1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by WishIhadaManafi5, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Sham

Sham show the unknown

Are they really not giving us the new mechanic until the end of the game (one point towards it since it makes Gym battles more harder) but that’s a stupid choice and reminds me of how we couldn’t mega evolve until we beat the league in Let’s Go

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    AgentKallus and clbgolden12 like this.
  2. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

Gigantamax is in effect the same as Dynamax as far as mechanics go, just with one different move.

Ophie likes this.
  3. Sham

Sham show the unknown

Okay I understand. I thought Dynamax was also excluded. Still sucks though.

4. Autobot N

Autobot N Autobot

Ok, so there are four Max Raid dens where Darumaka guaranteed has Zen Mode. One of them says
    "1-star desired: 35%." So if the game wants a 1-star den, then it has a 35% chance of spawning a Zen Mode Darumaka?

clbgolden12 likes this.
  5. Lord Godwin

Lord Godwin The Lord of Darkness

Just woke up. We still don't have sprites, right?

6. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

I believe so, yes.

Due to Joe’s crazy dedication, I wouldn’t be surprised if he narrows down most of the Den locations over the launch weekend.

Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  7. Autobot N

Autobot N Autobot

Hopefully that is how it works. I don't suppose that the dataminer confirmed how often the Max Raid Dens reset, did he?

Considering I probably don't get to play until Monday, that works out well for me.

Ophie, wolf jani and clbgolden12 like this.
  8. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

No mention of this, unfortunately. Hopefully soft resetting or simply leaving the Wild Area then returning will reset the dens.

Ophie likes this.
  9. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Wait, we can't gigantamax until the end of the game?? Really??

10. Fairy Queen

Fairy Queen Lover of the Fairy type

Same, I love them! And they have really good movepools, getting pretty much everything they need.

Yeah I agree, but maybe they did it so it cant abuse its signature move.

Also, Drifblim finally got a recovery move. I could cry from happiness!

Ophie likes this.
  11. TsengHyena

TsengHyena Well-Known Member

So...why did they remove the GTS from the game? a ten year old feature gutted out of the game out of pure lazyness.

12. 1991

1991 New Member

Sorry if this has been posted or asked already
    Appreciate if someone can help

Thanks
    is it confirmed if Flapple and Appletun are version exclusive evolution and if Centiskorch and Frosmoth are exclusives too?

13. Requiem Aeternam

Requiem Aeternam Dance like an eggplant!

I’m frustrated by this as well. I have no interest in the Mystery Trades or whatever it is as getting a Pokémon I actually want will take way too long as I have no control over what I get and some people will no doubt ruin it the same way they did Wonder Trade by constantly sticking in Route 1 trash.

Hanto likes this.
  14. AritzCM

AritzCM New Member

I assume that because that functionality has become part of HOME.

The way I see it, "Gotta Catch 'Em All" is going to be the slogan of Home.

In Japan that was never the main saga slogan, so I guess what we think of the saga outside Japan is a bit different

Ophie likes this.
  15. thepostmanp

thepostmanp Member

Does anyone know how far in to the game we can catch Duraludon?

16. LordSerperior

LordSerperior Well-Known Member

Do we have the trainer models yet? Does anyone know if the 15 gym challengers have unique designs or do they use generic NPC designs? Can someone pm me a link to their designs if/when we get them? (I'm assuming links are fine in pm)

17. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

One other possibility is that Sand Spit can activate multiple times without Sandaconda having to switch out. This would be particularly useful, for instance, against another weather-setter, especially a physical attacker because each time they hit Sandaconda, their weather gets replaced with Sandstorm.

Inteleon can learn Focus Energy. If it gets a turn to do that, it can make much better use of Sniper. Of course, that's easier said than done. Frost Breath would've been nice though.

Huh, so that's what they've chosen to distinguish Silvally. I wonder if the Memories will give Silvally type-based boosts the way Arceus's Plates do, since I think that was the main thing holding Silvally back in high-level play.

On the other hand, every region has a forested area and an icy area. Putting the rocks in those places shouldn't be too hard, I would presume. Troublesome to play though, which I'm guessing is the bigger reason for providing an alternative.

Heh, so you have to suffer before it gets better. Very interesting. Then again, I guess this is the one Pokémon that benefits from EXP Share the most.

It's probably the same reason as the reduced number of Pokémon you can use in the game. The team in charge of moves likely ran out of time, just like the people in charge of Pokémon. (Toxic's availability being more limited, though, was undoubtedly a deliberate decision.)

Since they're promoting Gigantamax Drednaw, Corviknight, and Butterfree as being more common, this is probably the intent. They are probably meant to be time-sensitive Pokémon, similar to Gigantamax Meowth, except you have to actually play the game, find the Pokémon, and catch it to use it, but that you can find the other ones by getting very lucky.

I'll probably attempt to get access to Gigantamax Copperajah anyway because I love the design of both Copperajah and Gigantamax Copperajah.

Looking at the list, Wishiwashi still can't learn Aqua Jet, unfortunately.

On the other hand, it looks like the Vanillite line can now learn Aurora Veil, as well as Abomasnow, meaning every Snow Warning Pokémon available can also set up Aurora Veil now. (The only one, to my knowledge, to not make the cut is the Amaura line, which was the one I wanted to have know Aurora Veil the most because it is a Pokémon themed on auroras.)

Greedent would be overpowered with Recycle, probably. Even with a Sitrus Berry, Cheek Pouch would allow Greedent to heal 58% of its HP each time it goes down to hald with no limitations. With a Figy Berry (or others in its family), it'll restore 83% of Greedent's HP. Greedent can also learn Endure to ensure that Berry sees use.

It can still be overcome by getting hit with something overwhelmingly strong, and using this strategy would be quite difficult due to Greedent's very low Speed, but I think limiting itself to one use of Cheek Pouch per battle is enough.

Considering its okay Attack and rather high Speed for a wall, especially with Fluffy in mind, I think Dubwool was meant to fight other walls. It'll have the Speed advantage over them, allowing it to control the situation, as long as Toxic or Leech Seed doesn't pop up. Bulletproof Dubwool is also immune to both Aura Sphere and Focus Blast, so special attackers won't be able to hit it for super-effective damage (unless they're using Vacuum Wave).

18. wolf jani

wolf jani #ScorbunnySquad

earliest At route 10. levels 45-48 so quite late

Ophie likes this.
  19. thepostmanp

thepostmanp Member

Thanks! It seems to have decent stats for a one stage mid/late game Pokémon, I hope it will be usable competitively, it's an interesting typing. Anyone else planning to use one?

Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  20. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

About time that happened