1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by WishIhadaManafi5, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Fairy Queen

Fairy Queen Lover of the Fairy type

Ice types will rise this gen!! All other types be afraid!

For real though, they got some good support.

2. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Just curious but which pictures can't be posted?? The post said certain pics but doesn't specify. I'm assuming it's the pokemon pics but idk.

3. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Just would be safest to not share any pictures from the leaks at all. No matter if it's Pokemon, menus, or whatever.

4. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

Same, I had briefly looked at some of them but not all. And I’ll likely forget them until I actually play through the game.

I’m so excited about the third legendary!!! This might already be my favorite legendary ever, and I only know its color, typing, and a tiny bit of its shape! It’s something I’ve been wanting in the series for quite some time. I’ve never been so immediately hyped about a Pokémon before, it’s crazy.

5. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

I get the feeling Dragapult requires pretty different moves between single battling and double battling, more so than usual. That being said, a spread move may still be useful even with low power like Dragon Darts. It can use Dragon Darts if both opponents havelow HP to knock them both out at once, but taking into account Dragapult's mad Speed, you are very likely to be in control of when that happens. At a base Speed of 142, I believe Dragapult is the fastest Pokémon with a spread move that doesn't also hit the ally (though anyone can correct me if I'm wrong).

But isn't Jirachi already a Pokémon themed on a wishing star?

A bit of a heads-up: Ice Face apparently only works on physical attacks. Special attacks will still pass right through that big head of Eiscue's. You have to be very careful whom you're up against, and similarly, an opponent can easily counter Eiscue by sending out a special attacker.

That's actually a theme I'm seeing with the stats of the Generation VIII Pokémon. If it isn't a glass cannon, then it likely has a very high stat on one side but below-average to low on the other. I'm seeing this with Perrserker, Galarian Stunfisk, Sandaconda, Falinks, and Duraludon on the physical side (high Defense, low Sp. Defense) and Alcremie, Cursola, Cramorant, and Frosmoth on the special side (low Defense, high Sp. Defense). Switching will be even more important than ever, even in double battles.

6. Mr.Fiend

Mr.Fiend She is too precious for this world.

Is it safe to say the names of Leaked pokemon, or tms and tr's for that matter? Just wondering.

In any case
    Giga drain, mystical fire, razor shell,bounce, fling,self-destruct, imprison, trick room, magical leaf, rock slide,snore, scary face,steel wing, whirlpool, will-o-wisp,swift, rock tomb, sand tomb, icicle spear, rock blast, u-turn, retaliate, snarl, draning kiss, smart strike, brutal swing and breaking swipe (dragon type move, tm 99)

Skill swap, Focus blast, Stored power, low kick, heat wave, endure,leaf blade, nasty plot, darkest lariat, sludge bomb,dazzling gleam,ice beam, scald, dragon dance, close combat
    If anyone can find more trs, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Edit: added a few more tr's

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  7. Something~Kinda~Ooooh

Something~Kinda~Ooooh Grass Master

Just saw the apricorn balls, I suppose dream ball breeding will be a thing again. I hope so, I really want Galarian rapidash in a dream ball!

Ophie, Nodame and KenzeyEevee like this.
  8. Kingudora

Kingudora My favourite

Lots of interesting moves, really want to know who learns what.

Are the TRs re-purchasable? Much like move tutors?

9. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

Very true, and that is what other pokemon on the team woukd be for. This is where switching out would really come in handy.

Good point, btw.

Ophie likes this.
  10. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

What about Alolan forms?

11. wolf jani

wolf jani #ScorbunnySquad

We don't know yet

12. Mr.Fiend

There is a new move known as false surrender. 80bp, 10pp, physical dark type move, never misses.
    Polteagiest has really good special attack, alongside a new move called tea time, which makes both opponents and allies eat their berries if there holding one.
    Mr.Rime has a new ability called Screen cleaner, which gets rid of light screen, reflect and aurora veil on both sides of the field. It's a mixed attacker with some decent bulk as well.
    G Mr.Mime and Mr.Rime are known as the dancing and comedian pokemon respectively.
    Some icon's for y-comm have been leaked, showing various trainer class types, some of which haven't made an appearance in a while, like artists and doctors.
    There is a new item known as throat spray, which raises Sp.Atk for a pokemon after it uses a sound based move.
    Falinks is known as the formation pokemon and can be found on route 8 It's also 9 foot 10 inches. G Yamask can be found on route 6.

13. Julia Artemis

Julia Artemis Well-Known Member

Well guess I'll need to team up Polteageist with Appletun

14. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

We won't know if there will be Alolan Forms in the game until a datamine happens.

15. WolfCypher

WolfCypher Well-Known Member

That's insane! There's six of them!

16. RileyXY1

I think that's a measurement of length rather than height, which is how serpentine Pokemon are measured.

17. Rapiido

Rapiido Well-Known Member

Wonder if that means that Kanto Rapidash, Mr. Mime, etc. can just be traded over if the files are in. Hoping so.

Ophie likes this.
  18. RileyXY1

The leaked dex listed Cofagrigus and Persian, likely meaning that the original variants can be transferred over. There's also the Gigantamax regular Meowth.

wolf jani likes this.
  19. Mr.Fiend

New dynamax moves.
    Max Phantasm, ghost type attack, lowers the targets defense.
    Max Ooze, poison type attack, raises ally's special attack.
    Max Wyrmwind, dragon type attack, lowers targets attack.
    Max Quake, ground type attack, raises ally's special defense.
    G max garbodor's move cures poison.
    G max copperjah's move causes spikes.
    Thwackey and Rillaboom are known as the Beat and Drummer pokemon respectively.
    Indeedee is known as the emotion pokemon, the females are particularly good babysitters. It has really high special defense, high speed, respectable special attack and the ability own tempo.
    Morpeko has eh stats barring speed.
    Greedent has stats similar to snorlax, except their defense stats are swapped.
    Skwovet and Greedent are known as the cheeky and greedy pokemon respectively

20. Fairy Queen

Fairy Queen Lover of the Fairy type

The stats this gen (from what we see, they aren't confirmed yet) are very weird. Not only is mostly everything decently mixed (I dont think anything so far has had a garbage attack or special attack stat), but there are so many pokemon with similar stat spreads. Cursola and Polteageist are very similar with stat spreads, even have the same type and ability. Alcremie and Indeedee have very similar stat spreads. Even Mr. Rime falls in this. They are all slower pokemon with high special attack and special defense and low to decent everything else.

Ophie likes this.