• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I noticed from this spreadsheet that Alcremie has multiple values for its stats, which judging from the rest of the spreadsheet means it has an alternate form... is this true, or are these just possible ranges or is this giving the stats for the gigantamax form?
It’s just possible ranges.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I noticed from this spreadsheet that Alcremie has multiple values for its stats, which judging from the rest of the spreadsheet means it has an alternate form... is this true, or are these just possible ranges or is this giving the stats for the gigantamax form?
Ranges, since the EV and IV amounts for the pokemon the leaker showed are unknown, so are the actual specific base stats of the pokemon. The exceptions are rental pokemon at the battle tower as they all have max IVs and two stats with max EVs.

Kingudora

My favourite
Those numbers are just the possible ranges based on the stats of the Alcremie that the leaker showed. Since we don't know what IVs the Alcremie might have, that makes impossible to calculate exactly what its base stats are. So the ranges indicate the lowest possible base stat (IV of 31 in that stat) or highest possible stat (IV of 0 in that stat) based on that Alcremie.

Those that have don't have ranges and a set BST were calculated from rental pokémon that have perfect IVs and maxed out EVs, which made it possible to calculate the base stats exactly.

WolfCypher

Copied from Smogon

Electox (which is Toxtricity) learning Boomburst is exciting for reasons that should be obvious. I believe it has potential as a wallbreaker, perhaps with a moveset of Boomburst/Overdrive/Sludge Wave/HP Fire. However, it's stats aren't especially inspiring, so this may be more of a lower tier threat than an OU one.

Now my question is how is this obvious? It's not getting STAB, Normal isnt super-effective against anything, so why would this move be essential beyond its ability?

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
It sure looks like Choice Scarfers are going to be really important to deal with Dragapult. Looking through the dex there is almost nothing in it that is faster than it, and since it doesn't have any 4x weaknesses then priority moves will be of limited usefulness.

Though with Dragon Dance even Choice Scarf won't be enough in a lot of circumstances. Instead you'll need something defensive enough to take a hit and take it out in return, or make use of Focus Sash.

I think Grimmsnarl and Bisharp handle it quite well. Choice Band Mamoswine should be able to hand it well, or at the very least do some damage with Ice Shard. Dragapult has low defenses and is weak to a lot of priority moves such as Sucker Punch, Ice Shard, and Shadow Sneak (also Pursuit). It will be strong, but definitely manageable.

I haven’t seen this mentioned on here yet, but it appears both Aegislash’s forms had both their 150 stats nerfed to 140, according to the battle tower rental team stats

Which is fantastic.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Copied from Smogon

Electox (which is Toxtricity) learning Boomburst is exciting for reasons that should be obvious. I believe it has potential as a wallbreaker, perhaps with a moveset of Boomburst/Overdrive/Sludge Wave/HP Fire. However, it's stats aren't especially inspiring, so this may be more of a lower tier threat than an OU one.

Now my question is how is this obvious? It's not getting STAB, Normal isnt super-effective against anything, so why would this move be essential beyond its ability?
It's ability may give it pseudo STAB, depending on the boost, and Boomburst is just a plain very powerful move with no inherent drawbacks (i.e. no stat lowering, no charge up turn). Swellow for instance became surprisingly powerful with it in the lower tiers, despite it having pretty low Special Attack.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The main disadvantage of a Gamecube controller though, if you're using an actual Gamecube one meant for the Gamecube, is no gyro. For Pokémon Sword & Shield this means you cannot obtain Malamar or Alcremie through evolution. If there are any minigames that use motion controls, you can't use those either. (Learned the hard way that some cheap third-party Switch controllers don't have gyro either when I found myself unable to steer in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as I have it set to tilt steering).
Very late reply, but I didn't really think about that.

Still, if it worked and I needed to, I could possibly use the Gamecube controller for most purposes.

I still wish I had a pro controller, which I might buy one eventually.

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Gym trainer 01: tympole lv21.
Gym trainer 02: krabby and corphish lv20
Gym trainer 03: remoraid lv20, chewtle lv21.
Nessa gym team: Goldeen lv 22, Arrowkuda lv23, Drednaw lv24.
Galar mine 02 has noibat,scraggy,whimpod and east sea shellos.
Bede fight at Galar mine 02: lv21 solosis, lv22 gothita, lv23 hatenna, lv22 g-ponyta
Streamer is taking a break.

Last edited:

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
If you are interested in sharing new information from live stream, you can do us a favor and name your spoiler so, people would know what to press or to avoid.
Can do.

The streamer is taking a nap, he will be back later.

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Galar mine 02 has noibat,scraggy,whimpod and shellos.
Bede fight at Galar mine 02: lv21 solosis, lv22 gothita, lv23 hatenna, lv22 ponyta

What were Milo's Pokemon?
Also it's a shame Buizel was cut as it's a Perfect Pokemon for Bessa

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Looking like Polteageist is gonna be pretty strong it's move relearner list at 62 is

Teatime
Strength Sap
Astonish
Withdraw
Aromatic Mist
Mega Drain
Protect
Sucker Punch
Aromatherapy
Giga Drain
Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball
Memento
Shell Smash

Heh, I predicted Shell Smash, though combined with Weak Armor, it's going to be...something, all right. Better watch out for Sucker Punch, Pursuit, and Shadow Sneak.

Having Strength Sap was not what I expected though. Strength Sap, it feels, was intended for Shiinotic to compensate for its very low base stat total (which, in turn, was probably done to make it a counterpart to Parasect). Then again, Shiinotic has Spore whereas Polteageist does not seem capableof inflicting any status moves without TMs (and I don't think any of them will invoke Sleep).

It sure looks like Choice Scarfers are going to be really important to deal with Dragapult. Looking through the dex there is almost nothing in it that is faster than it, and since it doesn't have any 4x weaknesses then priority moves will be of limited usefulness.

Though with Dragon Dance even Choice Scarf won't be enough in a lot of circumstances. Instead you'll need something defensive enough to take a hit and take it out in return, or make use of Focus Sash.

Dragapult has a glass cannon setup. With Defense and Special Defense of 75 each and HP of 88, there should be plenty of Pokémon tough enough to withstand a hit and retaliate with a super-effective attack, which will likely take down Dragapult without a Focus Sash.

Copied from Smogon

My impression is that, as mentioned prior, Boomburst is a move with no real drawbacks, and it's at 100% accuracy. As a Normal-type move, it's also the safest option, since while it doesn't hit super-effective against anything, I believe it's the type to hit for regular damage against the most types, making it a good fallback option for if Overdrive and Sludge Wave won't do much. Of course, Steel-types can laugh off both Sludge Wave and Boomburst, but, with a few exceptions like Excadrill and Duraludon, they probably still have to watch out for Overdrive (which I'm guessing is what Hidden Power Fire is for, at least for the former).

Toxtricity may have different stats in Amped versus Low Key form, for that matter. Maybe Amped will have a higher Speed, and Overdrive switches between the two forms.

Galar mine 02 has noibat,scraggy,whimpod and shellos.
Bede fight at Galar mine 02: lv21 solosis, lv22 gothita, lv23 hatenna, lv22 ponyta

Know if that's West Sea Shellos or East Sea Shellos?