1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by WishIhadaManafi5, Jun 1, 2019.

1. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

Fair point.... Still.....

I don't mind the gorrila bit, just not sure about the big drum part.

2. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

And your source for where this was posted...? It's all well and good to say it was posted a week ago, but you need to back it up with a link to where that was posted. Otherwise anyone could come up with details and claim they had been somewhere a week ago.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  3. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

I would really appreciate it if they break the supposed "feminine, masculine...'other'..." pattern in SwSh, mostly because I'm reaaaaaally not a fan of patterns.

What kinda annoys me about the leak is that it points out that the 4th Gym is Fairy typed....but then it just says the first three are Milo, Nessa and Kabu.... as if we're supposed to know who the frack Nessa and Kabu are... From the trials it kinda sounds like Nessa's water type (plus her name is similar to Naesse, the German word for Moisture) but what's Kabu?

janejane6178 likes this.
  4. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

https://i.imgur.com/t6x5WQn.png

this 4chan post

bobandbill and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  5. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

here
    https://old.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/bx2hnp/spoiler_pokemon_ss_leak_confirmed_by_direct/

top comment
    the mods are not frauds because they would delete the post if it seemed iffy

PokeMon2.0 and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  6. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

I think this still from the trailer may be a hint to the credibility of the leak:
    [​IMG]

The leak mentions chipmunk Pokémon, and the graphic on the shirt looks pretty close to that.

7. AgentKallus

AgentKallus That latest episode of Doctor Who though....

Or Nessa like Nessie as in the Loch Ness Monster, which also points to water type.

PokeMon2.0 and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  8. KKS-Lapras

KKS-Lapras Well-Known Member

Where did you see a Farfetch'd evolution?

9. Divine Retribution

Divine Retribution Master of the freak show

Now, what's interesting if this turns out to be true is what exactly is a regional evolution? Does this mean these evolutions will not occur in future games, or is it simply new evolutions added a la gen 4?

10. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Assuming he's not just tripping on his words (ie: "regional evolutions" = "new cross-gen evolution) it's possible that's the shtick to explain why farfetch'd now evolves into sirfetch'd despite not doing so before. It's ~*the region*~ that's inducing it so now they don't have to require a move or item for it to work.

In theory, anyway. Not sure how the Meowth plays into it. New evolution for Meowth he forgot the name of? Another regional variant in line with Alolan Meowth? Did not actually mean Meowth and just got his words confused with another cat pokemon?

11. Blaze Master X

Blaze Master X Yusei Fudo

https://pokemon.gamespress.com/PREP...LD-AREA-AND-JOIN-A-MAX-RAID-BATTLE-IN-POKEMON
    Summaries of the Starters:
    Those summaries are fitting this rumor's starter evolution.
    Grookey Evo - Gorilla Drummer
    Scorbunny Evo - Bunny Fighter (Humanoid Bunny)
    Sobble Evo - Spy Chameleon

wolf jani likes this.
  12. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

I wonder if he meant pre-evolution for Meowth? It would be fairly random but we know they had planned one before, and "ball of spiky grey fur" sounds like a tiny kitten to me.

Orphalesion, wolf jani and PokeMon2.0 like this.
  13. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

Team Yell, Gigantimaxed Musical Lapras, Grookey final evo beating a drum.

Sound-type

14. KKS-Lapras

KKS-Lapras Well-Known Member

I wish so much these Direct videos and major reveals would be released on Saturdays, so I could enjoy the new info in real time.

In the leaks others are saying seem to have been vindicated, were there details of Eeveelutions?

15. Bus

Bus Well-Known Member

That'd be nice and I have championed the idea of a 'Sound' type being added, but just because the evil team's name is 'Yell', it doesn't indicate what primary type they use. Only Teams Mamga & Aqua were like that; no other team ever stuck to the theme of their name.
    Team Plasma didn't specialize in Electric
    Team Flare didn't specialize in Fire
    Team Skull didn't specialize in Dark
    Team Rocket & Team Galactic couldn't have even had a type attributed to their name

Basically, if there was no pattern before, it's unlikely there'd be one now. Again, though, I really would like to see 'Sound' added as a type.

16. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Oh wow, we actually have a rumor with some credibility to it. That's nice for a change. Let's just remember that this guy could have had some information, and then made up everything else, so this isn't confirmed yet, but it's certainly interesting.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  17. MalcolmBelmontS

MalcolmBelmontS Well-Known Member

REALLY hope Sobble's Evoultion is Water/Ghost and not Water/Dark so we don't get another Greninja (i like Greninja don't get me wrong but i want Sobble to have a different typing)

wolf jani likes this.
  18. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

If these regional evo are true, then I hope that THIS time it won't be restriected only for gen 1 Pokemon *sigh*

19. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

I hope you don't still think this. If you look around on twitter tons more information was discovered which verified he is saying the truth. Even 2 other pokemon were discovered hidden in the trailer that the guy did mention. He was right point blank period.
    Here is some proof for those interested:
    https://twitter.com/Jackson556D/sta...m/Jackson556D/status/1136380671482572801?s=20

and another one

https://twitter.com/pokejungle/stat...om/pokejungle/status/1136383399072063493?s=20

wolf jani likes this.
  20. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

By the current standing of things it seems to be pure fire although I am confused about what the typing of the other 2 could be if we take into account the new information we received.
    the spy theme and the big physical monkey. Maybe the spy is dark or poison? IDK