1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by WishIhadaManafi5, Jun 1, 2019.

1. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Well-Known Member

Pre-XY era is the infamous 'Emulator' era (NO$GBA, DesMuMe, etc.), which you could run the game on the launch date similar to how the early-copy owner leaks all files on internet for datamining. Nowadays, it works private and is only sent to reliable hackers to avoid rapidly-increasing Nintendo lawsuits.

The issue is: A. The option is illegal, despite it wasn't a serious offense. B. Almost all Generation IV and V Dex were released prior to the game, thus there wasn't a lot to explore IG except the story itself.

Ignition, Mr.Fiend and wolf jani like this.
  2. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

There is absolutely no chance of that happening. Most because companies don't want to break their contract agreement with nintendo. There's also a good amount security around the demos

Mr.Fiend likes this.
  3. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko 23 Days Until SwSh!!! :D

Iirc there are people who got the games early in the past and rapidly uploaded their "early access" gameplay to YouTube. It was so much fun to watch those videos in the last days while I waited and they raised the hype. :D

4. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

I wouldn't expect early access or previews to happen until november

Dragalge and wolf jani like this.
  5. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

Has CoroCoro revealed anything regarding anything Pokemon related since SuMo? I don't think it's given us anything.

6. wolf jani

wolf jani Nobutasu

There was the naming contest for Japanese name of Steel Beam. But other than that. There isn't anything

7. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

They've revealed stuff but it's all been late. Pokemon company has mostly shifted their releasing of information to youtube

Mr.Fiend and wolf jani like this.
  8. SpiritSkye

SpiritSkye #ShieldGang

As I said, we shouldn’t discuss the leak in other threads, so I’m replying here.

They never specified, but I think, considering all the fallout from the dex cut, the leaker may have learned about it somehow and decided to leak in retaliation. But really, we don’t know. They said they’d post more but I don’t think they have, perhaps if they do they’ll say why.

wolf jani and catzeye like this.
  9. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

I think that's possible, but it's also possible that they weren't allowed to go past a certain point and were upset about that.

10. Kingudora

Kingudora My favourite

I think it is more likely they got laid off/fired, and that's the reason why they didn't get further in the game and why they were upset.

11. Dragalge

Dragalge Naganadel

That’s hilarious to see them get upset over something that was obviously going to get them fired! You had one awesome job and you blew it over something that won’t be remembered much after 2019!

NovaBrunswick and wolf jani like this.
  12. Kingudora

Kingudora My favourite

What I meant is that they probably decided to leak the game after they got fired, perhaps as "retaliation". But yes, they are still in a lot of trouble since the NDA would still apply even after losing their job.

13. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

Agreed. I've signed a few in the past: The paper work basicly states that unless the knowledge is already public, you don't speak about it. Talking about it could result in Legal proceedings.

I alpha tested a game for a while. I pushed the boat abit, but if I never saw it on a Public Demo feed or a pre-release Screen shot I never commented about it.

14. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

People are vocal about both. Hell, the same people are vocal about both.

I myself, who loves a good datamine, was rather critical of the amount of pokemon Game Freak revealed with Sun & Moon. It actually ruined the datamine for me, as there were only a handful of pokemon I hadn't seen, notably Dewpider, Araquanid, Mareanie, and Toxapex.

I also hated that they revealed the Aether Foundation, as it TOTALLY spoiled who the main villain was. Like, come on. Who didn't know it was Lusamine?

All, in all, I am the type who looks forward to datamines. Thus, while I am totally annoyed by the lack of SWSH information, I know this datamine is gonna be bomb as f***.

15. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Kid from Pallet Town

Come November, I’ll probably avoid the internet (other than the main Serebii site) like the plague to avoid spoilers and unrevealed Pokémon that get leaked by someone who gets the game early. It’ll be a tough 15 days, as I always find myself trying to see stuff because I’m so excited, even though I know I’ll enjoy the experience more if I wait til launch.

16. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

Random thought....

I hope they sneak a new Pokemon reveal into that Dynamax website. Like they wait a bit knowing folks will look into the coding and after they feel ok sneak one in. Then someone uses it and suddenly finds a Pokemon we haven't seen yet.

17. DannyDark

DannyDark The Earthquake Maker

I hope the same!
    And, I don' think there's really any chance of this, but, I also considered if they'd preemptively swapped all the names around of the models.. the ones that were looked into and leaked.. so there could be a new Pokemon in there under the name of an already revealed one. But, like I said, I don't think it likely at all.

AgentKallus, PokeMon2.0 and wolf jani like this.
  18. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

The trailers and datamining are actually what kind of spoiled Sun & Moon for me. It's just TMI - too much information. Back in the Red & Blue days, we didn't know that Giovanni was the last Gym Leader and Blue (Gary) was the Champion until the very end, as Pokémon was a new thing back in the 90s and no one really knew what it was all about.

19. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Time to get spooky! Staff Member Moderator

So much that. It's why I'm a fan of any significant spoiler being under a spoiler tag. It's not a perfect solution, but it's something.

TRNRLogan likes this.
  20. Dicklaycia

Dicklaycia Objectively Better Than You

I’m really bad about spoiling myself for things like this. I can’t wait to find out, so I decide to look it up for myself! I can’t wait for more leaks as a result. I like to have an idea of what Pokémon I am going to plan on using before I pick up a game. I don’t like going into things unprepared or totally blind.

Chaser36 and wolf jani like this.