• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
All 26 forms of Unknown say hi

That would actually require Unown to be legible. lol

But you get my point. When have we ever seen flat out legible English on a pokemon, or anywhere for that matter in a Pokémon game?

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
That would actually require Unown to be legible. lol

But you get my point. When have we ever seen flat out legible English on a pokemon, or anywhere for that matter in a Pokémon game?

Third generation PokeMarts have the word Mart on the outside. Gyms in that same generation have Gym written on the side.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
It's essentially a version of what TV Tropes calls Early Installment Weirdness, and more specifically, Earth Drift, in which a long-spanning work has changes early on that remain changed. Lisa Simpson becomes less of a brat in Season 2 and stays that way. Only the first Smash Bros. game lacks side special moves. Batman originally freely shot and killed people.

Earth Drift, meanwhile, is when a franchise's setting begins closer to how the real world is like, then becomes its own fantasy world later on and abandons connections to the real world. Pokémon once had signs and sprites in Japanese and in English. In addition to the Unown and Poké Mart examples above, you also have the "P" on Machoke's belt. Stuff like this gets retconned later, like Lt. Surge's title being changed from "The Lightning American" to "The Lightning Lieutenant."

Pokémon's not the only franchise to do this, really. Star Wars: A New Hope had English text and Arabic numerals on machines and equipment, which was eventually phased out by the time of Return of the Jedi.
This new information, especially that there are 7 unrevealed Pokemon on the first route, has gotten me worried that they are going to frontload all the new Pokemon (putting them all towards the beginning of the game, Legendaries excluded).

Better they're frontloaded than backloaded. That way, they are way more likely to actually be on people's teams going through the game.

Except then why aren't they allowed to say what they were then. Because when you look at when they say that they encountered seven different pokemon but then say that they can't say any of the creatures aside from Yamper that would imply that the other pokemon are either new pokemon or are Galarian forms that aren't ready to be revealed yet. I mean when you look at it would seem pretty weird that if it was just all older pokemon that weren't Galarian forms then why keep them hidden here not have the reporters be allowed to say anything about it.

Now maybe it's a case of where it's Yamper and then 6 new pokemon or Galarian forms that we haven't seen yet, but if the 6 are Ledyba, Spinarak, Weedle, Sentret, Bidoof, and Spearow and none of them have Galarian forms then I would have to question as to why the reporters wouldn't be allowed to mention them. So sure while it may not specify at that the pokemon they encountered were knew pokemon at the same time I think it rather likely that they are new pokemon or Galarian forms because there is really no reason to prevent the reporters from mentioning them otherwise.

It is possible they were not allowed to speak of any Pokémon that hadn't already been confirmed, regardless of generation, and were given a list of what they were allowed to speak of. Alternately, they may have not played some of the Pokémon games or are otherwise not that big of fans of the franchise and mistook previous generation Pokémon for new. I've had a couple of conversations about Sun and Moon, for instance, since it doesn't have a National Pokédex and thus no context for how long a Pokémon has been around, in which someone mistook a returning Pokémon for a new one because they skipped a generation or few and weren't aware of them until then.

if the forest area that we enter is the foggy forest near our home town, could the pre-evolved form of Polteageist not be amongst these early seven?

also from the quote itself, it is clear that Yamper is one of them.

Ghost-types have never been made available that early. The earliest we've ever had Ghost-types was in Sun and Moon (and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon), where you can catch Ghost-types at Hau'oli Cemetary, shortly before the first trial.

It's not the "lack" of news that's dissapointing, but rather, the execution of how the news has been revealed.

The 24 hour livestream of Galarian Ponyta is dumb. The sudden reveal of Galarian Weezing and Zigzagoon family was smart.

The 24-hour livestream was meant to emulate nature cams, trail cams, and other such instances of cameras being placed into the wild, far from human civilization, and left running for anyone to tune in to watch and drop out at any time. For the most part, they really are as devoid of activity as the one showing Galarian Ponyta, though there usually isn't a single individual that stays near the camera for that long. (It's especially so at the start, when animals know a human had been around for a while and can smell human on the camera).

I'm wondering if the gym in Motostoke is actually a rock type gym. I know that sound really typical and basic since we've had that as the starting gym in like 4 out of 7 gens. But one thing I'm wondering is that we sign up for the pokemon league there and maybe it's like in Kanto and although its technically the first gym we see but is maybe the last gym we face. That would be cool. Also Motostoke is a city built on coal mining, it being a fire gym doesn't really make sense and believe on the map there is a big coal mine outside the city

Would be interesting if Rock is the type faced last, but Rock has been the type designed to ease players into exploiting weaknesses and resistances since the start.

That is because 'fans' are a group of different people who want different things, so of course it's hard to please the whole group when different people want different (sometimes opposing) things.

Yep. No further do you have to look than horror movie fans, who want more of their favorite characters--villains in particular--doing what they do best, with no social commentary to get in the way. Non-fans, meanwhile, want the exact opposite, with stories of new characters, new bad guys, and preferably some social commentary. The Babadook was very much disliked among horror fans when it was new, for instance, but it was well-liked by general movie fans.

Personally, I got the impression Corviknight was our 3-stage regional bird from the start. I think the bird depicted on Professor Magnolia’s cane is one of his pre evolutions. And given that Polteageist’s coding says “teacup”, I think it’s preevolution will just be a teacup. Alcremie, I stand with you on. Idk how that thing can have a pre evolution.

There are many Pokémon that look small and young and innocent but have already evolved. The Fairy-type, in particular, gets a lot of this. Slurpuff, Ribombee, Wigglytuff, and Whimsicott give off, to some degree or another, a basic Pokémon vibe, but they're all fully evolved.

I can totally imagine it to be a cupcake pokemon. I have never think Alcremie as a 1st stage Pokemon from the moment I saw it after all.

This fanart is exactly how I imagine Alcreamie line will be (with or without the 3rd stage):
Yc367b8
https://imgur.com/Yc367b8

Heh, I see this artist wants there to be a Gardevoir counterpart in Generation VIII. (Not that there isn't precedent, as Tsareena always gave me Gardevoir-esque vibes.)

Lucky3

I always got the feeling that Kabu's gym was gonna be Fire and in the steampunk city. It just feels right alongside Grass and Water. But I think that's probably going to be the second gym since that's how the Affleck leaker ordered them and Grass->Fire->Water have always been the dex order of starters.

EDIT: Actually scratch that, Affleck puts Kabu third.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
New leak: https://yuki.la/vp/40387761

Next Wednesday 23rd we are supposedly getting:
- Wooloo’s evolution Shreep (normal/ghost)
- Regional Bug: Wormandise -> Huskpod -> Beeheemoth (Bug/Dark)
- Galarian Pachirisu (Electric/Fire)
I'm just gonna say, I don't think Normal/Ghost is likely. Normal/Ice is more an adaptation to colder weather than Normal/Ghost.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Beeheemoth sounds amazing but it's probably fake.
I think the name is way too close to sounding like Beheeyem. There’s no way GF would create a namethat sounds so similar to an already existing Pokémon if they aren’t connected by Evolution.

Noy

yeah, I'm going to say, wooloo evolving into a ghost type seems strange. fighting, dark, or steel is more normal for a battle induced evolution.

Seriously though, becoming a ghost type due to fear, is essentially saying it's evolution "kills" it.

I'd more likely to believe that Venomoth gets a Galarian form that reassemble behemoth though.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I think the name is way too close to sounding like Beheeyem. There’s no way GF would create a namethat sounds so similar to an already existing Pokémon if they aren’t connected by Evolution.

Um, just pointing this out but we have a pokemon called Zorua and that didn't stop or prevent us from getting a pokemon called Zeraora despite how similar their names sound. So I don't think that just because Beeheemoth happens to sound similar to Beheeyem that it necessarily means that it couldn't happen.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Serperior and Rhyperior are now sad tbh.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Gonna have to call fake on this one, solely because we just had a trailer last Wednesday and GF doesn’t seem to want to do weekly reveals.

Mhov

What are the odds one of the early reviews leaks the new pokemon they saw?

Very, very small. Previewers had to sign an NDA and they say GF was very careful about what can and cannot be made public. Breaking the NDA would have severe consequences for the previewer and potentially the company they work for.

Leaks will most likely happen roughly two to three weeks from now, whenever stores receive their physical copies.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I really hope we will get some leaks early November. Around October 28 I hope for some new Espada Above Ressurection forms in Bleach: Brave Souls which will keep me interested for few days.

So a datamine early November seems like the best and most logical time:)

SurrealistSmeargle

Gonna have to call fake on this one, solely because we just had a trailer last Wednesday and GF doesn’t seem to want to do weekly reveals.
Interesting week to take this position, given we just had 2 trailers on consecutive Wednesdays, even if the first one did have a pre-amble. I'm not expecting a trailer on Wednesday per-say, but it wouldn't surprise me if we got a trailer a week until release date.

axelme

i dont see this as very likely. it wouldnt make any sense for wooloo to become a ghost type.
that last name soundsto fake to be believable although it does seem like we're due for another moth.
galar pachirisu?. nope. i suppose it could be likely but we already have a hamster and 2 other squirrels. odds are low they'd have a galar pachirisu...unless one of those shadowed pokemon we know of that we've seen is galar pachirisu..though i hope not