• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

BCVM22

Um. FireRed and LeafGreen had wireless adapters....

I meant actually trading with someone else in person. There has to be somebody within anyone's vicinity who has the game with the amount of Switch's sold.

That's not necessary, however. Online trading is not gone - you can still trade person to person, unequivocally.

The GTS, in name if not in function, appears to be what's missing to some degree at the moment.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Here.

You can just use Rash. It still raises special attack and gives the amped form.

The list has apparently been leaked.

List from 4chan:

Amped: Hardy, Brave, Adamant, Naughty, Docile, Impish, Lax, Hasty, Jolly, Naive, Rash, Sassy, Quirky.
Low Key: Lonely, Bold, Relaxed, Timid, Serious, Modest, Mild, Quiet, Bashful, Calm, Gentle, Careful.

So Amped is the yellow one while low key is the purple one right??

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
So Amped is the yellow one while low key is the purple one right??

Yep, that's what I remember for Toxtricity. Move lists indicate only a small difference in the move pool too.

vaporeon89

power of vapor
Apart from Impidimp’s and Hattena’s lines being male/female only, and starters etc, do we have word on gender ratios for new mons? Can’t find that info in the datamine files

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So since Leon became the head of Battle Tower after we beat him does it open the possibility of speculation that some battle facility heads are previous Champions (taking into consideration Red and Blue also acted as ones?
From the current facility heads I can see Palmer being a prior Champion (maybe prior to Cynthia?)
What about the rest? People often gauge their Power to be somewhere around Elite 4-Champion level (for sure stronger than Gym Leaders).
What are your thoughts? (

D

Deleted member 384931

This will be the first game since SoulSilver, that I am doubting if I will buy this game

TsengHyena

#GameFreakLied is now trending, as it has been discovered in the datamine that the models used for all older pokemon are unchanged from Sun/Moon. Why did they need to cut the dex again? More and more we find more stuff cut out, and less actual content, what exactly did they work on?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
#GameFreakLied is now trending, as it has been discovered in the datamine that the models used for all older pokemon are unchanged from Sun/Moon. Why did they need to cut the dex again? More and more we find more stuff cut out, and less actual content, what exactly did they work on?

There's appears to be a RUMOUR floating that what actually happened is that they screwed up porting the models to Switch and because of that, they had to limit the amount of Pokémon.

Grains of salt, though.

shadowF

So since Leon became the head of Battle Tower after we beat him does it open the possibility of speculation that some battle facility heads are previous Champions (taking into consideration Red and Blue also acted as ones?
From the current facility heads I can see Palmer being a prior Champion (maybe prior to Cynthia?)
What about the rest? People often gauge their Power to be somewhere around Elite 4-Champion level (for sure stronger than Gym Leaders).
What are your thoughts? (

Wait!
Can you send me the link where it says Leon becomes the head of the battle facility? Also what is his team at the Battle tower? Last does that mean we cannot rematch him in the Champions league postgame?(

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
There's appears to be a RUMOUR floating that what actually happened is that they screwed up porting the models to Switch and because of that, they had to limit the amount of Pokémon.

Grains of salt, though.

I actually would prefer for it to be something like this because, despite it being incredibly silly for a multi-billion dollar gaming company to make such a mistake, that means that a), missing Pokemon being patched in through future content patches isn't actually off the table and b), even if they aren't patched in, perhaps we won't see Dex cuts in future games/generations.

That being said, I find this somewhat unlikely, as the rumors aren't even sourced, and this does seem like a very silly mistake to make. I'd expect this from Jagex, not GameFreak. I also think that if this had been the case, when they first got massive amounts of backlash against Dexit they would have come right out and said "Yeah, look, there was an issue porting the older models over to the new format that made this decision necessary. We'll try to avoid having the same situation affect future games." and that probably would have diffused most of the backlash right there.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Wait!
Can you send me the link where it says Leon becomes the head of the battle facility? Also what is his team at the Battle tower? Last does that mean we cannot rematch him in the Champions league postgame?(
1. It was confirmed on 4Ch:
http://boards.4channel.org/vp/thread/41117479
2. The person who battled him fought against Seismitoad, Aegislash and G-Charizard. I guess he uses 3 Pokemon (1 of which is always G-Charizard) all of the ones at his disposal (Aegislash, Haxorus, Dragapult, Final forms of starters, Seismitoad, Rhyperior and Mr. Rime). Unless he only used few of them.
3. He seems to be rematchable as the Trainere dump confirm he uses a Team with Charizard at lv. 70 (but with only 5 Pokemon, Haxorus missing):
https://pastebin.com/4fwAsQCi

shadowF

1. It was confirmed on 4Ch:
http://boards.4channel.org/vp/thread/41117479
2. The person who battled him fought against Seismitoad, Aegislash and G-Charizard. I guess he uses 3 Pokemon (1 of which is always G-Charizard) all of the ones at his disposal (Aegislash, Haxorus, Dragapult, Final forms of starters, Seismitoad, Rhyperior and Mr. Rime). Unless he only used few of them.
3. He seems to be rematchable as the Trainere dump confirm he uses a Team with Charizard at lv. 70 (but with only 5 Pokemon, Haxorus missing):
https://pastebin.com/4fwAsQCi
Thank you! it really does seem that the story is completed in these games and we know what happens to the characters in the future!
We know that Bede and Marnie become gym leaders, Hop becomes a Pokemon professor assistant with the hopes of becoming a Pokemon professor in the future and Leon becomes the head of the battle tower! With our main character becoming the champion as well!

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
G-Darmanitan is looking like an amazingly underrated threat for a few reasons. First of all is its new exclusive ability; Gorilla Tactics. This seems to act as a built-in Choice Band, boosting its Attack but allowing only the use of the first move it selects. This means you could potentially run a Scarf set without giving up too much power. But more interesting than that is that it gets access to Zen Mode as a HA, similar to normal Darmanitan. However, unlike normal Darmanitan, whose Zen forme is borderline useless thanks to extremely low Speed, G-Darmanitan's Zen forme is completely different, gaining a huge 40 point jump to its base Speed, and a 20 point boost to its base Attack, meaning that its Zen forme is likely to be far more useful than regular Darmanitan's. It also gains the secondary Fire typing in Zen forme, becoming the first Ice/Fire type for us to get.

Oh, and, uh... Kyurem-Black got Dragon Dance and Icicle Spear. Welcome to Ubers where you belong.

Gyarados gets Power Whip (bit confused by this one, I guess it uses its whiskers...?), and is shaping up to be one of the best Dynamax users thanks to access to an amazing set of Max moves, Dragon Dance, and Moxie, which easily let it steamroll unprepared teams (and prepared teams after a bit of chip)... We could see a Gyarados suspect for the first time in ever.

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Is the Elite Four replacement tournament set if it comes to the Gym Leaders and order of fights?
Is it always
0. Bede
1. Nessa (1/8)
2. Bea/Allister (1/4)
3. Raihan (final)?

Also do we fight Rose right after Raihan?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Um. FireRed and LeafGreen had wireless adapters....

I meant actually trading with someone else in person. There has to be somebody within anyone's vicinity who has the game with the amount of Switch's sold.
I was joking

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm so glad Leon became the tower head that is genuinely a great place for him to go. Ever since sun and moon i love that when we become the champions, we are the actual champions and the previous one take different roles. Love that concept. And yeah these games really do seem to tie up all their characters in this game only. So like XY it will probably be the only two games for the galar region but unlike XY they would complete the story and lore so it doesn't feel incomplete.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Before I trail through pages of this thread looking for it, do we know which Pokemon each Gym Leader/Elite Four member and Leon has on their teams? Just so I can plan out team rotations based on what I'll need for certain gyms.