1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by WishIhadaManafi5, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Fairy Queen

Fairy Queen Lover of the Fairy type

The stats this gen (from what we see, they aren't confirmed yet) are very weird. Not only is mostly everything decently mixed (I dont think anything so far has had a garbage attack or special attack stat), but there are so many pokemon with similar stat spreads. Cursola and Polteageist are very similar with stat spreads, even have the same type and ability. Alcremie and Indeedee have very similar stat spreads. Even Mr. Rime falls in this. They are all slower pokemon with high special attack and special defense and low to decent everything else.

Ophie likes this.
  2. Julia Artemis

Julia Artemis Well-Known Member

So with Indeedee existing it makes Audino utterly pointless. It almost was that already without its Mega form. Also yeah saw Morpeko's stats and its probably worse than Plusle/Minun. What a way to waste Electric/Dark typing. Also not understanding why Garbodor's G Max move would cure poisoning that seems like a waste. Was hoping for a physical attack move that would toxic an opponent

Cor Petit and NeedsAName like this.
  3. sketchersmeargle

sketchersmeargle Well-Known Member

Might be it just absorbs it into its junkheap body.

4. Ryuuma

Ryuuma Member

Wait
    WHAT?

Cor Petit likes this.
  5. Lord Godwin

Lord Godwin The Lord of Darkness

So accurate:

6. Julia Artemis

I didn't do the math on that and now it has to be on my team especially since it has Cheek Pouch. Greedent is surprisingly good

Ophie likes this.
  7. FlygontheRavager

FlygontheRavager #1 Pokémon Anime Fan!

Ok, I’m not gonna lie. This is freaking hilarious.

8. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Reporting on-duty in Galar.

Almost every Galar Pokémon is competitively viable and I love it. Can't wait to learn and try out new strategies.

9. Julia Artemis

Cheek Pouch honestly is a great ability but have been on barely viable pokemon. Though that being said had some success with Diggersby and Dedenne. But definitely they didn't showcase the full potential of that ability

10. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

I'm really glad they let you trade over the regional forms' "original" forms because although I love Galarian Darmanitan, Sheer Force Life Orb Darmanitan will always be a go to for me.

The TMs and TRs are really interesting to me. I like how they approached these essentially reworked Move Tutors

Fairy Queen, Ophie and NeedsAName like this.
  11. Shinyjynx

Shinyjynx Member

Soooooooooo funny, this was gold

Cradily17 likes this.
  12. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Haha I love how all the TR's are these good moves and then there's just Low Kick lol.

13. Dragon Pulse

Dragon Pulse Well-Known Member

Where can I see Morpeko's stats? Sorry if it has been asked before.

14. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Here.

wolf jani and Dragon Pulse like this.
  15. Kingudora

Kingudora My favourite

I'm very excited for the changes to the TM system. The last time it had such big changes were in Gen V, with reusable TMs.

16. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

I know what TMs are, but what are TR's?

Brendan017 likes this.
  17. sketchersmeargle

sketchersmeargle Well-Known Member

Technical Records. They are like TMs but are used for moves usually Move Tutors would teach. You can purchase them but they break after using it one time.

18. Julia Artemis

So Gigantamax Gengar is a real thing and it's cool as hell. Like imagine Guzzlord meets Gengar

Ophie likes this.
  19. Kingudora

Kingudora My favourite

Gigantamax Flapple looks fun!

It does look like the Apple worm Gigantamax from the guidebook, which it shares with Appletun.

Ophie and FlygontheRavager like this.
  20. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

basically they are move tutor but you buy the TR and then use it on whatever pokemon it can be used on it. It breaks after use, however you can buy more