• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Yeah its already downloaded and just taunting me because I want to play it right now.

Yep.

Just sitting there, all smug, knowing it's the full game, completely downloaded onto my console, but I still can't play it yet. This is torture.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
In the world of downloads and owning a PS4 my gut feeling is telling me there will be another download. PepeHands

This tends not to happen with the Switch.

The only game I've ever had on the Switch that prompted a massive first-day download was Mortal Kombat 11, which I didn't even have to deal with because I preloaded the game.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Been doing research at what websites are best for shipping the games early and went and order my dual copy with Simplygaming so fingers crossed I get it a day early

Zanteshi

That's if someone breaks release date. They've been super careful with drip-feeding us info this time around so they may be super careful with their shipment of copies out to stores. It's probably impossible to avoid someone breaking the street date entirely, but if its minimized enough, it may be even later that stuff makes it out.

( ̶U̶n̶)fortunately, in the real world, when the games have to be shipped and how the stores handle them once received is totally out of Gamefreak/Nintendo reach.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
If i remember correctly, people once said here that the EARLIEST date to get datamine is on the 4th ? no?
It depends.

Luigi's Mansion 3 was leaked and datamined 5 days before release.

Whereas Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was leaked and datamined 2 weeks before it's release.

It's all a matter of who is going to manage to nab an early copy of the game, and when.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It depends.

Luigi's Mansion 3 was leaked and datamined 5 days before release.

Whereas Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was leaked and datamined 2 weeks before it's release.

It's all a matter of who is going to manage to nab an early copy of the game, and when.
Ic thankyou❤️

Nova.

Glad to know it’s only 2 weeks and one day left. Anyway do you guys think the rest of the Kanto starters will be catchable/obtainable?

I believe all three will be in the game. I read rumors (which proved to be true in the last months) that the only starters available are from Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I believe all three will be in the game. I read rumors (which proved to be true in the last months) that the only starters available are from Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh.
Where did u hear it? The only creditable leak is from Ben Afflek

Pikachu111213

Traveler
In the new promo trailer (on the main site) you can see a Kantonian Meowth in a shot of a camp. Now believing that either regular Meowth evolves into a brand new evolution or the Meowth portion of the Affleck Leak is just another Water Arcanine

Julia Artemis

Couldn't that just be the Gigantamax Meowth we get as a mystery gift? Maybe if it was a normal looking Persian than it debunk that part of the leak, but I dont think it does yet. Also hoping that is false because I want to see other cat pokemon get love like Purugly or Delcatty

Bus

( ̶U̶n̶)fortunately, in the real world, when the games have to be shipped and how the stores handle them once received is totally out of Gamefreak/Nintendo reach.
Yeah, I know. However, if they adopt the 'just-in-time' stocking method that Walmarts use, they could cut down on potential early leaks. Its typically more for parts in a factory (ordering supplies and parts at a calculated rate in order to minimize waste and a surplus of parts), but Walmart tends to use it in order to cut down on spenditure as well.

They'll estimate what products go out of stock at what times and when they would need the next shipment to come in, and what amount, so it seems like they never run out of what people want. (Certain items will be ordered more depending on time of year, like hot dog buns over the summer in anticipation of increased demand while ordering fewer restocks on things like bathing suits in the Winter because next to nobody will be looking to purchase one). For pokemon, Gamefreak could estimate the amount they'll sell in each region based on sales estimates from previous releases (while taking current hype into account) and ship them at a certain date to ensure they'll reach stores no earlier than 3-4 days before intended release to avoid leaks (especially if they're worried too much negative press too early before release day would impact sales too heavily), but its doubtful.

As much as a small portion of the fanbase is still complaining, everybody knows that anyone with a Switch is likely to go out and buy this and they probably want to make sure that each store has enough copies to satisfy demand on release day with plenty of restocks coming in before people get too antsy. This means they'll probably have games in stores at least a week before release day and, you're right, its out of their hands at that point whether someone breaks street date. It probably would still work in their favor though as the attention from leakers feeds gaming news sites that pick up on it, which feeds hype for the game, which usually ends up growing sales as well.

Tldr: Yeah, you're right its out of their hands at some point. They could try to circumvent it, but they don't need to. It'll work out for them in the end despite a few lucky people getting it a week early.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
How come Serebii hasn’t updated the Sword & Shield Page with the Watchtower Ruins? In the description for the Double Pack Preload on the eShop it mentions it being at the center of the Wild Area where you can use your Dynamax Crystals, i think its pretty important information.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Yikes! That must be a US thing, I have never experienced or even heard of stuff like that happen. And the used games are just a bin in the corner of the store around here.

Yeah, I envy your places, where you don't encounter the nonsense that I encounter. That being said, as others have mentioned, it's regional, and except for their anti-competitive tactics in buying up other businesses, it's more pronounced in some places than others. (Even then, the buying up of other businesses has mostly come to a halt, since larger retailers like Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, and Target have adopted similar pre-order bonuses, events, and promotions GameStop does to bring people in.)

I think I see a lot of this because I live in a part of the country where the gaming culture is more anti-Nintendo than usual. Even after all this time, Nintendo here has not shaken off the "kiddy" image--but because lots of kids here don't want to be associated with Nintendo, the word had become "babyish," under the suggestion that Nintendo's output is too immature for anyone older than a toddler.

Woah how did they keep their jobs?

GameStop was run in a pretty lax way, at least at the time. Upper management and corporate didn't pay much attention to what was going on in the stores. For instance, when Diamond and Pearl came out, there was supposed to be a pre-order bonus in which you'd get a Dialga stylus or Palkia stylus, depending on which version you get. One GameStop location, different from the other two I mentioned, refused to give out a stylus unless you bought both games, upon which you only got one and got to pick one. You'd only get both styli if you bought two copies of both versions (or four games total). I remember someone, not happy with this, showed the GameStop promotional material and how it worked. Turned out the manager was responsible for this, doing it under upper management's backs. (He also refused to look at the official rules and stomped out of the store, angrily standing outside the entrance for the next few hours.) For some reason, he was still there, months later, even after he was reported to corporate that he was not following the pre-order rules. He was eventually gone though--I'm guessing he was given a warning for it, and he broke the rules again later. (Yeah, Pokémon seemed to be at the center of all of these misadventures. It's the one game franchise with the most fiery, fervent hate because of how popular it's been and how well it sells.)

Sometimes, though, they don't keep their jobs. You've probably heard of the loony fan, the person so passionate for or against something that they're willing to take any hit to themselves so they don't yield to the other side, like the sports fan who beats up fans of rival teams, not caring they'll get arrested. It's like that. It's like the young woman at a Best Buy who was going to sell me a game I wanted--until she found out it was for the Wii, upon which she got confused and concerned and didn't want to sell it to me anymore.

This tends not to happen with the Switch.

The only game I've ever had on the Switch that prompted a massive first-day download was Mortal Kombat 11, which I didn't even have to deal with because I preloaded the game.

If I recall correctly, FIFA 2020 and Spyro Reignited Trilogy have large first-day downloads too. The former, in particular, will take up almost 40 gigabytes as far as we know, and it's by far the largest game on the Switch, filesize-wise.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
How come Serebii hasn’t updated the Sword & Shield Page with the Watchtower Ruins? In the description for the Double Pack Preload on the eShop it mentions it being at the center of the Wild Area where you can use your Dynamax Crystals, i think its pretty important information.
Dang, that is pretty important. I’m guessing Joe just didn’t notice it (because I sure didn’t).

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Could mean Weepinbell gets a pure Grass evolution to match up with Oddish and Bellossom/Vileplume.