake

anjunajake you were the sun & moon to me

Ohhh, I see. Apologies. I'm sure he left a lot out, based on the fact not all news that has been released thus far has been in the Affleck leak. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come that you will be fond of. He probably leaked the gen 1 info cause he knew that's what most people would have been interested in hearing about.

janejane6178 and wolf jani like this.
  10. janejane6178

I hope you are right. Do u think he might leak again? =]

wolf jani likes this.
  11. axelme

axelme Well-Known Member

I confess im hoping for a harry potter referance. A school with 4 mascot pokemon. A raven, snake badger and gryphon. Harry potter is one of the biggest book series ever. Frankly, i think not having a nod to harry potter is a big missed opportunity unless they had to ask permission and werent allowed. They could even have broom pokemon to fly on and a snitch pokemon .

I just think it could be fun. Its one of my biggest hopes once i heard it was based in london. That and a deer or elk, big ben and tea.

12. axelme

axelme Well-Known Member

Oh crap, i posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry everyone

J. D. Guy likes this.
  13. Bus

Bus Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that leak directly says that it wasn't everything and he didn't get too far, so I'm sure there's plenty more. I still wouldn't expect more than 90 new pokemon though. Regional differences & Evolutions will probably just barely put the new pokemon count over 100; that'd be my guess.

TRNRLogan, PokeMon2.0 and wolf jani like this.
  14. SpiritSkye

SpiritSkye #ShieldGang

Spider-Phoenix and wolf jani like this.
  15. janejane6178

wolf jani likes this.
  16. Kingudora

Kingudora My favourite

Probably not. They were most likely a play-tester that has since gotten laid off, or at least no longer access to the games.

The leak always felt a bit of a 'grab bag' to me, not going through anything in particular detail. I assume this was because they just tried remembering things of the top of their head after playing, not having any notes or so to fall back on.

TRNRLogan, Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  17. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

The Affleck leak makes the sting of gyms returning go away. :) They are in reality a gym/trial hybrid with really neat aesthetics and a cool uniform to wear.

J. D. Guy and wolf jani like this.
  18. So far everything from the Affleck leak has been proven except:
    -Eternatus
    -The two chipmunks
    -Galarian Meowth
    -Gigantamax Pikachu, Meowth, and Lapras
    -Sirfetched

19. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Also, Gym Leaders Kabu and Opal.

20. janejane6178

More info please.
    Well, I hope they reveal things that arent on this list, so it will be a suprise..

wolf jani likes this.