1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by WishIhadaManafi5, Jun 1, 2019.

1. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

I mean from what I’ve remember they’ve been doing this for ages. Blaze kick and Leaf blade were once upon a time Blaziken line exclusive and Sceptile line exclusive and later those moves were given to more and more Pokémon. I think the point has always been to just be like a temporary exclusive move. I like other Pokémon getting these moves because it’s never made any sense for anything besides legendaries to be getting a move that not one of the other 800-something Pokémon can learn.

Interesting. Is any other Pokémon at a BST of 100? I don’t recall ever knowing about anything that low

Ophie and NeedsAName like this.
  2. JensV95

JensV95 Member

Just peeked at the stats for my potential walkthrough team.
    Not disappointed, only if frosmoth BST and speed was a bit higher (nice hidden ability though). No news about how to find Pokémon with hidden abilities?

Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  3. Mr.Fiend

Mr.Fiend She is too precious for this world.

The closest is whishiwashi with a bst of 175, followed by sunkern with a bst of 180.

Ophie and NeedsAName like this.
  4. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

Yeah I'm aware. I still hate it.

5. Sarefan

Sarefan Hylden General.

Oh shoot! I missed some things over the weekend. But omgyes am I glad that my boy Blastoise is in! And so is Decidueye, neat!

Ophie, NeedsAName and wolf jani like this.
  6. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

They confirmed that the starters are shiny locked.

NeedsAName likes this.
  7. Hanto

Hanto Water Addiction

What the heck they delete some moves from existence?

anjunajake and NeedsAName like this.
  8. RileyXY1

Return being gone will destroy the competitive viability of most Normal types.

9. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

Eh, never liked Return or Frustration anyways. They're not super effective on anything, besides there's far better normal moves out there.

10. RileyXY1

Most of them are either signature moves or Z-Moves.

11. Hanto

Hanto Water Addiction

Hidden Power, Wake-Up slap, Magnet Bomb etc. Great, Gamefreak >_<
    If Switch has much more memory capacity why they'd gone Let's Go route with pretty limited movepools?
    Not counting extintion of Toxic as TM and other negative things to cimpetitive side of game

Spider-Phoenix and NeedsAName like this.
  12. Fairy Queen

Fairy Queen Lover of the Fairy type

They did dirty by removing moves too, like come on. Great to see some pokemon not removed (rest of the kanto starters), but could have done without mewtwo.

But yay Meltan is in!

anjunajake and wolf jani like this.
  13. Ignition

Maybe the foreign ~30 Pokémon will be Max Raid events?

Ophie, NeedsAName and wolf jani like this.
  14. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

Interesting. I’ve always sort of seen them as having a sister/brother dynamic. I wonder how they’ll interact in the story.

Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  15. Mr.Fiend

Mr.Fiend She is too precious for this world.

Wow, over dramatic much? It's only a few moves ( most of which were signature and z moves, but you seem to conveniently ignore that).

16. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

It’s okay people are entitled to their opinions, I find that it’s a human issue that we love to obsess over what’s missing rather than what’s there. Which is why people are so upset. These games could have every single Pokémon in the games and all the moves, and people would still find something to be outraged by. So I say let them be.

And before y’all tell me that you’re allowed to cry wolf because you’re paying for a product, save it. If you’re really that upset just don’t buy it and move on while the rest of us enjoy the games. Thanks

17. shadowF

shadowF Well-Known Member

Can Anyone spoil me the final parts of the game?
    Specifically
    How the Champions tournament works? Like who do we face first? Hop, Marnie or Bede? Also the rest of the battles we face after that up to the end credits

18. Ignition

I don't see why they excluded moves like Return, Hidden Power, & Pursuit. Even though I don't like it, I can understand the exclusion of Z Moves. None of the aforementioned moves were broken or annoying to deal with so I can't see why they were removed

anjunajake and wolf jani like this.
  19. FusRoeDer

FusRoeDer Member

Maybe they’ll bring back HP reworked and you’ll be able to change type by letting them smell an insence or some ****

Ophie likes this.
  20. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

I wonder what kind of **** they’d have to smell to change their hidden power o_O

anjunajake and Ophie like this.