• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Autobot N

Now that we know that
Old legendaries are in the game’s code but not in the Galar Dex
I’m even more confused as to why
Type: Null is in the regional dex. Couldn’t it have just been transferable?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Now that we know that
Old legendaries are in the game’s code but not in the Galar Dex
I’m even more confused as to why
Type: Null is in the regional dex. Couldn’t it have just been transferable?
There's a bit of lore behind it, at least as far as the pokedex entry goes. That is rather than it being the missing Type: Null Aether made,
the Type: Null you receive is rumored to be a newer one that was made using stolen research notes.

<><><>

Well aside from the nerf to Aegislash, it seems no old pokemon got stat changes this gen. On the other hand, many movesets got expanded, especially with moves they arguably should have been able to use to begin with. For instance Heliolisk can at last learn Solar Beam. Kommo-o gets itself Aura Sphere. A number of Grass types now get Solar Blade.

Phillies

There's a bit of lore behind it, at least as far as the pokedex entry goes. That is rather than it being the missing Type: Null Aether made,
the Type: Null you receive is rumored to be a newer one that was made using stolen research notes.

If that's the case they could have given it a Galar form and changed its look up a little. I doubt that the scientists that stole the research notes didn't add their own touches to it. Seems like it would have been the perfect opportunity to give it a regional form.

Ultra Beast Lover

Regarding the "1125" Eternatus, its crazy stats are all relegated to HP and the defenses. That said, I am already thinking of a few possible ways to take it down.
I'm just gonna Ice Beam it dead

Julia Artemis

I just saw Zen Mode Galarian Darmanitan. Okay now i want an Ice Darmanitan. I hate the regular look but holy crap its Zen Mode is so cool! Although weird that it increases the attack and not the special but whatever still want it!

ShadowForce720

I just saw Zen Mode Galarian Darmanitan. Okay now i want an Ice Darmanitan. I hate the regular look but holy crap its Zen Mode is so cool! Although weird that it increases the attack and not the special but whatever still want it!

Don't forget that
in Zen Mode Galarian Darmanitan becomes Ice/Fire type.

jachimk

I have a question to the people who watched the stream, I'm just curious did the player move to Galar like most regions or has the player lived there. I'm trying my hardest to not watch the stream and spoil myself

ebevan91

Galarian Farfetch’d looks awesome, glad I chose Sword.

Red and Blue

If that's the case they could have given it a Galar form and changed its look up a little. I doubt that the scientists that stole the research notes didn't add their own touches to it. Seems like it would have been the perfect opportunity to give it a regional form.
Yeah but if Galarian Type Null was any other type than Normal would it even keep the ability to use memories once it evolves into Silvally

shadowF

Does anyone know if
The charmander we receive from Leon is shiny lock? Because if not then it would be cool to get a Charizard that is shiny that can G-Max.

HappyHawlucha

Do we have any idea how Toxitricity's forms work yet? Does it require a different method of evolution or can it be switched either inside or outside of battle.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I wanted so much to use Centiskorch outside of a gym collecting team, but like others I am having trouble figuring out a set to even use for the in-game battle tower. I certainly never expected to have more ideas for Rapidash than for Centiskorch, I can't believe that the fire centipede doesn't get Swords Dance or Agility or any form of priority. Coil would be nice if it was faster, but as it is it seems like unless I can set up on something slow that doesn't threaten it, it won't get much use out of the move.

I mean I guess one could get some mileage out of a Coil, Fire Lash/Flare Blitz, Leech Life, Power Whip defensive set, but I just don't know if it would pack enough power after a Coil to accomplish much. I guess there's always Trick Room, but I've never been good at using it, and Centiskorch would still probably need a turn or two to set up even then.

I'm curious too just what Dubwool is supposed to do in battle. It seems built to be fairly bulky, but its moves don't enable it to accomplish much itself while on the field, i.e. no hazard setting moves or moves or status inflicting moves. I guess it could Baton Pass a Cotton Guard or Swords Dance boost to something. And dang it has a small movepool, makes me wish it not using its horns for battle wasn't part of its lore.

GalenIYIarek

"Endure" being available (to what looks like) all Pokémon and "Toxic" being reserved for mainly Poison Types is a welcome change for me. Not too sure about Hidden Power and Natural Gift though...

Last edited: