1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by WishIhadaManafi5, Jun 1, 2019.

1. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

So just had a random thought about the whole Alcremie flavors thing, specially in light of the vivillon comparison.

We are totally gonna have an event one that is for Christmas that's Alcremie Candy Cane flavor right?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  2. Kangaflora

Kangaflora Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie, if Farfetch'd does indeed get a brand new evolved form in Sirfetch'd, then I for one will welcome this, as Farfetch'd is WELL due an Evolution.

anjunajake, J. D. Guy and wolf jani like this.
  3. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Of course they will.

wolf jani and janejane6178 like this.
  4. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Kid from Pallet Town

It just occurred to me: on that riddler picture post, there is a picture of a black giant (not the Eternatus picture but below that and above the starters, next to the Loch Ness monster). Perhaps that is a riddle towards the Pokémon on the docks.[​IMG] [​IMG]

wolf jani and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  5. A couple of weeks ago I came up with an idea which, now that I think of it, could explain the statues in that picture: Trolls.

What I was thinking was there could be a Troll Pokemon that changes form to become part Rock-type during the day (since trolls turn to stone in sunlight). Earlier today I saw someone else mention the same thing on Reddit except referencing Gargoyles (which also turn to stone in sunlight). Maybe that could be what the statues are: Either Troll or Gargoyle Pokemon that are active at night and turn to stone in the daylight.

6. aa_623

aa_623 Well-Known Member

Ooo I like that idea. Maybe the day form has higher defenses and lower speed with the rock type. It would make gameplay more interesting and feel more interactive with the actual world. It's like back with Black & White with the seasons, I wish there were other pokemon who were affected other than Deerling and Sawsbuck and that it was more than just an aesthetic change. It would've been cool to have "seasonal evolutions", like certain evolutional forms can only occur during that season starting on the solstices or equinoxes. Kinda like day/night evolutions but for longer periods of time. A day/night form would be cool.

7. RileyXY1

That riddle leak contains no hints towards Polteageist (that tea container resembles an elephant and is thus more related to the unknown Pokemon that Chairman Rose sent out in the trailer that revealed him) so it can probably be thrown out.

8. aa_623

aa_623 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that "leak" always seemed fake. Most of the images seem to reference other leaks/rumors and it was made after we got the trailer with Chairman Rose so it hasn't confirmed anything.

9. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

On the other hand, I would like to see more Mimikyu forms. The girl wearing the Eevee kigurumi would suggest that Mimikyu may have an Eevee cloak this time around.

Typically, there are severe punsishments for violating an NDA. Of course, they can't put the violaters in prison or anything like that, and apparently, some of these guys are crazy enough to take whatever punishments await them for leaking information.

Farfetch'd is based on a Japanese idiom. A "duck carrying a leek" refers to a convenient surprise. Duck, as food in Japan, is commonly served with leek, so a duck carrying a leek is basically a full meal all together. As Farfetch'd has been hunted and eaten to near-extinction, it would follow that Farfetch'd is an intentionally weak Pokémon because it's one that's easy to defeat, kill, and cook. Otherwise, it wouldn't be so convenient.

A mechanic like that would create problems with multiplayer battling, since there would either be no consistency on what form that Pokémon takes, or it would restrict people who want to battle with it to battle only during certain hours of the day. (On the other hand, a Pokémon that changes form in response to sunlight, like Castform or Cherrim; and maybe to moves like Moonlight, would be nice to have.)

That being said, I do suspect that Impidimp will evolve into something based on a gargoyle. Not sure if it'd be something resembling those figures in the port town though.

PokeMon2.0, wolf jani and alella85 like this.
  10. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Kid from Pallet Town

I think the riddle leak is real, as it seems to have predicted Galarian Weezing and Morpeko. Furthermore, on the picture is a penguin with a magic hat and if one goes back to the pokejobs trailer, when it shows the book store, you can see something on one of the books that looks like a some kind of bird Pokémon with a bow tie and a wand in the snow.

11. RileyXY1

However, it did not hint at Polteageist at all and was not made until after the trailer that revealed Chairman Rose was shown.

wolf jani and janejane6178 like this.
  12. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Also, why use riddles? Why not just tell the news?

13. RileyXY1

A leaker who used riddles during SM's prerelease period was very credible, so now you've got these fake riddle rumors that are trying to imitate that one.

TRNRLogan and wolf jani like this.
  14. janejane6178

But why did he use riddles in the first place?

15. RileyXY1

It was just his style anyways.

TRNRLogan, wolf jani and janejane6178 like this.
  16. janejane6178

Well I would rather that the information was delivered in the normal way

17. paipr_christian

I mean.... We don't know that. Technically this Riddler could have been referring more so to the tea pot than the elephant. It is curious that they would go with that image vs just a regular tea pot. But then again.... Riddles arent always the most straightforward of things.

Plus we technically still have no idea what Rose sends out. We are just assuming based on our perception of it's body shape.

18. RileyXY1

However, based on the vague outline we can see of it, I can tell that it is not Polteageist that Rose sends out.

wolf jani likes this.
  19. paipr_christian

I didn't say it was. I'm saying we don't know what the elephant teapot is referencing. And we don't know for sure if what Rose throws out is an elephant. what we do know is there's a teapot and there's a Pokemon that's based on a teapot.

PokeMon2.0 and wolf jani like this.
  20. Beloberto

Beloberto Bug Catcher

Why a leak (the riddle one or not) would have to specifically mention Polteageist to be real? It's not like any of those supposed leaks intends to be an exhaustive reveal of the galar dex.