• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Saddlers_End

Am I the only one that prefers the physical copies of games?
I also really like physical copies. Same goes for when I purchase books. However, for some games, I do like the ease of digital copies. I'll be getting Sword digitally and my friend owes me some money, so he is getting me a physical copy of Shield. Should potentially make switching between games for trading and things a little easier.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I quite do, actually. I'm only going digitally because it's my only available method of playing in the morning day one.

Speaking of which, download complete.

EEEEEEEE! :D

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I also really like physical copies. Same goes for when I purchase books. However, for some games, I do like the ease of digital copies. I'll be getting Sword digitally and my friend owes me some money, so he is getting me a physical copy of Shield. Should potentially make switching between games for trading and things a little easier.
I like both digital and Physical games. I don’t have much of a preference right now with the Switch. On the 3DS I liked physical games only because I have two 3DS systems and could use the same cart on bot( systems as needed.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Bus

I prefer physical copies, but I was debating going digital. Mainly because I'm a lazy SOB and would rather just keep one cartridge in the system and just choose what game I want to play from the loading screen instead of having to take it out, put it away, take out the game I want to play, open the box, put it in the switch, then put the empty box back in the drawer.

DaijobuPlease

I like physical but for some games I know i will play a lot of I get digital now because I got so tired of getting up, popping out the chip and putting it in. More of a lazy thing lol but since i started and only do games I know i wont be trading in for a long time or just want to quickly switch to I do digital. Should have done so for mario kart because since its physical I barely touch it, if it was digital i would be more open to just click it and play. Haha

wanderist

Someone
I did physical copies for all my 3DS games and would overall prefer them, but I ended up going digital for LGPE because I wasn't sure I'd be able to get to a store (can't drive myself so have to rely on others) and didn't want to wait on a copy and went digital. Then I was able to start the game at midnight instead of having to wait until the evening when I got the physical copy. So, I'll be doing that again for SWSH because that was awesome.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I pretty much exclusively buy physical because while I understand digital's a lot more convenient, to me there's just something special about physically owning a game that you just don't experience when downloading it digitally. I feel the same way about books, as well.

Also because I'm old.

DMB1985

The only reason I still buy physical copies of games on my PS4 or Switch is down to storage capacity on the device. But now that I have a good sized SD card for my Switch I will be moving to digital for the convenience. Being a PC gamer as well I have been using downloads for years and it's just so much easier and as I very rarely ever trade a game in, I'm not losing out on getting a bit of cash back from older games.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It depends, there are some games that I can only get digitally. So I go that route for them But I try to avoid it as much as possible.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

I prefer physical since DP, purely because I'm a collector. I enjoy checking my collection time to time and relive the moments when I first bought them. That is what defines me the multi-generational aspect of Pokémon and how long I've been a part of the series.

Even if it means I have to play a couple of days later...

L4tPWN.jpg

Kaddy2009

When it comes to books, I love a physical copy: however, I like both digital and physical copies for games (since some games don't do physical copies), and since I downloaded Shield on my Switch, I'll be getting Sword as a physical copy. :)

DannyDark

It honestly depends on the type of game for me.. For something you tend to jump into, like Animal Crossing, I'll download it just so I don't have to keep switching physical games if I wanna do the odd thing.

While Pokemon does eventually become more of a jump-in game post-game, I'll probably get physical just so I can lend it to mates after I'm done with it/the next games come out.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It honestly depends on the type of game for me.. For something you tend to jump into, like Animal Crossing, I'll download it just so I don't have to keep switching physical games if I wanna do the odd thing.

While Pokemon does eventually become more of a jump-in game post-game, I'll probably get physical just so I can lend it to mates after I'm done with it/the next games come out.
I curse Animal Crossing as its premise is a game where you do chores and somehow it is fun.