1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by WishIhadaManafi5, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Bus

Bus Well-Known Member

I remember seeing that on the Smogon forums (during my search for leaks lol). One of the posts there mentioned that the guy who has a copy of Shield usually is on to provide updates on stuff between 12am EST and 7am EST (and that's when the Googledocs gets updated usually as well. I think he said he didn't have much left to say though since he gave most of the pertinent info he could.

Ophie and clbgolden12 like this.
  2. Mr.Fiend

Mr.Fiend She is too precious for this world.

It is interesting.
    I presume sword form got nerfed as well? Though it also says that doublade got nerfed for some reason.

Ophie likes this.
  3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Happy Holidays! Staff Member Moderator

Thanks for the heads up. Anyone say c & d?

4. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

IIRC Eviolite Doublade is actually pretty good, so maybe that’s why it got nerfed.

Also to the surprise of no one, stream was taken down.

Ophie and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  5. Kingudora

Kingudora My favourite

Sword Forme most likely got -10 to Attack and Sp. Attack each as well, to mirror the Shield Forme nerfs.

If Doublade gets nerfed, it is probably to make its Defense the same as Shield Forme Aegislash's Defense, otherwise Doublade would have higher Defense than it now.

Ophie, Fairy Queen and clbgolden12 like this.
  6. captainfez3

captainfez3 The Chill Trainer

I noticed from this spreadsheet that Alcremie has multiple values for its stats, which judging from the rest of the spreadsheet means it has an alternate form... is this true, or are these just possible ranges or is this giving the stats for the gigantamax form?

7. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

It’s just possible ranges.

PokeMon2.0, Ophie and captainfez3 like this.
  8. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

Ranges, since the EV and IV amounts for the pokemon the leaker showed are unknown, so are the actual specific base stats of the pokemon. The exceptions are rental pokemon at the battle tower as they all have max IVs and two stats with max EVs.

Ophie likes this.
  9. Kingudora

Kingudora My favourite

Those numbers are just the possible ranges based on the stats of the Alcremie that the leaker showed. Since we don't know what IVs the Alcremie might have, that makes impossible to calculate exactly what its base stats are. So the ranges indicate the lowest possible base stat (IV of 31 in that stat) or highest possible stat (IV of 0 in that stat) based on that Alcremie.

Those that have don't have ranges and a set BST were calculated from rental pokémon that have perfect IVs and maxed out EVs, which made it possible to calculate the base stats exactly.

Ophie likes this.
  10. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Bought Switch and pre ordered Shield :)

11. WolfCypher

WolfCypher Well-Known Member

Copied from Smogon

Electox (which is Toxtricity) learning Boomburst is exciting for reasons that should be obvious. I believe it has potential as a wallbreaker, perhaps with a moveset of Boomburst/Overdrive/Sludge Wave/HP Fire. However, it's stats aren't especially inspiring, so this may be more of a lower tier threat than an OU one.

Now my question is how is this obvious? It's not getting STAB, Normal isnt super-effective against anything, so why would this move be essential beyond its ability?

Ophie likes this.
  12. Fairy Queen

Fairy Queen Lover of the Fairy type

I think Grimmsnarl and Bisharp handle it quite well. Choice Band Mamoswine should be able to hand it well, or at the very least do some damage with Ice Shard. Dragapult has low defenses and is weak to a lot of priority moves such as Sucker Punch, Ice Shard, and Shadow Sneak (also Pursuit). It will be strong, but definitely manageable.

Which is fantastic.

anjunajake, Ophie and Ignition like this.
  13. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

It's ability may give it pseudo STAB, depending on the boost, and Boomburst is just a plain very powerful move with no inherent drawbacks (i.e. no stat lowering, no charge up turn). Swellow for instance became surprisingly powerful with it in the lower tiers, despite it having pretty low Special Attack.

clbgolden12 and Ophie like this.
  14. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

Minor spoilers from the stream:

You get a Toxel as a gift in the day care after the first gym

15. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

Explains why its species is called the Baby Pokemin

16. Mr.Fiend

A rival battle with hop at route 5. Wooloo lv18, Corvisquire lv19, mid evolution of starter lv 21.
    Interviewers make a return.
    Team yell grunts also use the nickit line.

WeepingHallows, Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  17. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Very late reply, but I didn't really think about that.

Still, if it worked and I needed to, I could possibly use the Gamecube controller for most purposes.

I still wish I had a pro controller, which I might buy one eventually.

Ophie likes this.
  18. Mr.Fiend

Gym trainer 01: tympole lv21.
    Gym trainer 02: krabby and corphish lv20
    Gym trainer 03: remoraid lv20, chewtle lv21.
    Nessa gym team: Goldeen lv 22, Arrowkuda lv23, Drednaw lv24.
    Galar mine 02 has noibat,scraggy,whimpod and east sea shellos.
    Bede fight at Galar mine 02: lv21 solosis, lv22 gothita, lv23 hatenna, lv22 g-ponyta
    Streamer is taking a break.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  19. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Reporting on-duty in Galar.

If you are interested in sharing new information from live stream, you can do us a favor and name your spoiler so, people would know what to press or to avoid.

janejane6178, Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  20. Mr.Fiend

Can do.

The streamer is taking a nap, he will be back later.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019