• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
There’s one about there being 90 Pokémon, but I don’t think it’s true due to Impidimp evolving into an incubus or succubus.

PokeMon2.0

Here’s a different one or two. Suggests 97 Pokémon, one lines up with the riddle which has been proven to be true.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
There’s one about there being 90 Pokémon, but I don’t think it’s true due to Impidimp evolving into an incubus or succubus.
I've seen that leak before. If that's the one I'm thinking of, it piggybacks off the leaked codename information way too hard, and that sounds like way too many non-legendary Dragon types to be introduced in a single generation (seriously, Zoroark becoming Fairy/Dragon??). There's also no way anyone is going to have information on potential Let's Go Johto games at this point. That alone suggests that one is fake.

Here’s a different one or two. Suggests 97 Pokémon, one lines up with the riddle which has been proven to be true.
Last leak in that video is fake. Suggests Morpeko has an evolution.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The trailers and datamining are actually what kind of spoiled Sun & Moon for me. It's just TMI - too much information. Back in the Red & Blue days, we didn't know that Giovanni was the last Gym Leader and Blue (Gary) was the Champion until the very end, as Pokémon was a new thing back in the 90s and no one really knew what it was all about.

I guess since my first game was Silver, and I never had the experience of discovering Giovanni was the gym leader or Blue being Champion, the desire to eschew information never fell on me.

Still, I never like story spoilers, and I hate it when people post them online. Once I see the full roster of pokemon for Sword & Shield, I'll be staying off Twitter and YouTube let's be real I'm not staying off YouTube until November 15.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
After how small the number of new Pokémon was in gen 6/7, I really doubt we’ll get much for this generation either. If we get more than the Alola games, I’ll be (pleasantly) surprised.

Now, tradition has it that the even-numbered gens are smaller in roster size than odd-numbered gens. However, Game Freak has been largely breaking with tradition in recent years, I'm maintaining my stand on expecting the unexpected.

Also, another thing to note is that the constitutions of 'generations' completely changed with Gen 7. It was the first time a gen's roster was spread out across multiple main series games. I also expect this to potentially return in Gen 8.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I'm going to be "optimistic" and say there's going to be around around the same nuber as Kalos and Alola. Like 70-90. Especially given that, with the codename stuff, we already know about the existence of 40 Pokemon, and that's before factoring in stuff that's probably there but isn't confirmed like regional bug, pseudo legends, and fossils and we're assuming Impidimp is not the pseudo.

We also need to factor in that there are types that haven't been represented yet. As of yet, we don't have any new Bug, Ground, Ice, Poison, or Psychic types revealed in Galar. Unless you believe that some of the Pokemon revealed evolve into some of those types, but I don't that's likely except maybe for Sobble evolving into a Water/Psychic type and Grookey evolving into Grass/Ground type.

ShadowForce720

I've seen that leak before. If that's the one I'm thinking of, it piggybacks off the leaked codename information way too hard, and that sounds like way too many non-legendary Dragon types to be introduced in a single generation (seriously, Zoroark becoming Fairy/Dragon??). There's also no way anyone is going to have information on potential Let's Go Johto games at this point. That alone suggests that one is fake.

Last leak in that video is fake. Suggests Morpeko has an evolution.

Not that I'm saying that rumor is real but to be fair before we knew about a regional variant being introduce in Sun and Moon could you honestly say you expected Exeggutor out of all things to get a regional variant and replace it's psychic typing with Dragon becoming a Grass/Dragon type. As for too many non-legendary dragon, if you don't count Ultra Beast Sun and Moon gave us Alolan Exeggutor, Drampa, Turtonator, and Jangmo-o line, while if you don't count Mega Evolutions X&Y gave us Dragalge, Tyrunt line, Goomy line, and Noibat line. So if we can have 4 non-legendary dragon type lines in X&Y and Sun and Moon I don't see how having 5 in Sword and Shield would be unrealistic.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Come November, I’ll probably avoid the internet (other than the main Serebii site) like the plague to avoid spoilers and unrevealed Pokémon that get leaked by someone who gets the game early. It’ll be a tough 15 days, as I always find myself trying to see stuff because I’m so excited, even though I know I’ll enjoy the experience more if I wait til launch.
I’ll be doing something similar. I’ve never been able to avoid spoilers because of how much I rely on social media as a coping tool and people refusing to tag things, but I plan to try to take a break starting on the 1st of October because I want to avoid the Starter evos, and I’ve got a lot to do in October so it’ll be easier to stay off social media since I’ll be so busy.

If the next trailer doesn’t cover them I might come back, but I know having more to discover myself would increase my enjoyment, so I’m kind of torn on what I want to do. It largely comes down to how well I cope while away.

I still think they’ll show Shield’s counterpart to Sirfetch’d before the next trailer, but if they don’t I probably won’t know what it was until after I beat the game and look up the version exclusives :shrug: assuming I don’t come back after October’s trailer.

Is anyone else gonna be attempting a hiatus to avoid spoilers, I wonder :thinking emoji:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
If I had to guess how many new Pokémon there will be, I’d say around 75-80. Less than Alola, but more than Kalos.

On the topic of “what’s everyone gonna do when the datamine apocalypse happens?”... I’m definitely gonna look at the full Dex (except for legendaries), but avoid story related spoilers. With that said, I’ll probably still visit the same sites I usually do. I’ll just make sure to be cautious when doing so.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
All I ask is that someone posts the full roster here, so I don't have to go on Twitter to see it.

I know some asshole is going to post story spoilers all over the freakin' website.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Wouldn't doubt it. But it would be great if that were under tags, as some people want to be unspoiled. People can choose to read them or choose to avoid them that way.

Yea I hate when people do that.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I'm hoping for 70 ish new Pokemon at the very least, it would be a shame if it's any lower than that. I'm also praying they don't pad out the new line-up with too many Legendaries and Mythicals. Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus and maybe two or three more (new roaming trio?) is all that's really needed.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I think the amount of new pokemon in gen 7 would have been a good amount if it was for so many of them being legendaries, mythicals and ultra beasts. Not that I hated the gen 7 legends etc but I'd have rathered more standard pokemon.

I'm hoping that there's no more than 9 legends/mythicals this gen unless we gets tonnes of new pokemon (which I sadly doubt)

On the topic of “what’s everyone gonna do when the datamine apocalypse happens?”... I’m definitely gonna look at the full Dex (except for legendaries), but avoid story related spoilers. With that said, I’ll probably still visit the same sites I usually do. I’ll just make sure to be cautious when doing so.

Same TBH.

PokeMon2.0

When the datamine comes I’ll look at the Dex, music, and route encounters. Also about the characters too.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yeah, if a datamine happens again, I'll check out the Pokemon but avoid plot spoilers, like I always do when they happn.