• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

sketchersmeargle

Something I haven't seen discussed much about Cramorant so far is how the Affleck leak implies it can spit up other pokémon as well, such as Pikachu. While the leaker only mentioned the fish and Pikachu, I wonder if there other pokémon as well?

Also, maybe those other pokémon makes Gulp Missile have different effects? Such as a chance to paralyze with Pikachu, another pokémon for burn etc.

Since its ability activates for both surf and dive, it could be move specific.

The fish from using dive and Pikachu from using surf.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
^True, but saying that, we don't even know how to evolve Galarian Linoone into Obstagoon, nor doe we know about whether or not Sirfetch'd is real, and if he is real, then Sirfetch'd is either a galarian Farfetch'd or, as Affleck has hinted in his leak, the evolved form of Farfetch'd, and if Sirfetch'd is the evolved form of Farfetch'd as hinted, we don't even know how to evolve a Farfetch'd if possible.
The way the Affleck leak puts it clearly states that Sirfetch'd is a regional evolution of Farfetch'd.

Which in turn means Farfetch'd has a regional form, since Pokemon confirmed that only previous generational Pokemon with a Galarian variant can evolve further in the Galar region.

Affleck leak also states there's a Galarian Meowth, and I'm guessing that either Persian has a Regional Evolution, or Meowth itself does. Cause I doubt they'd throw two Meowth regional variants at us in a row w/o making them noticeably different.

Kangaflora

As they say, don't rule out the abnormal when it comes to Pokémon, just look at our 18 Alolan formes of the Kanto Pokémon (Rattata, Raticate, Raichu, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Vulpix, Ninetales, Diglett, Dugtrio, Meowth, Persian, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Grimer, Muk, Exeggutor and Marowak).

Kingudora

My favourite
Since its ability activates for both surf and dive, it could be move specific.

The fish from using dive and Pikachu from using surf.
However, Cramorant has been shown using both moves in different trailers, with both of them showing Cramorant with the fish after. So I'd rather think it is chance based instead.

As they say, don't rule out the abnormal when it comes to Pokémon, just look at our 18 Alolan formes of the Kanto Pokémon (Rattata, Raticate, Raichu, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Vulpix, Ninetales, Diglett, Dugtrio, Meowth, Persian, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Grimer, Muk, Exeggutor and Marowak).
If Sirfetch'd evolves from regular Farfetch'd, then it would just be an ordinary cross-generational evolution, like Scizor or Magnezone. What makes regional evolutions distinct is that they are exclusive to regional forms of pokémon.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.

Affleck leak also states there's a Galarian Meowth, and I'm guessing that either Persian has a Regional Evolution, or Meowth itself does. Cause I doubt they'd throw two Meowth regional variants at us in a row w/o making them noticeably different.

I think they'd want to have a mascot for regional forms as such.

A pokemon that a regional form for each region that gets one to help explain the concept or whatever, Meowth could be fulfilling such a role. That would make sense since it is already a well known pokemon thanks to the Meowth of Team Rocket from the anime.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I wonder if maybe when he throws Pikachu, Pikachu will shock who it hits for a bit of extra damage.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
I have to wonder if the Pikachu part of Cramorant's gimmick is still applicable though, like what if they decided to take it out? Just something I've been considering.

Kingudora

My favourite
I have to wonder if the Pikachu part of Cramorant's gimmick is still applicable though, like what if they decided to take it out? Just something I've been considering.
Not sure why it wouldn't still be in, unless the leaker just lied about it.

But I think why they haven't shown that happening is because I think it is intended to be a surprise gag. If it does happen, it is probably rather uncommon (like a 10% chance).

SurrealistSmeargle

I think it might be fairly safe to assume that the 'Sometimes it spits up a Pikachu' part of the leak might be this Gen's Alolan Oddish - either something that was true when the leaker took his info and was then scrapped, or, more likely, something which was never true in the first place, and used to throw some plausible deniability on the other legitimate leaks. We've had many leaks before where 80% of them have turned out correct, but there've still been things that were incorrect or never came to pass. I would venture that the Pikachu-GulpMissile issue is one of these.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Not sure why it wouldn't still be in, unless the leaker just lied about it.

But I think why they haven't shown that happening is because I think it is intended to be a surprise gag. If it does happen, it is probably rather uncommon (like a 10% chance).

It could be that what the leaker saw was art that never made it into the game too. Like the Blastoise fire trucks of Alola.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Why could not a sirfetch’d evolve from a normal farfetch’d? For that matter, are we even certain there will be a Galarian Koffing?

Alolan Exeggutor, Marowak, and Raichu evolved from their normal Kanto versions. There was no Alolan Cubone.
It's implied, especially by the credible leak, that only regional variants can evolve into these new evolutions.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Not really a rumor but DLC would be nice in some way. Not asking for a season pass but special outfits,gyms (so Sword gets the ghost gym and Shield gets the fighting) and maybe special pokemon via a story event like Victini was in BW. If it doesn't get DLC it will be one of the only Switch games not to have it.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Not really a rumor but DLC would be nice in some way. Not asking for a season pass but special outfits,gyms (so Sword gets the ghost gym and Shield gets the fighting) and maybe special pokemon via a story event like Victini was in BW. If it doesn't get DLC it will be one of the only Switch games not to have it.
If it's DLC, I'd rather Pokemon go for the Obsidian route and give us 4-5 large story packs set on these "mini regions" full of post-game challenges that further expands upon the lore. Maybe they could take some inspiration from Ireland.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I wouldn't mind if the game went the assassins creed odyssey way and gave some free missions for us to play with like more info on a specific character for each mission.

Ning

I’d be shocked if they didn’t do something like that.

One thing I noticed looking at the known Pokémon: there’s extremely few fire Pokémon that we know of in SwSh.

Charmander (I almost don’t want to count this as if they are adding starters from a gen there’s almost certainly all of them)

Growlithe
Vulpix
Litwick

And that’s it. I’m curious what else will be in. Has to be at least a few other Fire types being in Galar from previous gens. I’d imagine volcano fire type Pokémon to go with the mine area. Turtonator, Torkoal, Numel. Some combination of those. Also, how can they not have Pyroar?

My dream would be Numel just because I just got a shiny one and that shiny black Camerupt is amazing.

TRNRLogan

I’d be shocked if they didn’t do something like that.

One thing I noticed looking at the known Pokémon: there’s extremely few fire Pokémon that we know of in SwSh.

Charmander (I almost don’t want to count this as if they are adding starters from a gen there’s almost certainly all of them)

Growlithe
Vulpix
Litwick

And that’s it. I’m curious what else will be in. Has to be at least a few other Fire types being in Galar from previous gens.

Not necessarily. We could get a sinnoh situation where there is only a couple.

SurrealistSmeargle

Not necessarily. We could get a sinnoh situation where there is only a couple.
While not outside the realms of possibility, one would hope, especially with the idea of D/P remakes on the horizon, that they would have learnt their lesson regarding that. I'm sure we'll see some more Fire-types soon enough. Given the Sinnoh issue, I wouldn't even be surprised if we saw some Galarian forms of pokemon from the Sinnoh dex who become Fire-types.